WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates cove today ?

milkmoney

Reaction score
It is pathetic and hilarious at the same time. I think we should feel lucky that we have restaurants and bars on the water. None of them have good food, but it doesn't matter. We are out doing what we love and having a place to stop and chill at is a great bonus.

So many people here that claim to be conservative and support capitalism, but are crying about $20. This business that has been a huge supporter of multiple boating events, is trying to make money, like any other business out there. They will not lose any business over this. If you think that, you are cookoo.

Yeah, the river was different 20 years ago, but it isn't 20 years ago anymore so deal with it. Don't like it.....go somewhere else. There are miles and miles of other beaches that you can hang out on free of charge.

The crying in this thread over $20 and a couple hundred for a year long pass is sad.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not worth the energy and time for people that are cookoo....

After being here for 2 months. I quit. Taking my ball and going home

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Speaking of Raiders. Our good friends were flying out of Ontario today and ran into this guy. Turns out the Raiders wouldn’t let him use the jet. Southwest from Ont to LV.

View attachment 754996
What the fuck? Did he spill his hair dye on his shirt?

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
It is pathetic and hilarious at the same time. I think we should feel lucky that we have restaurants and bars on the water. None of them have good food, but it doesn't matter. We are out doing what we love and having a place to stop and chill at is a great bonus.

So many people here that claim to be conservative and support capitalism, but are crying about $20. This business that has been a huge supporter of multiple boating events, is trying to make money, like any other business out there. They will not lose any business over this. If you think that, you are cookoo.

Yeah, the river was different 20 years ago, but it isn't 20 years ago anymore so deal with it. Don't like it.....go somewhere else. There are miles and miles of other beaches that you can hang out on free of charge.

The crying in this thread over $20 and a couple hundred for a year long pass is sad.

God no kidding lol [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Funny how people will spend $4.50 for a Latte at Starbucks all day long, but bitch about $4.00 for a gallon of gas too....

Done-it-again

Reaction score
My opinion is they are nickel and dimeing to make money. Like what has stated before, make the food better and add dinner specials. What was also said is open a small bar/bar cart on the opposite side of the resturant for people who don’t want food but will take some foo foo drinks.

These 2 changes would make huge profits over the $20 parking charges.

So i agree with the masses. Change the business and i’ll be more happy spending my $$$ eating and drinking than spending $20 to park.

wzuber

Reaction score
You and Wifey going to be at the river pad Memorial? Emily and I will be up there. Let’s get together if you are.
Ndeed we will....sounds like a good plan. We're clearing the beach n lagoon today.
I'll b here thru end of june shinning this turd.

Hammer

Reaction score
Love how most can easily can drop $500 in a weekend between food, gas and alcohol, but complain about $20 to enjoy a clean beach with trash cans and toilets. [emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]

Saving so much freaking money with my annual pass, I will gladly pay at Pirates. It is one of our favorite spots to go with the kids. Hopefully the $20 makes people stay away and I can have more beach to myself.

Joe, you are missing the point. It’s a money grab and takes advantage IMO. What they should do is serve food at the beach with waitress’ like a sonic or car hop type deal. Free parking and people will pay for snacks and the convenience of food.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Joe, you are missing the point. It’s a money grab and takes advantage IMO. What they should do is serve food at the beach with waitress’ like a sonic or car hop type deal. Free parking and people will pay for snacks and the convenience of food.

Great idea Michael.....forgive joe , he thinks he can change the word when he starts drinking. Lol [emoji39]

Singleton

Reaction score
My opinion is they are nickel and dimeing to make money. Like what has stated before, make the food better and add dinner specials. What was also said is open a small bar/bar cart on the opposite side of the resturant for people who don’t want food but will take some foo foo drinks.

These 2 changes would make huge profits over the $20 parking charges.

So i agree with the masses. Change the business and i’ll be more happy spending my $$$ eating and drinking than spending $20 to park.

