WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pizza !

Englewood

Reaction score
For San Diego - Bronx, Landini's, or Pizzeria Luigi.

Surprisingly, the Pizza Studio on Blythe (Lovekin) is really good!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I ordered out a pizza. I was always disappointed
I doctor up the great value pizzas from walmart.
Have done this also and not half bad. We like our crust well done so this is not a bad option.

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Since few are following the rules about LHC pizza... if you find yourself in Chicagoland get some good pizza. And don’t worry if you fall in love with it. They’ll ship it to you frozen anytime, anyplace. I’ve been eating at this joint since I was 4 years old. 😊

samsah33

Reaction score
In LHC, Ken's on Mesquite is on my rotation, I'm a low carb guy that didn't have pizza for many years, then I smelled theirs and it smelled like the pizza my dad used to get when I was a kid, so I took the plunge... Wasn't disappointed.

tx-19

Reaction score
I'm surprised less people mentioned Ken's on Mesquite. They have great dough. Not great for dine in, pretty dull and small inside.

Papa Leone's is the one over by London Bridge right? That place has great pie too. Decent for dine in, if the weather is nice their patio has a couple tables that look down on the channel

Oh yeah, Red Baron over behind the Del Taco kinda by the Eagle's club, great pie too, this is good for dine in as they have a bar and lots of seating.

Rossati's is Chicago style, i don't really consider that pizza, more like bread lasanga, but it's definitely good if that's what you're looking for.

If you're in Henderson/Vegas, Settebello is fucking top notch. My stepfather was born and raised in Milano Italy, he said hands down it's the only pizza in America that comes to close to real italian pizza.
We order kens every time we are in town,always good

badgas

Reaction score
Havasu = ROSATIS : Thin crust Pepperoni, Sausage , Mushroom and Giardiniera hot mix. Have not had any other pizza I liked in Havasu.

GRIMALDIS = Was really good last time I had it. They closed the one in El Segundo during Covid BS it has been 10 years since I had one in Vegas. As they grow they might go down hill like all the other chains.

PETRILLOS = If you are up in Alhambra, San Gabriel area is really good.

OC ? let me know I have only lived here 53 years and all the good pizza places have closed or changed.

I love making pizza at home. Scratch made dough and sauce quality toppings etc blows away all the chain garbage.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Round Table used to be good 30 yrs ago, now it kind of hit n miss.
Best thing going nowadays franchise wise has tobe Mountain Mike's. Y'all really don't know this?

Captain Dan

Reaction score
61 posts in, and nobody has mentioned Filippi's Pizza Grotto? All over San Diego and also in Temecula. Consistently good for many years. I no longer care for their thick crust, but they also offer thin.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I'm a PZA pizza fan, they're the only people in Havasu that really know how to cook their product. I like Kens, Red Barron and Rosati's if you can get them to cook it.

Rondog4405

Reaction score

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Temp? Do you pre cook the dough then put it back on. Or just load up your dough and cook it on max heat??
I make my own dough.......I don't run the Traeger on high for anything. I don't pre cook it. I try to stay at no more that 325. The Traeger, IMHO, isn't really designed for high heat. I do use a pizza stone in it and pre heat it. If I'm in town sometimes I'll get a Papa Murphy's cowboy pizza and do it on the Traeger....not too bad.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I make my own dough.......I don't run the Traeger on high for anything. I don't pre cook it. I try to stay at no more that 325. The Traeger, IMHO, isn't really designed for high heat. I do use a pizza stone in it and pre heat it. If I'm in town sometimes I'll get a Papa Murphy's cowboy pizza and do it on the Traeger....not too bad.
Gotcha. Have the pizza stone. Will definitely give it try. 👍👍. We’ve made our home dough. But for us simplicity of using the TJ dough we just do that. ( it’s easier to just let the TJ rest/rise for 30 minutes lol)

riverroyal

Reaction score
in havasu
pza for thin, wood fired.......honorable for kens, but more of a homer for the years i have eaten
mudshark for normal in between thin and pan, and the salads......the house vinaigrette is awesome
rosattis for pizza lasagna, aka deep dish
PZA for us.
North san diego its almalfi.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
So I'm hearing is Havasu is in desperate need of an Italian restaurant. ;)
Angelina's is very good for Italian in Hauasu
Papa Murphys. They're a franchise. We have them here in Co. and if you go to their website, they're in most states. Hell, there's one in Havasu on M. Blvd!!!! You order, they put it together then you take it home and cook it. Really killer and fresh!
I like these done on the grill. They just come out so hot compared to any type of delivery.
PZA is also good.
Linda's in havasu has good pizza dough and store made Italian meats for them.
But nothing beats a Giordanos in Chicago closest is Chicago pasta house I Moreno Valley, own by Giordano's family.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Ballpark in San Juan Capistrano has vey thic meat toppings, best around that area that we have found.

