WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plane crash into lake......

boatsntoys

Reaction score
AIRCRAFT CRASH- LAKE HAVASU CITY

On Saturday (12/22) at approximately 1000 hours, numerous reports came into local 911 centers of an aircraft down into the water of Lake Havasu. Mohave County Sheriff’s Office Division of Boating Safety Deputies and Members of the MCSO Dive Rescue and Recovery Team responded by boat to the area with members of the Lake Havasu City Fire Department on board.

Upon arrival to the area, it was determined that the aircraft, an ultralight style aircraft, had crashed on land near Pilot Rock, on the Arizona Side of the Lake. Deputies and Lake Havasu Fire Personnel hiked up to the crash site, and found the male pilot and a female passenger. The female was uninjured, and the male only suffered a minor ankle injury. A helicopter was requested to transport the injured male due to the extreme terrain.

The pilot of the aircraft advised that during his flight, his engine shut off, and would not restart. He then attempted to make an emergency landing, but during so, struck several rocks that caused the aircraft to roll onto its side. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are investigating this incident further.

mobldj

Reaction score
if you aint got wings god didnt intend you to fly.

Nordie

Reaction score
What's the old saying? "Taking off is optional, landing is not"

Sounds like all parties will live to see another day.

Taboma

Reaction score
Ultralight crash Havasu.JPG

Reaction score
Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.....;)

Looks like the hiking trail was not wide enough for his back tires.

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
We happened to be at Pilot Rock beach when they came to retrieve the wreckage...

31B6A9D5-3844-4ACC-A5AA-DB727B7D648E.jpeg

BA629596-9310-45C1-B22C-DD409A141F1A.jpeg

6378065C-E6BE-43C5-94EE-3E5B639A8BDA.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, me being kinda curious...If an ultralight is under 254lbs empty, single seat, fuel capacity 5gl or less and a max speed of 55...you don't need a license.

This sounds like a new and exciting way to both kill myself and piss off my wife:p

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
So, me being kinda curious...If an ultralight is under 254lbs empty, single seat, fuel capacity 5gl or less and a max speed of 55...you don't need a license.

This sounds like a new and exciting way to both kill myself and piss off my wife:p

Google far part 103 to see if it's still in effect.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Google far part 103 to see if it's still in effect.
Yep...and then me and my two boys were watching videos. My 13yo likes aviation. He had a chance to go down to Tucson and fly with some kids from his school. It was a group called Wright Flight. They get guys to volunteer their time, fuel and planes...the kids get to take the controls, and head towards a landmark, turns and altitude changes, reading the instruments and such. It was a really cool opportunity for him. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score

You have to have a pilot's license to fly him all the rules have changed you have to bees private pilot, experimental pilot, light sport pilot, Weight shift pilot We can only fly in the day time 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset As far as Gas capacity I carry 15 gallon fuel tank on mineAs far as speed I can do 85 MPH My cruising speed is 64 And I burn 3 gallons per hour

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Part 103 is still in full effect. The powered parachute and paraglider guys all run under Part 103.

With the advent of sport pilot regulations it is easier to be legal in a "heavy" ultralight airframe than before.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Do they have ultra lights for those of us that are gravitationally challenged?

after reading that I realize we are all gravitationally challenged OK my question was do they have ultra lights that can fly a big fat ass like myself?

Wheeler

Reaction score
Do they have ultra lights for those of us that are gravitationally challenged?

after reading that I realize we are all gravitationally challenged OK my question was do they have ultra lights that can fly a big fat ass like myself?

This might be your meal ticket. Skip to the 3min. mark.

Wheeler

Reaction score

Here is one of my first ultralights. This photo was taken at Weedpatch ca.
I also had a couple of 'em with four engines.

mail-1 - Edited (1).jpg

HCP3

Reaction score
Are these things considered outboard motors? There is a rumor floating around about outboards...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Good to see the pilot did not panic and brought his passenger back unharmed.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I always liked the parasailers. If shit gets real, you just float back down to Earth. Like flying a controlled crash.:)