This. Will I pay the $20, most likely, will I bitch about it, hell yes.
@OldSchoolBoats or others might call me cheap for bitching about $20. But I have a CA state park and boating pass, an AZ state park pass, and the Federal Parks pass. The combination off all of these cover my family at all beaches on Havasu (when I remember the cards). When I forget the cards, have no issue paying the ranger. My issue is concessionaires (Pirates) have the ability to charge and change fees without oversight (excluding entrance fees). Beach access at Park Moabi used to be considered an entrance fee and the state sets the entrance fee schedule. That changed when Pirates took on the concessionaires leases (they were able to classify beach parking as a separate fee). The fine print on what an entrance fees ‘is’ allowed this to occur, but IMO beach parking for a boat is no different then paying an entrance fee for a vehicle and IMO they should be the same ($15).

I have no problem when paying for something when I get something in return. Then again when my family leaves the area we are at (river or desert) it is cleaner then when we arrive.

Hammer

Reaction score
Bottom line is it’s a bad business model. Everyone understands that there is a cost associated with maintaining the beach and cleaning up. That is the cost of doing business, that overhead will be there regardless if the boaters are there or not.

It is unreasonable to charge a $20.00 fee when your customer service and food is not the greatest. Everyone on this forum is willing to pay a premium for great service.

Most of us do for boat maintenance and such. If the service/convenience doesn’t justify the markup and the business is doing it “just because they can” and not improving the service they provide it’s simply to make a profit and gouge the patrons.

I enjoy going to Pirates and even hosting my event there. However, if we had more options I would entertain the idea of enjoying my time elsewhere where I don’t feel I’m being taken advantage of.

I’m probably being contradicting. They own the place, they can do what they want. Just not how I would do things.

Anyone want to buy a beach and start a food hut? [emoji23]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Bottom line is it’s a bad business model. Everyone understands that there is a cost associated with maintaining the beach and cleaning up. That is the cost of doing business, that overhead will be there regardless if the boaters are there or not.

It is unreasonable to charge a $20.00 fee when your customer service and food is not the greatest. Everyone on this forum is willing to pay a premium for great service.

Most of us do for boat maintenance and such. If the service/convenience doesn’t justify the markup and the business is doing it “just because they can” and not improving the service they provide it’s simply to make a profit and gouge the patrons.

I enjoy going to Pirates and even hosting my event there. However, if we had more options I would entertain the idea of enjoying my time elsewhere where I don’t feel I’m being taken advantage of.

I’m probably being contradicting. They own the place, they can do what they want. Just not how I would do things.

Anyone want to buy a beach and start a food hut? [emoji23]

I keep thinking if someone would take the good from all places and leave the bad out , you would make a fortune.

Peoole are paying high prices for shit ...

Hammer

Reaction score
I keep thinking if someone would take the good from all places and leave the bad out , you would make a fortune.

Peoole are paying high prices for shit ...

I agree MM! [emoji106] just need to win the lottery.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
It is not about the money. It is about taking advantage of people.
Pirates has to pay to keep the beach clean, run the taxi & empty the trash. All the years hanging there, we have only had to pay a few times. It’s worth the money!

Hammer

Reaction score
Pirates has to pay to keep the beach clean, run the taxi & empty the trash. All the years hanging there, we have only had to pay a few times. It’s worth the money!

Do you pay for the taxi? I don’t think you do..

Is the price for food and drinks reasonable to you on top of the parking fee?

grumpy88

Reaction score
What about places that don't have restaurants. People constantly stop and use the beach where we stay . They let there dogs run loose . Use the parks bathrooms and plainly take up space that we pay to use . It's blm land managed by a concessionair.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Do you pay for the taxi? I don’t think you do..

Is the price for food and drinks reasonable to you on top of the parking fee?
Nope, I don’t use the taxi nor do I visit the restaurant. I eat at Topock & then hang at Pirates beach. I was told that if you buy food at the restaurant, you don’t have to pay the fee- not 100% sure about that, but that’s what I heard. If I owned that beach and had to pay peeps to keep it clean, I would charge about the same. Glad to pay it & I don’t expect things to be free.

Singleton

Reaction score
What about places that don't have restaurants. People constantly stop and use the beach where we stay . They let there dogs run loose . Use the parks bathrooms and plainly take up space that we pay to use . It's blm land managed by a concessionair.

When you think about the Havasu shore, you have AZ State Park land (Az side), BLM land (Az and Ca side), Native American land (Ca side) and San Bernardino County land (Ca side). Each group has a pay for beaching fee (either a range or a drop box is located somewhere.

Way too many agencies determining what you can do and pay when you beach

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Welcome to the "New River", folks!. The weekend warriors will not stop storming up there on the weekends, they will continue to raise prices.
I'm like the rest of you, I don't get why everyone races to get over there in the mornings to stand in piss water? Food sucks, Service sucks. Guess Im getting old.
Wait for the economy to dip a bit and all those clowns will be gone, just like in 2008.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Doesn't look like anyone even made 20 bucks today
Where is everyone?
pirates1.jpg

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Brother, I haven't paid to beach at Pirates since 2014.......[emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

LMAO Hold the phone........you're blasting those that don't want to pay the $20 to Pirates, then you drop this nugget in here? And NOOOOOOBODY noticed it. Fucking Brilliant :D

And for the record, I get what you are saying. But like a low end hooker, twenty bucks is twenty bucks. :)

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
LMAO Hold the phone........you're blasting those that don't want to pay the $20 to Pirates, then you drop this nugget in here? And NOOOOOOBODY noticed it. Fucking Brilliant :D

And for the record, I get what you are saying. But like a low end hooker, twenty bucks is twenty bucks. :)
Yup. Everyone is complaining but when was the last time they were charged???

TCHB

Reaction score
In a couple days from now you will see how much trash is left everyday in the Channel!! Not good.

Reactions: DWC

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Beach is nice for the kids, I never go to the restaurant ever though. :)
Exactly the only reason we go there however it’s getting bad...... too many glAssholes out there.
Love how most can easily can drop $500 in a weekend between food, gas and alcohol, but complain about $20 to enjoy a clean beach with trash cans and toilets. [emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]

Sadly the beach has gotten to the point it’s a catch 22, i will hang out at a different beach before paying 20$, however if they would clean the beach up I’d gladly pay 20$ just to keep the glAssholes away.

The glass and bottle caps are getting out of control on the beach from the middle palm to the east end at least.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I have been charged 3 or 4 times in 6 years. Once has been for $20.

The $20 enforcement patrol looks quite different than the enforcement of years past.

Honestly I would not have much of a problem giving them $5.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Remember 2 weeks ago when “we” started getting charged for oversize vehicles into Windsor... look how that turned out.

That is why we are complaining. Collectively we can speak here and with our wallets, and something might happen.

gqchris

Reaction score
Wait for the economy to dip a bit and all those clowns will be gone, just like in 2008.
Yup. I watch the clowns on Instagram, they are at the River every damn weekend! I'm like, how in the hell?! Does anyone work? LOL

Its coming, and Im gonna be ready to buy a sweetheart ride for dirt cheap!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
where does my 20$ go to? from what I can see some trash bags and trash pick up. Multiply that by 100's of boats and they get few thousand bucks a day by doing that.

point is show me the justification and I might not bitch

CobraDave

Reaction score
where does my 20$ go to? from what I can see some trash bags and trash pick up. Multiply that by 100's of boats and they get few thousand bucks a day by doing that.

point is show me the justification and I might not bitch

It’s the 15 gallons of gas for the 40hp outboard boat taxi! Maybe it’s paying for the zip line. Because we didn’t use it we have to all pay for it now.