Stadium pizza in Lake Elsinore is ok, they do a two for one I think on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. It’s a brewery and their beer is great.

Red Barron has a good bar. Good vibe nice peeps own it. Pizza has been great, wings great.

My wife does a low carb pizza at home that is to die for, the best! The crust ingredients will make you question the food pyramid.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I really like barley bros pizza, papa leonies & I’ll try red Barron. The nautical used to have a pretty good pie but not for a while.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Redlands - Romanos, deep dish Chicago style.

San Bernardino/Highlands - Alfredo’s/ Two Guys love the pizza with the marinara and olive oil and garlic mix sauce.

A chain mainly in NorCal but has a few locations in So Cal - Mountain Mike’s. The pepperoni pie is spicy, not a pizza for kids. But I like spicy pizza.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Red Baron in Havasu. The owners I know from Big Bear, where they had the Red Baron up there for almost 40 years. Pizza is great, Wings are even better… and they have a full bar.

Papa Leone’s is our second go to for pizza, but they only have beer and wine.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Another vote for Petrillo's. Best pizza in SoCal!

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I'm surprised less people mentioned Ken's on Mesquite. They have great dough. Not great for dine in, pretty dull and small inside.

Papa Leone's is the one over by London Bridge right? That place has great pie too. Decent for dine in, if the weather is nice their patio has a couple tables that look down on the channel

Oh yeah, Red Baron over behind the Del Taco kinda by the Eagle's club, great pie too, this is good for dine in as they have a bar and lots of seating.

Rossati's is Chicago style, i don't really consider that pizza, more like bread lasanga, but it's definitely good if that's what you're looking for.

If you're in Henderson/Vegas, Settebello is fucking top notch. My stepfather was born and raised in Milano Italy, he said hands down it's the only pizza in America that comes to close to real italian pizza.
u need to try rosatis thin crust.....off the charts

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Try the traders on the grill (lite olive oil) for a few to get a little crusty. Then finish in the oven with your toppings. I’ve started splitting the dough into two. More for personalized size pizza.

grew up in Downey and always was a Pina pizza fan.
i grew up in downey as well! Pinas was a huge night for our family back in the day. the antipasto salad was crazy good

badgas

Reaction score
i grew up in downey as well! Pinas was a huge night for our family back in the day. the antipasto salad was crazy good
Pina's 👍 was always really good. What about Downey Pizza Co ? The Pastrami pizza was always a love or hate type of pizza. I worked in Commerce from the mid 90's until 2009 and we had accounts with both of them. I bet I had pizza from both Pina and Downey 200 times.

On the other side of the FWY in Pico was Falcone's on Slauson. They had an great pizza about 15 years ago not sure if it is good today ?

badgas

Reaction score
Red Baron in Havasu. The owners I know from Big Bear, where they had the Red Baron up there for almost 40 years. Pizza is great, Wings are even better
I will have to try the wings I have not had good wings in Havasu. Do They fry them ?

I hate soggy wings and the places that don't fry them end up with soggy rubbery skin.

Hard to find good wings.

The Honey Bucket in Long beach = RIP had great wings.

Season Ticket Family Pizza in Buena Park = RIP also had great wings.

IMO The only spot that has good wings in OC is Seaside Grill in Seal Beach.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Pina's 👍 was always really good. What about Downey Pizza Co ? The Pastrami pizza was always a love or hate type of pizza. I worked in Commerce from the mid 90's until 2009 and we had accounts with both of them. I bet I had pizza from both Pina and Downey 200 times.

On the other side of the FWY in Pico was Falcone's on Slauson. They had an great pizza about 15 years ago not sure if it is good today ?

