WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Placing a Mobile Home in AZ info??

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Anyone bought and placed a mobile home on raw land in Parker / Havasu / Lower River lately?

Really curious as to real costs associated with doing this.

We still have financial commitments that we need to fulfill before buying something in Parker, but I think this may be a viable option. There is a reason why the same mobiles have been for sale over the last two years. :rolleyes

Pros / Cons to doing this?

jesco

Reaction score
I placed one 11 years ago in Ehrenberg (AZ side of Blythe)
Have it hauled out, bolted together and leveled I think that was $2,500.00
Install carpet (provided with new house just not installed) $900.
Drywall beam where doublewide bolts together and misc cracks/patching $800
Concrete curb around the entire house (20ft x 72ft) plus a driveway and garage slab (driveway 20ft x 40ft and garage 20ft x 30ft) i think was $10k
Install skirting around bottom of trailer $2k/$3k (treated wood framing, hardy board siding)
Buy and install condensing unit and have hooked up to Fan unit in house, $3k (I think, can't remember that one)
Build the garage, drywall/paint $16k
20ft x 30ft awning $5k

We did the skirting, wet and dry utility connections, level interior doors and finish nail them, propane tanks and connection... list of other misc items that nickel and dime you that I don't recall the prices. Our house was $72k to purchase new and I remember adding it all up and guessing all in we were around $100k/$110k when all said and done.

The PROS, it was a fun project for me and my dad to work on together.. lots of good memories throwing shovels and hammers every weekend, hahaha.

The CONS, after the economy tanked I lost close to half my "investment" ... Hahahaha Which, I don't really care about, never bought it as an "investment". Just a place for my family to have fun at, and we have had a blast the last 11 years there, so that technically makes this a PRO... hahaha

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I placed one 11 years ago in Ehrenberg (AZ side of Blythe)

Thank you very much for the insight! I already forwarded your post to the wife :)

I think the same as you. This is for fun, not investment. Just a nice, clean place to relax when we are out there... we continue to rent places and it just gets so old.

thmterry

Reaction score
I put a mobile in BHC about 10 years ago and it was $70k turn key and the new mobile was only $44K of that. delivery, permits, sewer hook up, car port and everything else ads up

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the insight! I already forwarded your post to the wife :)

I think the same as you. This is for fun, not investment. Just a nice, clean place to relax when we are out there... we continue to rent places and it just gets so old.

You don't like to boat on Havasu?

You can still get a decent house for under $180k out there. then rent it to snowbirds in the winter when you aren't using it.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I know 3 different people that put them in in the last 4 years.
Pricey
60k Mobile was free

1rvrryd

Reaction score

We spent about $18k on top of the home purchase for the setup, awnings, skirting, site prep, ac, etc. when we replaced our old mobile, so we reused the existing driveways, awning, and septic.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
You don't like to boat on Havasu?

You can still get a decent house for under $180k out there. then rent it to snowbirds in the winter when you aren't using it.

It is not that I don't like it, I just really feel at home in Parker. Been coming here for 30+ years. Only been on Havasu 2 times in the last 10 years. Once when I took delivery from Advantage and last year when milkmoney got me out for Desert Storm.

The ease of getting on and off the water in Parker is awesome. Having a semi-private, community only launch ramp would be great :thumbup:

We do roll up year round, so probably not in the cards to rent it. The wife actually prefers the cooler winter months than the hot summer.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I know 3 different people that put them in in the last 4 years.
Pricey
60k Mobile was free

We spent about $18k on top of the home purchase for the setup, awnings, skirting, site prep, ac, etc. when we replaced our old mobile, so we reused the existing driveways, awning, and septic.

Thanks, guys.

I imagine this could be a very expensive endeavor depending on how custom we want to go.

Real budget $175,000 for mobile, garage, set up, connections and land. Doable? Too early to tell.

We just started to entertain this idea, so we'll see where it goes. And still need to do homework on the different pieces of land that are for sale... what am I actually able to place on it when the time comes.

Appreciate the feedback.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I put a mobile in BHC about 10 years ago and it was $70k turn key and the new mobile was only $44K of that. delivery, permits, sewer hook up, car port and everything else ads up

Thanks!

This is great. You get exactly what you want. I can appreciate the places that are for sale, but the conditions of the trailers are not that spectacular.

10 years ago, I would not be picky... a place to crash with air conditioning and all is well. Now we just want a nice place to relax and call our own.

Advantage 1

Reaction score

That is a bitchen park! Stayed there many times until our two labs became too 'big'. :( We were not allowed to bring our pups to their bungalows anymore. Our pups didn't do anything, but they told me of a 25 pound pet limit for guests. This happened around 2013 or so... never been back.

I would want to own the land where the trailer sits. No space rent or higher HOA. Spending $275 a month now for boat storage and would not want any more rent. Plan would be to build a garage and bring the boat home :)

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Thanks!

This is great. You get exactly what you want. I can appreciate the places that are for sale, but the conditions of the trailers are not that spectacular.

10 years ago, I would not be picky... a place to crash with air conditioning and all is well. Now we just want a nice place to relax and call our own.

Realize that anything on the CA side and you will not own the land, and probably have a monthly space rent payment, which is pretty much at the whim of the park lessee.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Realize that anything on the CA side and you will not own the land, and probably have a monthly space rent payment, which is pretty much at the whim of the park lessee.

Thanks, Alan.

Yup - definitely would be in Parker.