WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plate gate

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Some of you might have seen the ADN headline I posted a couple days ago about the license plates in Anchorage?
A Karen called in and complained about 2 plates he saw while driving around Anchorage.
“3 Reich” and “Fuhrer”.
The DMV canceled both plates and it’s a big deal now on how they got approved.
So now, an assembly woman who sits on the State Human Rights commission was removed by the governor for stating on social media that these words were really just German words and such.
Anyway, the reason I post this is the statement from the Governor...the hypocrisy is so astounding it’s incredible.
No matter ones opinion on the matter, this statement is incredible.

“The comments made by Ms. Allard regarding the license plate controversy have become a distraction for the Human Rights Commission and its mission to ensure equality and fair treatment of all Alaskans,” Dunleavy spokesperson Jeff Turner wrote in an emailed statement, “Governor Dunleavy felt it was in the best interest of the board to remove her effective immediately.”

LOL!!!
Equality unless you disagree!
A “distraction” for the human rights commission??
I’m still laughing.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Funny, "fuhrer" used to mean "leader" as well as "guide"...Webster's has it as Hitler's title and such.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
No longer the last great frontier. 🙄

Oh it is, but lib per capital wise it’s way worse than even CA.
There’s less than 800,000 people statewide, in a State that overlays the entirety of the continental US. You can do the backwoods gig for sure. Alaska as a frontier is easily among the most humbling and majestic dirt on this earth.
People wise it’s gone liberal and just sucks now to me. I visit mom and my few surviving friends that still live there, but not very often.
It cracks me up when people think they can go to Alaska to escape justice somewhere.
Think about it.
The farther you go to the edge, the more noticeable you become to Troopers and village officers.
Trooper flies into a remote village on his monthly check in and says “what’s new?”
Village safety officer says “well, there’s some new white fool camping about 400 miles up river”.
Trooper checks it out and dude is felon from somewhere. Happens a lot.

Your far better off hiding in Los Angelos among 12,000,000 people!
Lol

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My step-daughter and son-in-law live outside of Wasilla. Beautiful country and surprised it is turning liberal.

Oh it is, but lib per capital wise it’s way worse than even CA.
There’s less than 800,000 people statewide, in a State that overlays the entirety of the continental US. You can do the backwoods gig for sure. Alaska as a frontier is easily among the most humbling and majestic dirt on this earth.
People wise it’s gone liberal and just sucks now to me. I visit mom and my few surviving friends that still live there, but not very often.
It cracks me up when people think they can go to Alaska to escape justice somewhere.
Think about it.
The farther you go to the edge, the more noticeable you become to Troopers and village officers.
Trooper flies into a remote village on his monthly check in and says “what’s new?”
Village safety officer says “well, there’s some new white fool camping about 400 miles up river”.
Trooper checks it out and dude is felon from somewhere. Happens a lot.

Your far better off hiding in Los Angelos among 12,000,000 people!
Lol

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Some of you might have seen the ADN headline I posted a couple days ago about the license plates in Anchorage?
A Karen called in and complained about 2 plates he saw while driving around Anchorage.
“3 Reich” and “Fuhrer”.
The DMV canceled both plates and it’s a big deal now on how they got approved.
So now, an assembly woman who sits on the State Human Rights commission was removed by the governor for stating on social media that these words were really just German words and such.
Anyway, the reason I post this is the statement from the Governor...the hypocrisy is so astounding it’s incredible.
No matter ones opinion on the matter, this statement is incredible.

“The comments made by Ms. Allard regarding the license plate controversy have become a distraction for the Human Rights Commission and its mission to ensure equality and fair treatment of all Alaskans,” Dunleavy spokesperson Jeff Turner wrote in an emailed statement, “Governor Dunleavy felt it was in the best interest of the board to remove her effective immediately.”

LOL!!!
Equality unless you disagree!
A “distraction” for the human rights commission??
I’m still laughing.

didn't the SCOTUS say all those plates were legal on 1st ammendment grounds. something about government can't censor free speach.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Is that the same as the China Virus? Asking for a friend. 😁

336AEAE5-AEAB-404A-B4A5-A86372E17D04.gif