WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Please keep your dog on a leash.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
Just read about little kid attacked yesterday on the beach by London bridge. Dog was described as a large mastiff or Rottweiler.The female owner of the dog fled the scene but was tracked down due to witness descriptions of her car. The poor kid was flown to Phoenix children's hospital where he was given TWO hUNDRED stitches in his face. Now I love and have dogs but I'm pretty fucking sick of people who let their dogs run loose thinking it's so great. I have personally had to fend off a pit bull and a couple other dogs while walking my dogs. If you take your pooch out to the lake please keep him or her Under control.

WildWilly

Reaction score
we frequent the Channel dog park and occasionaly will walk the channel. I have come across some unleashed dogs but without issue. I did read an account from a witness to this incident that said up to the attack, the dog exhibited no aggressive behaviors and was just wandering around, sniffing people and things, behaving normally other than apparently trying to lift its leg to pee on someones stuff. But they didn't think it showed any signs to be concerned. My thought from my experience...the dog ran up to the kid to sniff, the kid probably freaked a bit, which freaked the dog out and we have the situation that occured. All in all this 100% falls on the owner not the dog, and further proved by the fact that the owner tried to take off and get away....I think we can agree they are not the most responsible of people. Sad deal all around, definitely for the kid and his family, and I feel a little bad for the dog because of shitty choices made by his owner.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Euthanize the owner for being negligent.

We had a pit bull running loose in our park on the regular. I confronted the owner after it got aggressive with my neighbors daughter. He said no way it was his dog and of course was running free the next day. I mentioned calling animal control or shooting it and he finally quit letting it run free.

Last trip a pitbull killed another dog at Emerald cove. They said to expect the leash laws to be enforced now. Sad it takes something like that for owner to be responsible.

Ham Radio

Reaction score
Just read about little kid attacked yesterday on the beach by London bridge. If you take your pooch out to the lake please keep him or her Under control.
The owner of the offending dog was reported as a woman from Colorado. The case is under investigation and referral to Mohave County for possible charges.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
This is f-Ing bullshit, i see it all the time, and the damn things come at my and dog on leash, I don’t care if you think it friendly.

ALAN F

Reaction score
Where is ALAN?

If all these tourist assholes just stayed home, tragedies like this would not have happened.

I can't for the life of me understand people coming to relax and go boating and have to bring a fucking dog on a boat, unfair to the animal in the heat and a complete constant distraction for the owners and everyone around it, same fuckers that travel in groups for acceptance,lol
I don't know about anyone else on here but a beach w no one on it ,nice boat ,some drinks,and a beautiful woman, seems like a no brainer, no need for anything else.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Looks like Animal control is now making it part of a regular patrol after the incident. I've seen them a couple times driving through and talking a walk around the park

bentprops

Reaction score
Sad situation for sure, but just like you shouldn't punish the millions of people that own guns responsibly for 1 dumb ass, don't punish the millions of responsible dog owners. WTF is with people today everyone wants tell everyone else how to live their life. I hate to say it but if you stick your face in a dogs face count yourself lucky if you don't get bit. Seems its the first thing kids want to do. I don't care how nice a dog is they don't handle that well.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me understand people coming to relax and go boating and have to bring a fucking dog on a boat, unfair to the animal in the heat and a complete constant distraction for the owners and everyone around it, same fuckers that travel in groups for acceptance,lol
I don't know about anyone else on here but a beach w no one on it ,nice boat ,some drinks,and a beautiful woman, seems like a no brainer, no need for anything else.
Might be the first thing i agree with you :D Love my dog, hell really liked every dog I’ve had. No reason they need to come on the boat. He’s just as happy sitting at home.

jeremywalsh

Reaction score
I also looking for recommendation about how to use leather dog leash...Mod Edit: Sorry everyone but this guy turned out to be a forum spammer editing in spam type links after each posting was read a few times. :mad: He's no longer a member here.....Carry on.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Justfishing

Reaction score
I doubt it was the first time the dog showed agressive behavior. 200 stiches sounds like a mauling and not a simple dog bite.

Also if the dog is not use to little kids then dont let the dog around kids. First thing i do is take the dogsfood away when eating. Then I will stick my hand in his bowl as he eats. Teaches them not to be startled by something happening with their food or an unexpected hand in their face. Good early training.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Didn't hear about this at the time...hope the kid healed up well.

I cannot fathom leaving the seen with an injured child. I'm an asshole, but not that low. Even in my worse days, kids are not who you bail on. My own dog would have been tied off to a tree, and then doing anything possible to help the kid. Wait for the cops, have them take the dog and me in cuffs if that's what's required, but not ever leave a wounded kid.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I doubt it was the first time the dog showed agressive behavior. 200 stiches sounds like a mauling and not a simple dog bite.