Falcones is still there and still good, so is Frantone’s in Downey.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
in havasu
Honestly pizza is 1 thing havasu does right. Lol
Rosaties for the win! Thin crust for the normal pizza cravings, deep dish for the holy shit I’m full status. Iv had beers and mixed drinks there, though there’s not a visible “bar’
Red Baron, good pizza, bonus for full bar.
Papa Leones hits the spot, but honestly I didn’t think Iv ever had sober, lol

Cali
san dimas - pizza n stuff - bomb as fuk, not just pizza, never had anything bad there. Their salads w mozzarella and ranch, ohhh shit ( almost north woods craving status, crack salad ). wine n beer only
La Verne - Warehouse pizza, Red Baron ish status but beer n wine only, how ever your in downtown La Verne great bars across the street
San Gabriel and glendora - Petrillos, I don’t know about bars, we've only picked up to go, bomb ass pizza

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Vittoria's valley and fremont alhambra good food in addition to the pizza.
Petrillos san gabriel.
Dominecos pasadena?
Pizzamania whittier since high school
Genovese's main near huntington alhambra/south pas sweet crust if they are still around.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Havasu = ROSATIS : Thin crust Pepperoni, Sausage , Mushroom and Giardiniera hot mix. Have not had any other pizza I liked in Havasu.

GRIMALDIS = Was really good last time I had it. They closed the one in El Segundo during Covid BS it has been 10 years since I had one in Vegas. As they grow they might go down hill like all the other chains.

PETRILLOS = If you are up in Alhambra, San Gabriel area is really good.

OC ? let me know I have only lived here 53 years and all the good pizza places have closed or changed.

I love making pizza at home. Scratch made dough and sauce quality toppings etc blows away all the chain garbage.
if yur into deepdish.....try Tony's Little italy in Placentia.....havent found a great thin crust one yet

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
The places I've been that have made their mark with my taste buds. First of all, I always likes da Round Table for deep dish..yup

Places I was around a bit.....

RED West Pizza.... Lomita
Numero Uno....Torrance
Domenicks Pizza...the OG best in Carson..my childhood fav
Lamppost....Torrance...now I go to Corona
Grazianos... Corona
Downey Pizza Co.....Downey
Gina's...Newport
Sgt. Pepperonis...Newport
Rizzos...Torrance...oh the buttery garlic knots
Stuff Pizza...still a few around I know the ones I went to are gone. Wood fired is good.

the510

Reaction score

For obvious unbias reasons.....

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Can't believe I forgot about El Padrino's in my original post, at least an honorable mention.
It's in the Basha's shopping center, a lot of people are also saying best Philly Cheese steak in town.

Tank

Reaction score
Home - Toppers Pizza
Key West Duvall St.- Angelinas
Kona Hawaii - Kona Brewing Company
Havasu - I actually really like the deep dish at Romanos (takes a while to cook though). But Papa Leones is our go too
Needles - River City Pizza
Sand Point / Hope Idaho - The old Icehouse Pizza.
Italy - ANYWHERE. Shit, we stopped at a shit hole next to a gas station outside of Florence and got the most amazing pizza I've ever had in my life. LOL

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
in upland rancho cucamonga my go to's were
petrillis (pretty much the same as petrillos in gledora)
san biagios in upland
sal's in rancho, take out only
barboni's pizza in rancho

havasu my favorites are papa leones, and rosatis.
My wife worked at Sals in High School. Good Pizza!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
in upland rancho cucamonga my go to's were
petrillis (pretty much the same as petrillos in gledora)
san biagios in upland
sal's in rancho, take out only
barboni's pizza in rancho

havasu my favorites are papa leones, and rosatis.
We typically to Petrillis as well as its closer. It was a Petrillos, but didn't have the traffic they wanted, so they sold it to the guys working there... I think they didn't give it much of a chance to grow. Great pizza as its the same.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I used to live by Bronx pizza in San Diego and it was my go to spot but anytime I’m in downtown San Diego Basic is a must!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
deep dish, chicago style is not pizza. i find it disgusting. thin to thinner crust new york style is what i call pizza!!

papa leons is my go to.
rosatis thin crust

in OC near anaheim/disneyland i have found anything good yet

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I always thought this was the worst business model... Go by a uncooked pizza and cook it at home.... Really!

I thought so too, then we started getting them in Havasu.

When we get into town we may grab one on the drive in, or I will go to Smiths to shop after getting into town and grab the pizza on the way home. Wife kicks on the oven, I throw the pie in when I get there, 15 mins later we are eating.

We like it because it is pretty good and fits into the schedule/transportation program.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
For Havasu Rositas Chicago style is great, but god damn, $35 for that little fucker.