WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plastic Water Tank- RV/Trailer

Meaney77

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any local companies who may manufacture fresh water tanks for RV's/Enclosed Trailers?

I have a 24' enclosed trailer and currently have an extra 100 gallons of fresh water in a tank inside of the trailer that I transfer when needed when we do longer trips. Space is getting tight with all of our kids dirt bikes, and gear, etc. so I wanted to get rid of the tank I have and add an extra ~70-100 gallon fresh water tank under the trailer. I have ~13.5 inches between each floor joist. I have looked around on line for something that may work but the tanks are expensive and even more expensive to ship.

With may trailer and RV manufactures in So Cal, their has to be some companies local but I havent had much luck looking online.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
On our TH we have 200 gal but it's several tanks with a common connection at their base.
Consider more than one tank.
40 gal feeds an 80 gal that feeds another 80 gal that supplies the pump.

Last edited:

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I am also looking for something to do the same. I would like to be able to pack an additional 100 gal for dry trips.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Ronco plastics in Santa Ana manufactures them I buy liners from them they do numerous things

Meaney77

Reaction score
Sounds strange but was also thinking about doing something like this- 1 of these in each side of the trailer would give me the extra water I am looking for and not take up a ton of space. I was also looking at getting a custom fuel tank made to mount on the tongue of the trailer( ~40-50 gallons) so not sure if that would be to much weight up front.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
KSH in Lake Havasu makes them custom for trailers, fuel and water.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Try this place, Inca Plastics in Adelanto Ca. incaplastics.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro View attachment 971159
Thank you, I called them this morning as well and they didn't have much supply of anything, I may need to try and call back and talk to someone else.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
I had Kevin down at Universal trailers install a water tank and fuel tank on my enclosed trailer came out perfect

Meaney77

Reaction score
Thanks, I am having the same problem as the OP. My TT only hold 40 gallons of fresh water and my wife thinks we are at home when camping.
We have this same argument, I am the one that complains that her and and my kids take to long showering and with my luck it will be me showering when we run out of water!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Thanks, I am having the same problem as the OP. My TT only hold 40 gallons of fresh water and my wife thinks we are at home when camping.
I have a buddy who’s wife is like that and refuses to camp if she has to take a Navy Shower, lol. Even with an 80 Gallon Fresh H2O Tank in his Toyhauler he would run dry. He ended up putting a 50 Gallon Tank in his truck bed and pumps it into his Fresh Tank with a portable 12V Pump. Happy Wife / Happy Life 😊

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I have a buddy who’s wife is like that and refuses to camp if she has to take a Navy Shower, lol. Even with an 80 Gallon Fresh H2O Tank in his Toyhauler he would run dry. He ended up putting a 50 Gallon Tank in his truck bed and pumps it into his Fresh Tank with a portable 12V Pump. Happy Wife / Happy Life 😊

Yeah last trip we brought 4 7 gallon jugs. But I didn't think about the pump thing. What a PITA!

Meaney77

Reaction score

My motorhome holds 110 and then I have an additional 100 in my trailer that I transfer when needed to. Honestly wife and kids all do pretty well conserving water but we are a family of 5 and it’s goes....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My toy hauler holds 100gal, in two 50 gallon tanks.

And the supports are Still bent all to hell! One 100gal tank would need some massive framework to hold it.

Amd let's not even talk about the slosh factor...

Icky

Reaction score
Milwaukee makes a cordless water transfer pump that makes this process less painful.

jailbird141

Reaction score
Try this place, Inca Plastics in Adelanto Ca. incaplastics.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inca Plastics made a lot of the fresh water tanks for toy haulers. My Weekend Warrior has two 60 gallon tanks and when I wanted to add a third I called them. They set me up with the exact same tank as the two on my trailer already. Just told him the year and make of my trailer and they knew exactly what tanks were in it. I talked to Bill Odell if that helps. It was $275 for my tanks.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I don't know what your truck or trailer is but when I use to hunt the back woods of Oregon I would line up the blue barrels across the front bed of the truck. I could get I believe 5 barrels across and then just had a transfer pump I built from a 12vdc bilge pump and a piece of hose. Worked like a champ for many years. I could also go down to the creek and transfer with the pump into the barrels.