WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plastic utensils now a crime?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Each time I visit california for business I get more and more amazed. I hit up a McDonald’s drive thru for some breakfast and a coffee before my meeting and didn’t get anything in the bag but the food. Apparently napkins, straws and plastic forks are now a crime? Unless you specifically ask for the items you don’t get them anymore.

Not sure how to spin a pic so just tilt your head.

503C074F-180E-43F5-AE1F-BF9253148628.jpeg

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Funny, now that min wage in CA is $15/hr and restaurants can't afford to staff up...

Wahoo's... a place we used to go to regularly, which used to bring the food to your table with real utensils... now gives you a buzzer, with plastic utensils.

El Rojo

Reaction score
Each time I visit california for business I get more and more amazed. I hit up a McDonald’s drive thru for some breakfast and a coffee before my meeting and didn’t get anything in the bag but the food. Apparently napkins, straws and plastic forks are now a crime? Unless you specifically ask for the items you don’t get them anymore.

View attachment 1147135
Do you eat an egg McMuffin with a knife and fork?

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
This one lit my fuse too.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

View attachment 1147135
I just went thru a mexican drive thru. Got a knife, fork, spoon and a plastic straw. Without even asking...:eek:😂

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I live in Redondo Beach, we can't buy plastic utensils or straws for party's. We either have to go to the next city over or stock pile them away when we are shopping outside of RB.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I stopped at a McDonald's for a drink with my own insulated cup they would not use had to use a throwaway cup, It wasn't enough to fill mine and they could not use that one again had too get another. So used and threw away 2 cups to fill mine up. Good thing I still had my own straw.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I st
Funny, now that min wage in CA is $15/hr and restaurants can't afford to staff up...

Wahoo's... a place we used to go to regularly, which used to bring the food to your table with real utensils... now gives you a buzzer, with plastic utensils.
I still go there quite a bit but that started back with the VID and they just never went back yet, I couldn't stand the to go boxes when eating there.

spectra bash

Reaction score
Del taco in Whittier for lunch. Order was for there. They call my number it’s in a to go bag. I said it’s for here. She says we can’t use trays anymore. Oh you just love giving out bags I’m just going to throw away in a minute? No napkins or sauces out either. WTF!

dread Pirate

Reaction score
They started this crap before covid then backed off and gave everyone all the plastic they wanted. Now they're back to this shit,,, At least give out the bio degradable stuff so we can eat. Morons!!!

Just don't leave the bio spoon in your warm coffee.

W.O.T

Reaction score
I do go to Starbucks often and a handful of employees I can tell hate giving straws out. Fucken new age hippies

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
This is great. I can't wait to see what California does next 😅

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'm really starting to wonder if California can end up like Detroit when the left gets its wishes. We all know Detroit as a hell hole, but 50 years ago it was a thriving city, but a loss of industry turned it upside down. Newsom is pushing industry out quickly, but will the weather, ports, military, and entertainment be able to keep this state from going down?

Can you imagine what Newsom would do as President?

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score
CA insanity ! I am no tree huger but what about polystyrene? I get a soda in it with a paper straw! SMH

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
This is great. I can't wait to see what California does next 😅
No plates is next…..Just going to take your food order and throw it on the floor like slop. Customers eat it like pigs in a trough and be happier than ever. The politicians know best after all. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I'm really starting to wonder if California can end up like Detroit when the left gets its wishes. We all know Detroit as a hell hole, but 50 years ago it was a thriving city, but a loss of industry turned it upside down. Newsom is pushing industry out quickly, but will the weather, ports, military, and entertainment be able to keep this state from going down?

Interesting on the comparison of Chicago and where CA is going. Sad to see as CA was my favorite place to be/travel/visit with my family.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Canada is banning single use plastic by federal law. Already sick of paper straws and wood utensils. I'm now stocking up on straws and utensils at the dollar store in the states.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The poolside plastic utensils at Trump’s place in Vegas were pretty amazing. They sure didn’t look like plastic.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
He is contemplating a run for president I read somewhere

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Few months I went to a Carls when I was in CA for some work. I am waiting in line and there is a homeless camp next to the place. Dude walks out, drops his pants and sits on the curb of the drive through and drops a steamer and walks away. Kind of lost my appetite.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I do go to Starbucks often

They moved all the sugar, straws, napkins around here behind the counter. I figured it was money saving deal. They need that extra money being as they're helping employees who want to change sex.