WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates cove today ?

hallett21

Reaction score
where does my 20$ go to? from what I can see some trash bags and trash pick up. Multiply that by 100's of boats and they get few thousand bucks a day by doing that.

point is show me the justification and I might not bitch

They don’t have to justify. It’s their beach (via their lease agreement )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They don’t have to justify. It’s their beach (via their lease agreement )

do you not want to know where this money is going?

I figured the 60$ buckets covered the gas for the boats. Zipline. no one uses it anyway.

are they too over populated like Windsor and need to charge more to keep some out? I sure as hell don't think so.

I for one don't like spending money unless I know where it goes.

hallett21

Reaction score
do you not want to know where this money is going?

I figured the 60$ buckets covered the gas for the boats. Zipline. no one uses it anyway.

are they too over populated like Windsor and need to charge more to keep some out? I sure as hell don't think so.

I for one don't like spending money unless I know where it goes.

I’m not to worried about where a business puts their money.

They have goods or services for a price. If I am good with it I pay it. If not, then I spend my money else where.

I don’t want people telling me what I am allowed to make as a business owner. I try to extend the same courtesy to other businesses. If the prices are too high people will stop using the beach. If that hurts Pirate’s bottom line I am sure they will adjust the fee.

I’d bet a good chunk of money they see no losses from raising the beach fee though.

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score

They have goods or services for a price. If I am good with it I pay it. If not, then I spend my money else where.

I don’t want people telling me what I am allowed to make as a business owner. I try to extend the same courtesy to other businesses. If the prices are too high people will stop using the beach. If that hurts Pirate’s bottom line I am sure they will adjust the fee.

I’d bet a good chunk of money they see no losses from raises the beach fee though.

This....let the free market rein

checkrd past

Reaction score
The zip line was paid for by the zip line business that went out of business

kiethco

Reaction score
People own boats from 10,000 to 1,000,000 if you can afford the gas and insurance and beer for your boat you can afford the 20.00 Who do you think cleans up the mess everyday from the boaters that are pigs. pirates I'm guessing pays a crew to clean the beach so that you can enjoy it. I've never seen so many people complain about something so cheap. How about you pay 0 and one weekend a month you volunteer to clean the beach in the channel. Someone has to do it.

I paid 6k for mine 2 years ago, can I get the senior discount? The blue plate special?

77charger

Reaction score

I’d bet a good chunk of money they see no losses from raising the beach fee though.

Agree many feel entitled to use for free or tell others how to run their business.Like said earlier in this topic i prefer to just find another beach plenty to use if i dont feel like paying 20 bucks which is most times.I rather head to topock for lunch boat come back for dinner and go back to camp.

It doesnt bother me that they charge if i dont like it i just dont bother going there its my choice where to spend my money as its theirs to charge access.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
So.... for those of us that don't want to pay the $20.00. When you are parked there next time, and they come up and say, "Please hand over $20.00, that's our daily fee" How many will just say No???

Joker

Reaction score
So.... for those of us that don't want to pay the $20.00. When you are parked there next time, and they come up and say, "Please hand over $20.00, that's our daily fee" How many will just say No???

You can see these guys coming for miles to collect money. Simple solution is to not be by your boat when they pass by.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
You can see these guys coming for miles to collect money. Simple solution is to not be by your boat when they pass by.

I know, but I want to know of those complaining, how many will still go, and then try and not pay. What do you think they'll do if you just say no to paying them $20.00?

Singleton

Reaction score
I know, but I want to know of those complaining, how many will still go, and then try and not pay. What do you think they'll do if you just say no to paying them $20.00?

I only go on Sundays - I will head over to restaurant and beach - let my wife order a drink, let kid play in sand while wife drinks. Then move to beach side and relax until it’s time to pack up for weekend. Usually only an hour or 2 total. If they ask for $20, I will show receipt from restaurant side and say I already paid.

I filed a complaint with SB County saying entrance fee for vehicle is $15, why is entrance for boat (via beach parking) $20. Also filed complaint on why annual CA State pass does not cover boat beach parking.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I think all of the money they are collecting is going to the man made lagoon dredging!

CobraDave

Reaction score

Well now that I know they charge that, I will enter the cove knowing I will have to pay that and expect it. Or, I will keep driving past it.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
This thread is somewhat comical! Some good banter!

Lets all not forget that the beach only exists there so they can get more people into the bar and restaurant. Pirates did not invest in the beach out of the kindness of there heart for the boaters.

Nobody should have to pay a parking fee to cover the water taxi. They have a water taxi so they can get more people into there bar to make money selling there drinks and food which are not on sale.

There is also more to the place then the beach and bar. They are wanting to be a resort. They have all the camp sites and cabanas. The campsites are mostly reasonable but i believe thats because of the county. The condo/cabana things are of the chain expensive. I don’t smoke but have been in the store while someone is trying to buy a pack and its hilarious when the clerk says that will be $18.50, most contemplate quitting.

The question is this! What are they providing you for $20 and is it legit? To pick up trash? Without the people going there the bar and restaurant dies. That place clears out at 5pm and barley any people eat dinner there.

Some of the issue is there approach. There wont be any signage posted that you could read or see with all the commotion on a weekend. There is no park ranger or sheriff collecting just a pirates staff member. They aren’t consistent with collecting no matter what the fee is. It would flat piss you off if you have been going there for a few years, never have had to pay and now some pirate employee says hey $20 to park.

Should one have to pay?

Do you pay to park in the havasu channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jailbird141

Reaction score
Should one have to pay?

Do you pay to park in the havasu channel?

Not yet, but I am sure it has been discussed and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened. Just my opinion.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Everytime I been to pirates beach or whatever the fuck it is called. Never paid , beach is always clean and there were garbage cans with bags in them and not full or over flowing......

You assclowns would bitch if you were hung with a new rope. [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I think all of the money they are collecting is going to the man made lagoon dredging!
That entire thing is an environmental offset project, something about creating a habitat for the "flannel mouth sucker fish" or some shit lol. I think CA is making them do that in exchange for letting them build the rest of the place out and pack that channel with pee

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
If you pull up and go to the restaurant / bar, are you still hit with the $20 fee ? That would suck.

Having to pay $20 to park across the channel on the beach, when you aren't spending money at their restaurant or bar still sounds shitty but more reasonable as you are clogging up their real estate, using their trash cans, etc but not spending any money there.

And the final question - I'm camping at Pirates Cove next month, spent $100 a night for a peninsula spot. Am I going to be charged to use the channel beach? Now that would be ridiculous

Rbcconst

Reaction score
That entire thing is an environmental offset project, something about creating a habitat for the "flannel mouth sucker fish" or some shit lol. I think CA is making them do that in exchange for letting them build the rest of the place out and pack that channel with pee

I hope they dont extend the beach any further then it is now. Its already a shit show with only one way in and out. It would ruin the launch ramp area.

hallett21

Reaction score
If you pull up and go to the restaurant / bar, are you still hit with the $20 fee ? That would suck.

Having to pay $20 to park across the channel on the beach, when you aren't spending money at their restaurant or bar still sounds shitty but more reasonable as you are clogging up their real estate, using their trash cans, etc but not spending any money there.

And the final question - I'm camping at Pirates Cove next month, spent $100 a night for a peninsula spot. Am I going to be charged to use the channel beach? Now that would be ridiculous

Restaurant / Bar you don’t have to pay.

Not sure on camping. I would imagine you’d have a camping pass you could show them?

sirbob

Reaction score
Where does the money go?

WTF kind of question is that?

It’s pretty simple in my mind - do you like to park in that channel and spend the day? Is it worth $20 to you? Then the money goes to pay for your ability to enjoy what you want to do.

If it’s not worth $20 - go find another beach or build a restaurant and bar, create a spot people like to go to and decide for yourself if you should charge to come there.

Personally I’ve never once parked in that channel and it is the one part of Pirates I HATE - having to idle through a bunch of drunks squirting down my family and stereo and thinking it’s funny.

I wish they charged $100 and kept all the assholes out of there.

The beer is cold the bar food is bar food and the seats are hard. And I buy it every time I go there.

Meaney77

Reaction score

I have the exact same question- we are headed out next month for 10 days (annual trip) they are out of their mind if they think I am paying $20 a day to park on top of the money we have already spent on our peninsula.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Where does the money go?

WTF kind of question is that?

It’s pretty simple in my mind - do you like to park in that channel and spend the day? Is it worth $20 to you? Then the money goes to pay for your ability to enjoy what you want to do.

If it’s not worth $20 - go find another beach or build a restaurant and bar, create a spot people like to go to and decide for yourself if you should charge to come there.

Personally I’ve never once parked in that channel and it is the one part of Pirates I HATE - having to idle through a bunch of drunks squirting down my family and stereo and thinking it’s funny.

I wish they charged $100 and kept all the assholes out of there.

The beer is cold the bar food is bar food and the seats are hard. And I buy it every time I go there.

Lol - Jim you are making a pretty good argument here. :D I do not beach my DW 32 but if I was in another ride I would want to pull up to the restaurant side anyway to get out of the sun.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
This thread is somewhat comical! Some good banter!

Lets all not forget that the beach only exists there so they can get more people into the bar and restaurant. Pirates did not invest in the beach out of the kindness of there heart for the boaters.

I have been going to that beach longer than the pirate ever thought about building that bar, so I don't think its the "ONLY" reason the beach exists.
I cant hate on the place, as I enjoy the vibe sometimes. Someone came in with a plan, it worked and has proven to be a successful operation for them. I don't like the crowds that came with the plan but during the less crowded times I can enjoy the vibe.

77charger

Reaction score

Think you are fine for the channel if you are camped there as long as you have the band on your boat.BUt if camped there i would rather be on the beach at camp instead.

Now 100 per night to camp there? We camped there 2 times a summer the last 2 years but no plans this year for it it hotel this summer and back to needles next summer.I just hated taking 45 min to check in at night if someone was in front and once the guy couldnt figure out the check in and almost didnt let me in.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Busy already just after 10 am
No traffic on my side of the street lol
They had security before you get to the restaurant.
They weren't going to let me park my bike unless I was going in to eat or drink
20190527_1033531.jpg
20190527_1037431.jpg

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
I have the exact same question- we are headed out next month for 10 days (annual trip) they are out of their mind if they think I am paying $20 a day to park on top of the money we have already spent on our peninsula.

When we camped there they gave you a wrist band deal for your boat. Put it on the bow eye and they will leave you alone.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Funny but i had this happen to me at several places on the California side of the lake witch the indians have most of and they will approach you for cash. Want $10 per watercraft that is beached. Also have had it a couple times in steamboat, so random when they show up but they do want there mo ey and on a couple of occasions i only had $100 told them i didn't have any cash and said well for future... and we went on with our day.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I’ve been ask to pay once .
I really don’t like to beach my boat in the first place .
I got my family/ friends back to the boat and left .
Had a better time on the water -
Screw that pay shit .
Happen at steam boat at the so called beach looked like a damn rock beach .
Was ask to pay I told the guy my boat anchored off the beach . He still want money . I told him I’m not paying
He wrote my boat numbers down .
He left
Never heard from anyone . Been a year or more
lol