WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plans for celebration of our great Independence Day of the USA?

WYRD

Reaction score
What's everyone doing? We were thinking about camping but every RV Park is at capacity so that leads me to believe lots of newbies out there with trailers. Currently boatless so the rivers out. Much too hot to take the off-road toys out. Don't want to sit home either and listen to all the loud parties around us and illegal fireworks going off like last year. What to do... What to do... What to do?

707dog

Reaction score
What's everyone doing? We were thinking about camping but every RV Park is at capacity so that leads me to believe lots of newbies out there with trailers. Currently boatless so the rivers out. Much too hot to take the off-road toys out. Don't want to sit home either and listen to all the loud parties around us and illegal fireworks going off like last year. What to do... What to do... What to do?
check mid week for any cancelations at the spots you like to camp at, I have scored a few times for last minutes trips

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Try Campbell Cove for RV spots

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
The boat will be comfortably in the garage...Wife and kid are flying home to TX, and Im going to be "drunk as a skunk eating lunch with a cross eyed bear" by the pool in Havasu. May join friends on their boats but I'm not doing amateur hour this weekend.

Springfield

Reaction score
Pool side at home, watching the LBR and Nautical webcams. 😁

Reactions: DWC

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Going to our family cabin in Arrowhead Highlands hang out with the parents. Go down to Lake Gregory for their 4th on the 3rd parade. Maybe do a little fishing. Drink some beers . They have fireworks at 9pm.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
We went last year to Newport Dunes for 5 nights. 4 night minimum, $250 a night. Not sure about this year but I’m sure it’s sold out. I’d do it again, very good time and a great resort! Can’t beat the beach weather!
I’m only a few miles away so I go for the day. Love the fireworks show

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I’m only a few miles away so I go for the day. Love the fireworks show
Ive been getting emails promoting Dunes event .... good to see they're having fireworks again! Few years ago they cancelled due to all the damage to boats in marina after 4th .... oopsy..... Things pretty much back to pre covid normal here it seems. I have daytime tradition of hanging on balcony watching beach goers fight for parking.... there is non really....they get fed up and park in red zones in cdm and then we wait and watch the tow truck fleet arrive yanking everybody.... followed by families arriving at end of day looking for missing cars. Its a neighborhood tradition. Hopefully one of our resident billionaires will have his annual fireworks barge again. Great show from the rooftop and hassle free day!

outboard_256

Reaction score
I have 3 different parties to go to that weekend. Saturday, sunday and monday.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Political climate has me in somewhat of a civil disobedient mindset. Driving up to Cheyenne WY to buy some of the outrageous stuff. Going to let fly and be that neighbor that others complain about. Screw it, it’s only 1 day a year.

DWC

Reaction score
We’ll be back up Thursday night. If the launch ramps are packed we’ll spend the weekend in the pool.. maybe jump in @Jumppack JB ’s toon.. ;) :cool:

cakemoto

Reaction score
My plan was to go up to my rv. Now the az forest is closed tell sept. 1.looks like I’m sitting home

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Headed to the Delta. Supposed to be well over a 100*. Hilton fireworks back on this year.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Not exactly sure yet. We will be in Havasu for sure. I have to see how much of my chores list I get done before I am allowed to go out and play. LOL

Cdog

Reaction score
We're kind of thinking more along the lines of the Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Phoenix

abnormally nice weather this year for the 4th. 100 degrees. Should be a real nice day.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Going to Havasu, no boat :( oh well sure we will find something to do, oh yeah have a drink with some of you all, :)

RodnJen

Reaction score
Home with family and dog. Lot's of cooking, swimming, bike parade etc.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Was going to go camping up in Happy Jack, but now the forest is closed due to fires. Now we are going to a bbq on Saturday, then hosting our own bbq/swim party on Sunday, then the wife and I are going boating on Monday.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Going to pick up some fireworks from the Time Bandit fireworks stand in Buckley WA and light them off with the rest of the free folks.

Singleton

Reaction score
Spending the long weekend at home around Carlsbad. Head to Havasu on the 7th for a week or longer

4Waters

Reaction score
We are just kicking back but someone my wife found on Facebook might be having puppies, fitting for the dogs name.

tempFileForShare_20210702-162300_55239101168405.jpg

MOUZER

Reaction score
Damn...that looks nice, sounds like a solid plan. What lake is that? Appears to be pretty large.

lake keowee south carolina........google it awsome lake......

wzuber

Reaction score
Intended to hence the Q...thx
Have a great independance holiday.
The Carolinas are on our list of places to visit for the same reasons your there, Florida too. We spent a week in Tennessee first of June looking into Knox & Nashville.
Beautiful area's.

MOUZER

Reaction score
born and raised in southern california lived there 61 yrs never ever thought about east coast lakes but after visiting tennesee gorgia sc OMG.....house on lake 350k gas was 179 gal now 249 gal cost of living is cheaper and so laid back life is slower back here....love it