WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plastic 30' CC? (DGS Monster)

jetur

Reaction score
I guess the big draw here is the hull is maintenance free and you can beat the hell out of it. I could see LEO going this route.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Where do I order that??
Could be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Lol. Cool concept, but their marketing needs some work.
Same thing I thought.

As for the concept, sounds good. I'd be curious to know how well the composite handles the UV in long term testing. The way UV makes most plastics brittle could be a downfall. The amount of UV a boat takes in open water is substantial.

jetur

Reaction score
Same thing I thought.

As for the concept, sounds good. I'd be curious to know how well the composite handles the UV in long term testing. The way UV makes most plastics brittle could be a downfall. The amount of UV a boat takes in open water is substantial.
I was interested in the plastic / uv issue too. You would think it would be light being plastic but they said 8000 lbs which isn't light for a 30' boat.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I was interested in the plastic / uv issue too. You would think it would be light being plastic but they said 8000 lbs which isn't light for a 30' boat.
I'd think they'd have to honeycomb the crap out of the interior structure to give it rigidity. Probably quite a bit more than a traditional glass and wood layup. If it didn't, the exterior would have to be pretty thick to give it the strength to hit waves at speed.

jetur

Reaction score
I'd think they'd have to honeycomb the crap out of the interior structure to give it rigidity. Probably quite a bit more than a traditional glass and wood layup. If it didn't, the exterior would have to be pretty thick to give it the strength to hit waves at speed.
Hopefully, they do a build video. I could use another good laugh.

bocco

Reaction score
That video was painful to watch. Couldn't have done a worse job.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
To make it UV resistant my guess it comes in any color you want as long as it is black. Could be a great industrial or work boat.

aj923

Reaction score
Interesting concept. Reminds me of the SeaDoo Spark. They are all plastic. My BIL has one and it seems to be holding up well.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
My big question is how does it keep from getting a warp in it somewhere. In the heat, it seems it would get somewhat soft, then when it cools with a twist, what then

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

spectras only

Reaction score
They should have called it Tupperware Monster, it would sell like hot cakes:D

$400K , no thanks.:eek: They claim 40 yrs cycle time. My boat is 29 yrs old, no warping of any kind in the hull. Good luck for them, but they need to scale down this 3D printed boat to make it cheaper and smaller for a trash around boat.:p

Last edited: