WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pizza anyone??

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Gotta wait till tomorrow, hit Famous Dave's at lunch and we decided no cooking tonight!

We'll do a sausage, pepperoni, black olive and cheese tomorrow on the Traeger. :thumbsup

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
After the first time we did this the wife bought me a new pizza stone, a big spatula, and a new pizza cutter:thumbsup

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sorry for the delays!!

So, Home made Pizza from store bought products is what we like the best.

We have settled on the Safeway brand pre-made dough. They sell it in the deli section here.

I take it out of the fridge, remove the plastic, and lightly oil the outside of the dough ball and let it sit for at least one hour in a covered bowl.

The longer it sits, the less elasticity it has and the thinner you can spread it, if you want.
I've even rolled with a pin to stretch it when the kids were here.

pizza1.jpg

pizza3.jpg

Deb has these cool double skinned cookie sheets that work wonders for this. I take a good amount of flour, like at least a 1/4 cup?, and spread it out on the sheet
Drop the dough ball on it and spread it out some what. I flip it over once to get the flour on both sides.

This dough works great for thick or thin crusts. Just spread it out to what you want, don't worry if it is real thin, it will be OK. Pinch the edges up!

pizza11.jpg

This will have Italian sausage on it, we like the links.
So I pre-cook the sausage out of the skins in my Cast iron skillet. DON'T overcook it in the pan!

pizz2.jpg

suasage1.jpg

Add the sauce, spreading it evenly, then the shredded Mozz, then the toppings.
This has the sausage, pepperoni. and black olives!!

I always throw a handful of cheese over the toppings to "lock" them on and prevent the toppings from falling off while serving or eating.

pizza13.jpg

Heat Traeger to 425* or High.

Place entire sheet onto rack for 6-7 minutes.

pizza12.jpg

After 6-7 minutes, take a large steel spatula and work it between pizza and the sheet, sliding the pizza directly onto the rack.

pizza15.jpg

Continue cooking for 4-6 minutes until topping is lightly browned, or to your liking. Check it frequently, it goes fast!!

When done, slide it right back onto the sheet and enjoy!!

pizza17.jpg