WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plane crash, cable airport, upland

wzuber

Reaction score
I just drove by it, no details , sorry. No fire, full EMS on scene. Small plane upside down in between trees and building across street from runway. Appears it came up short.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Bummer.

I didn't know you were a local.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I just drove by it, no details , sorry. No fire, full EMS on scene. Small plane upside down in between trees and building across street from runway. Appears it came up short.
West or east side of the airport.?

Dream Chaser

Reaction score
East side of the airport about 200 yards south of lining up with the runway. Prayers for those aboard.

https://ktla.com/2019/06/15/small-plane-crash-lands-with-3-people-on-board-near-airport-in-upland/

Plane 2.jpg
plane1.jpg

wzuber

Reaction score
West or east side of the airport.?
East side. Landing approach is westerly direction under normal flight path rotation. Anybody hear from riverrun lately? I'm surprised my post was first one about it. I hope the occupants managed to survive. No fire should help that outcome. Quite a few peeps looking out to scene thru c.l.fence of east border of A.P. property and a few on the street. (Benson ave.) For those not familiar. Plane was proximal to city yard, fire drpt bldg. Etc. A couple of pieces of the a.craft near the curb but not readily recognisable while driving by. Sorry for such limited info/details. Couldn't stop to investigate, take pics.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Word on the street is the plane dropped into the city yard.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
East side. Landing approach is westerly direction under normal flight path rotation. Anybody hear from riverrun lately? I'm surprised my post was first one about it. I hope the occupants managed to survive. No fire should help that outcome. Quite a few peeps looking out to scene thru c.l.fence of east border of A.P. property and a few on the street. (Benson ave.) For those not familiar. Plane was proximal to city yard, fire drpt bldg. Etc. A couple of pieces of the a.craft near the curb but not readily recognisable while driving by. Sorry for such limited info/details. Couldn't stop to investigate, take pics.

Thanks for the update drove by to make sure it wasn’t sitting in my office on the west side of the airport. Hope everyone made it out alive.

wzuber

Reaction score
Bummer.

I didn't know you were a local.
Kinna..graduated UHS class of 81. Parents still live off 16th and San Antonio since 1976. My main res. Is n Diamond Bar, secondary n big river. Most of my work is from Glendora to Rancho Cucamonga to chino hills triangle.

wzuber

Reaction score
It was laying at base of a tree in the front yard of the white/blue building nxt to the fire dept on the north side. Brake a large limb of the tree off. No visual damage to parapit/facade wall on front of building. Nice all 3 occupants walked away. I bet their shorts were a bit dirty n uncomfortable. They'll have a great story to tell at parties tho.