WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ak49er

Reaction score
Gents, I have the above with freeze damaged exhaust manifolds. I need to replace both, and if I'm going that deep, I want to change Spark Plugs as well. This motor appears to have been assembled into an aluminum frame/box, and then welded into the middle Pontoon of this boat. There is only about 2 inches on each side. I was wondering if anyone had any experience on doing the above jobs in the confines of this bilge. I want to guess and say yes, because if one had to ever replace spark plugs, they would have to remove the the exhaust manifolds to do so. Playcraft is not offering any advice here, not even saying if its possible or not, they recommend I call a Mercruiser Service Shop.
KIMG0569[1].JPG
KIMG0574[1].JPG
KIMG0570[1].JPG

outboardrick

Reaction score
I've had my plugs replaced and I don't think they removed the manifolds, Prestige Marine in Havasu did the work. You might also try Shimmer Marine in Havasu, they were a Playcraft dealer and still do a lot of work on them.

Jkittre777

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with getting to the plugs. Crazy. We’re you able to change yourself? How did u do it?