Also if the dog is not use to little kids then dont let the dog around kids. First thing i do is take the dogsfood away when eating. Then I will stick my hand in his bowl as he eats. Teaches them not to be startled by something happening with their food or an unexpected hand in their face. Good early training.
Gotta agree. This was no nip or single bite. This was a dog with aggressive behavior in its DNA that went nuts. Sorry, dogs gotta go. Obviously the owner is piece of shit. So you can't give the dog to a new owner with this record and risk. Harsh, but..

Reactions: DWC

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
My upscale neighborhood is full of asshats with unruly dogs. To the point where it makes me uncomfortable to walk my totally tame yet playful standard poodle. I carry my glock just to be safe. I don’t give a fuck. If you can’t control your dog it’s getting euthanized.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Might be the first thing i agree with you :D Love my dog, hell really liked every dog I’ve had. No reason they need to come on the boat. He’s just as happy sitting at home.

Damn, you two must have had some lame ass dogs.

My dog absolutely hates being left at home. She chases crashing waves at the sandbar, swims in circles for hours, dives for rocks, chases duck, plays fetch with kids who want to toss her toy, and never wants to leave. She’ll die before she stops having fun at the lake. She literally sits up her in bed when we cross the river on the 40.

But she’s a German Shorthair Pointer, so that’s probably the reason for her behavior.

But I also watch her like a hawk and she’s always submissive. She’s never nipped anyone in 8 years.

I still can’t believe this lady ran afterwards. It makes you really think this dog has done it before.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

My dog absolutely hates being left at home. She chases crashing waves at the sandbar, swims in circles for hours, dives for rocks, chases duck, plays fetch with kids who want to toss her toy, and never wants to leave. She’ll die before she stops having fun at the lake. She literally sits up her in bed when we cross the river on the 40.

But she’s a German Shorthair Pointer, so that’s probably the reason for her behavior.

But I also watch her like a hawk and she’s always submissive. She’s never nipped anyone in 8 years.

I still can’t believe this lady ran afterwards. It makes you really think this dog has done it before.

And in Mohave County as well as San Bernardino county...

THERE IS A LEASH LAW.

Dan'l

DWC

Reaction score

Nope, great dog. Jack Russell that’s 17years old now. Best and smartest dog I’ve ever had. Took him to the river when he was much younger and he didn’t sit down for a second. Non-stop checking out other people and their stuff. Made the decision that he wasn’t a river dog. He’s just as happy hanging at home.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
, the dog exhibited no aggressive behaviors and was just wandering around, sniffing people and things, behaving normally other than apparently trying to lift its leg to pee on someones stuff. But they didn't think it showed any signs to be concerned.

What you said right there IS a big reason to be concerned about a protective breed being off leash in a unfamiliar area.

Stupid owner and I hope the kid recovers and gets reparations from this idiot.

PaPaG

Reaction score
WE love our dogs they are more like our kids than our dogs. WE spoil them, we treat them, we take care of them from day one til the last day of their lives. We have never taken our dogs on our boats especially if we are going to be hanging around others and beaching, we do not let our dogs ruin other folks personal space unless they ask us to bring them to visit and when we do we are in constant control of their actions and movement and make them stay by us on our laps or in our friends laps (small friendly dogs), the only time they are off leash is on our property and once in a while on OUR beach and stay on OUR beach with us hovering like helicopter moms and dads even though we only have 3 neighbors that all have friendly dogs....I have to say I HATE PEOPLE THAT LET THEIR DOGS RUN LOSE THINKING EVERYONE ELSE WANTS THEIR DOGS AROUND THEM OFF LEASH in public areas.

Feelin Nauti

Reaction score
looks like this is the news story on it...quite the different story

Naturallykaotic May 8, 2020 9:26pm

This article is so wrong! The parents did not meet up with the dog owner, they had no idea who she was!! She happened to be throwing the ball for her unleashed dog next to them for a period of time and the baby did try to play with the ball. Out of nowhere the dog mauled his face.Then, what This article does not tell you is, this Evil women tried to take off in her van with her dog and was chased down by two good Samaritans and then pulled over by the police. They need to put that dog down before he kills someone’s baby next.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Sad deal........................ I go to a park here everyday that has a large fenced in area for off leash. Its probably 20 acres of area for dogs to play together or walk around the path that circles the perimeter with their owners. They have another fenced off 3 or 4 acre area for small dogs. Nobody uses the small dog area, I take Bella my pup there. I don't want her to meet other dogs off leash, want controlled. So she has good social experiences with other dogs and people. My pet peeve is walking back to the truck, the number of off leash dogs in the rest of the park that is leashed required.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
And in Mohave County as well as San Bernardino county...

THERE IS A LEASH LAW.

Dan'l

Yes, I know that. And while 90% of other owners are holding their dogs back from trying to greet and/or attack mine... mine looks at me wonder why the other dog is freaking out. She gets in trouble for reacting in even the slightest negative way towards another dog, even if the other dog started it. I actually believe more kids should be on leashes before my dog is. Maybe I trained her well or maybe I'm just lucky.

I bet you money that the mastiff mix that attacked the kid could drag the female owner where ever it wants. Leash laws for dogs over 60 lbs is like using cardboard to barricade a door. They're also for the lowest common denominator who thinks that "precious fluffy" would never bite someone... again, a fourth time. This is what I use for walks, hunting, and at the river. I rarely have to use it. She is actually excited about it because it means one of the three activities that I mentioned. But I wouldn't expect people who haven't owned or know about bird dogs to fully understand the e-collar.

sd-425x_combo_rx_and_tx_web.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My wife got run over by a dog at that park, fell on her hip/back, hit her head and elbow. She's had recurring issues since then. Owner of dog(during the commotion) looked at my wife on the ground and comments "ah, you're fine" and disappeared. Most definitely not a local.
To @ALAN F 's point. We left our pup behind much of the summer although she's usually happiest being with us. She is generally fine out on the lake but we try not to have her along when meeting up with others, usually when we roll out solo.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Leash Laws, require your dog to be on a leash AND under your control. Those BS extenda-leash reels don't fit that criteria. Also the person tending the dog must have the size, strength and ability to control the dog.

Every dog we've ever had has been large and over 100 lbs and always on a leash and under our control.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Yes, I know that. And while 90% of other owners are holding their dogs back from trying to greet and/or attack mine... mine looks at me wonder why the other dog is freaking out. She gets in trouble for reacting in even the slightest negative way towards another dog, even if the other dog started it. I actually believe more kids should be on leashes before my dog is. Maybe I trained her well or maybe I'm just lucky.

I bet you money that the mastiff mix that attacked the kid could drag the female owner where ever it wants. Leash laws for dogs over 60 lbs is like using cardboard to barricade a door. They're also for the lowest common denominator who thinks that "precious fluffy" would never bite someone... again, a fourth time. This is what I use for walks, hunting, and at the river. I rarely have to use it. She is actually excited about it because it means one of the three activities that I mentioned. But I wouldn't expect people who haven't owned or know about bird dogs to fully understand the e-collar.

View attachment 951089

I have the Garmin 550 Pro e-collar on my pointer. She runs with me, mountain bikes with me and hunts with me. She’s an awesome dog because she was properly trained on the e-collar which has a mile long reach.

At the end of the day there are no such things as stupid dogs only stupid owners and they should be punished for their stupidity.

Last edited:

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Leash Laws, require your dog to be on a leash AND under your control. Those BS extenda-leash reels don't fit that criteria. Also the person tending the dog must have the size, strength and ability to control the dog.

Every dog we've ever had has been large and over 100 lbs and always on a leash and under our control.

I would venture to say every 100+ lbs dog can be under control one second and out of control the next, if the leash holder is under 150 and the dog decides it wants to do something it's not supposed to. Dogs that size are only in control by solid training or a big dude holding the leash.

The question becomes, is it negligent for someone too small to be holding a leash of dog, where that person could not handle the dog from a straight strength aspect?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

View attachment 951089

I had an under 60 lb dog. (57 lbs)
And on a 6 ft chain style leash.
With other dogs not on a leash, I'd ask 'do really want me to let him loose?' And no, he wasn't an aggressive dog.
And it's the law... so there's that little inconvenience, apparently it doesn't apply to you. It applies to me though.

Dan'l

endobear

Reaction score
My runt rotties are well behaved on and off leash but I won't allow my kids to walk them without me. Wife only takes one at a time when im not there. As good as they are, if some other dog got aggressive with my kids, wife or them I know they couldn't handle them.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I would venture to say every 100+ lbs dog can be under control one second and out of control the next, if the leash holder is under 150 and the dog decides it wants to do something it's not supposed to. Dogs that size are only in control by solid training or a big dude holding the leash.

The question becomes, is it negligent for someone too small to be holding a leash of dog, where that person could not handle the dog from a straight strength aspect?
In most cases the answer to your question would be yes.

Although under your 150 weight requirement, my wife was the one involved in the solid training of our dogs. Each dog had solid training. We had our dogs for a combined 33 yrs+, without even one incident. It’s not rocket science. Dogs are animals. An understanding of that along with proper training, control and common sense and responsibility worked quite well for us.

The only bite any of our dogs were ever involved in was when a dumb shit neighbor held their POS Little dog right over our large Newfoundland as our dog was laying down and he shoved that POS into our dog’s face. That POS little dog reached out, while still in its owners hands, snapped and bit our dog right in the face. Our poor Newf yelped and looked at me with a WTF expression. She stood up and walked over to me. That asshole neighbor then said, “Gosh, I didn’t think that would happen”, and left. Dogs do animal things because they’re animals. Some people tend to do really dumb shit things because they ARE dumb shits.

Last edited: