WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pit Boss Griddle - Happy Thread

Xring01

Reaction score
For fathers day, I got a new griddle. I have used it a few times and I have to say I like it. Yep better than my black stone.

Why, because the griddle is ceramic coated and is as slick as teflon, cooks the same as iron, but alot easier to clean. And no seasoning to worry about.

Just made chicken fajitas for dinner and they where the bomb. Better than any restaurant I have been to in 20 years

32EF3DD5-D278-4530-8F16-8A7DFDBA9520.jpeg
9CE2ACF0-CF4C-4994-BD2C-9403647F10DE.jpeg

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
For fathers day, I got a new griddle. I have used it a few times and I have to say I like it. Yep better than my black stone.

Why, because the griddle is ceramic coated and is as slick as teflon, cooks the same as iron, but alot easier to clean. And no seasoning to worry about.

Just made chicken fajitas for dinner and they where the bomb. Better than any restaurant I have been to in 20 years

View attachment 1128832 View attachment 1128833
Dam. Got add that to my list now lol.

grumpy88

Reaction score
What is the trick to get the meet and vegetables right . My wife does it in a skillet and all the water in the food turns it into a watery mess

Xring01

Reaction score
Owe, while I am on the subject…
Some one bought me a Harry Soo’s Slappy Yo Daddy seasoning gift pack.

I have to say, its pretty damn good. I pretty much only make my own seasoning. Because I feel the vast majority of everything you buy has way to much salt. To me… again to me… the salt over powers the garlic, onion etc etc etc… and all I taste is salt…
Beef is really good, and I am just trying out the Chicken one.

But the Harry’s stuff is well balanced…
For this Chicken fajitas… marinade…
I sliced the chicken into taco sized slices.
I used some olive oil, some Slap yo Daddy Chicken Rub, Cumin, Paprika, Black Pepper, and chipotle powder….
Mixed it all together for, let it marinade for 45 min…

Thru it all on the griddle… put a smile on my face…
683041A7-8C6B-4A9D-A553-72455A009617.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
How do you like the grease drain hole there? Do you feel like it takes up too much cook space?

Xring01

Reaction score
How do you like the grease drain hole there? Do you feel like it takes up too much cook space?
Not at all,… the grease trap catcher thingy is also ceramic coated… It cleans up stupid fast also..
I just drain in, and wipe it out with a paper towel.. and I am not wasting/using the foil pans that I have on my Blackstone.

The best part about the Pit Boss I have.. The top part lifts off the bottom stand part… and its a tail gaiting machine… seriously…
Its the one that I take camping with me. Which is why I bought … dual purpose … and the right size.

I think I can easily cook for about 6 on this one. The bigger one would have been nice, but it wouldnt be portable….

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Flat top griddle, the right heat, (allows water to evaporate) and a little oil… all I do. View attachment 1128836
I start the veggies like you, just a bit of oil, and start them a little ahead of the meat. Kind of gives them lead, and then less water as you cook off the chicken. Also learned that some places have their chicken pumped up with water, like the old Zack Farms commercials. Makes a difference on how it takes the seasoning too.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not at all,… the grease trap catcher thingy is also ceramic coated… It cleans up stupid fast also..
I just drain in, and wipe it out with a paper towel.. and I am not wasting/using the foil pans that I have on my Blackstone.

The best part about the Pit Boss I have.. The top part lifts off the bottom stand part… and its a tail gaiting machine… seriously…
Its the one that I take camping with me. Which is why I bought … dual purpose … and the right size.

I think I can easily cook for about 6 on this one. The bigger one would have been nice, but it wouldnt be portable….

That is good to know. I was getting excited about it until I saw the $550 price tag!

I got the electric 17” Blackstone for camping. It has the coated griddle too which is very easy cleanup.

Xring01

Reaction score
I start the veggies like you, just a bit of oil, and start them a little ahead of the meat. Kind of gives them lead, and then less water as you cook off the chicken. Also learned that some places have their chicken pumped up with water, like the old Zack Farms commercials. Makes a difference on how it takes the seasoning too.

Yeah… thats a valid point…
So this was boneless skinless frozen chicken breast…

Put them in the bowl and filled it with water to thaw out…
Once they where thawed, I drained the water, sliced them up, put them back in the bowl….

I drained more water out of the bowl twice, while I was prepping the marinade…

The point here is, that after I sliced them a boat load of more water comes out of the chicken. Which I drained twice….

Then I added the oil, spices, chicken, mixed it together with my hand… a technique that “Sam the Cooking Guy” does… put it in the fridge to marinade for 45 minutes… yes, you can go several hours or over night… but I was hungry…

Xring01

Reaction score
That is good to know. I was getting excited about it until I saw the $550 price tag!

I got the electric 17” Blackstone for camping. It has the coated griddle too which is very easy cleanup.
No way… I would not have paid that.

I just paid $349 at a Scheels in Reno NV, and they give me 10% off because I am a veteran…

See if you can buy thru Scheels online and have it delivered????

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No way… I would not have paid that.

I just paid $349 at a Scheels in Reno NV, and they give me 10% off because I am a veteran…

See if you guy buy thru Scheels online and have it delivered????

I see. I just looked it up at Lowes, nowhere else. All the sizes were $550+ which seemed odd for a 2 burner unit.

Xring01

Reaction score
Another recipe that I found online thats a hit at my house…

Poor Mans Philly Cheese Steaks…
Instead of sliced rib roast, or steak or ________, use 80/20 ground beef…

Make it just like any other cheese steak..

No shitter… its difficult to taste the difference… Damn good, mighty fine grub when you in a pinch and dont want to go to the store.

Obviously do it on a flat top griddle…

The one thing I do that may be different is butter the roll before I toast them lightly… ohhh makes world of difference to me.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
What is the trick to get the meet and vegetables right . My wife does it in a skillet and all the water in the food turns it into a watery mess
I’ve come to the conclusion after many many attempts that fajitas are better paid for at a restaurant. Pappasito’s has pretty good ones.

Xring01

Reaction score
I’ve come to the conclusion after many many attempts that fajitas are better paid for at a restaurant. Pappasito’s has pretty good ones.
WHOOAAAA…

WHOOAAAA…..

What the f$%@….

This is a happy thread…. No negative talk… NONE… I wont have it… You can become a Fajita Master Chef…

OHHH SHIT I JUST CRACKED MYSELF UP>>> BUT I JUST STARTED MY FIRST BOURBON

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Another recipe that I found online thats a hit at my house…

Poor Mans Philly Cheese Steaks…
Instead of sliced rib roast, or steak or ________, use 80/20 ground beef…

Make it just like any other cheese steak..

No shitter… its difficult to taste the difference… Damn good, mighty fine grub when you in a pinch and dont want to go to the store.

Obviously do it on a flat top griddle…

The one thing I do that may be different is butter the roll before I toast them lightly… ohhh makes world of difference to me.

We have been doing cheese steaks often for the past couple months.

Chicken cheese steaks are another cheap go to or if you don’t have steak. Excellent with a buffalo sauce drizzle.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
We have been doing cheese steaks often for the past couple months.

Chicken cheese steaks are another another cheap go to or if you don’t have steak. Excellent with a buffalo sauce drizzle.
I will have to give that a try..

So buffalo wing sauce on the chicken when your cooking it, or after its cooked?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I will have to give that a try..

So buffalo wing sauce on the chicken when your cooking it, or after its cooked?

I like it after it is cooked on the sandwich, or right before you throw the cheese on.

I have not tried tossing it in the sauce and cooking it, but we do marinade the steak before we cook it.

One thing I do like about the Blackstone is that because it isn’t coated, I can cut on it.

Wal Mart has a really good $5 scraper that is semi sharp. I sharpened it further and use is as my grill knife.
image.jpg

Socalx09

Reaction score
We have been thinking of getting this setup for the RV because it detaches from the stand. Would you say the 2 burner is equivalent to the 22” blackstone size or 17? It looks awesome.

We have the Pitboss KC smoker and griddle combo. It is a awesome and makes searing a breeze, plus we didn’t want to store two separate grills.

Xring01

Reaction score
We have been thinking of getting this setup for the RV because it detaches from the stand. Would you say the 2 burner is equivalent to the 22” blackstone size or 17? It looks awesome.

We have the Pitboss KC smoker and griddle combo. It is a awesome and makes searing a breeze, plus we didn’t want to store two separate grills.
Off the top of my head, yes… very comparible..
I think I did the math on the dimensions of the cook top, on the various models and wrote down the square inchs of cooking space on them..

I probably thru that piece of paper away… math is simple just multiple the length x the width… of the griddle top.. = sq inch of space you have to work on..

BTW…
I also have a Blackstone 17” that also has a side burner. I think they only sold that model thru Wallmart.
Its gets alot of jobs done.
But the biggest negative for me about. Its a bit small for 6 people… Which is our typical camping group. But it doesnt have a stand and not dual purpose in my opinion.

But the biggest pro is the side burner….

I see if I can find a picture of it in my archives. Hell I snatched the below of the interweb for you.

A6466E08-1D77-45A0-82D3-E31EBC7AA548.png

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I just made same Dam fine !! Philly cheesesteaks on the boat last Sunday for Fathers Day!

i didn’t get any pics, but they were good!

Xring01

Reaction score
What do you do with left over chicken fajitas? Yep Omelet, it was cooked on cast iron.. Thats a might fine brunch.
4108F8ED-BE8F-495E-9F26-3543ECD64F44.jpeg
B2B6567F-6FC2-4B0F-8BD8-91B327E47202.jpeg
C568E4F1-A382-43E5-B4D2-3C660D2EC57C.jpeg