WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Please send prayers and positve thoughts for Dave and Stacy

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
... I wonder if it might be the same cold/virus that the other two kids have but in the case of the youngest it manifested itself in a more pronounced physical way???...

That's what I have been thinking the whole time, but all the docs say probably not.

The resident neurologist just came in though and said when you get a virus the heart pumps harder. When the heart pumps the harder the brain is full f blood and it can cause this.

He's going to let the pediatrician team decide but he seemed pretty confident everything is fine and this will resolve itself on its own.

They are talking about seeing what grows in the spinal tap fluid over 48 hrs which to finish that test would be another 24 hours from now, putting us at another night in the hospital.

Personally I would like to go home, but I bustled Stacy and the Baby out of the hospital early when she gave birth.. Lol. So I'm letting her decide what she wants to do.
RD

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Oh Man, how scary. I hope its just one of those odd things and sorts itself on the quick.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Fingers crossed Dave.
It's a scary thing when your kids are on the table.
I was only 21 when I watched my oldest (2 yo at the time) flatline and the paddles came out. After that, bumps and bruises were nothing. She's fine now, and has given us 2 grandsons!

Hope it resolves soon and you can breathe again. :thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Fingers crossed Dave.
It's a scary thing when your kids are on the table.
I was only 21 when I watched my oldest (2 yo at the time) flatline and the paddles came out. After that, bumps and bruises were nothing. She's fine now, and has given us 2 grandsons!

Hope it resolves soon and you can breathe again. :thumbup:

Jesus..

While it has been pretty stressful, overall I have always felt this thing wasn't going to be a huge deal. It's the little things that get me though. The brain can't help but wander when you add driving for 3 hrs behind the ambulance.

Late last night after we got admitted to the hospital the nurses came in and they were head to toe dressed. I thought maybe she tested positive for Ebola or something when they first came in. Lol. Turns out they do this for each patient and change clothes each time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423352932.958959.jpg

There's a 100 little things that make your heart sink real quick..

Now that we met with the Neurologist I think we are fine, and now it's just a waiting game to see when we can roll. Have to wait to see what the floor team says though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well apparently we won't be leaving anytime soon. Normal docs said even though it's not a neuro problem this is still weird, and they don't want us going anywhere until the 48 he tests get done and depending on those will determine when and if we get released.

They are very concerned about infection and some other things.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
That sucks, but it sounds like they're taking precautions, so you're in good hands.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Well apparently we won't be leaving anytime soon. Normal docs said even though it's not a neuro problem this is still weird, and they don't want us going anywhere until the 48 he tests get done and depending on those will determine when and if we get released.

Trust the doctors Dave. I know you're probably like me and can't stand hospitals but they do know best. I have a good feeling about this. I think your little princess is gonna be just fine. Just gonna take a little time. Been thinking about you guys the last 2 days and I'll continue sending along some positive thoughts.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Trust the doctors Dave. I know you're probably like me and can't stand hospitals but they do know best. I have a good feeling about this. I think your little princess is gonna be just fine. Just gonna take a little time. Been thinking about you guys the last 2 days and I'll continue sending along some positive thoughts.

This.

The fact that they aren't releasing Her is a good thing in the big picture.
If, God forbid, there is something that needs attention you don't want another surprise halfway home.

Prayers in place.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Just saw this and our hearts and best wishes go out to your family.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

make 200 % sure before you leave...

jetskib

Reaction score
Nothing much more rattling than having a child in the hospital and not getting answers. Hoping all turns out good

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just checking in...

Baby sleeping. Stacy sleeping.. I'm watching home improvement shows and talking myself into selling some shit and building new houses and flipping existing houses like a boss.. Lol.

Seriously, we are pretty much just on stand by waiting for the results of those cultures. We won't get them until sometime tomorrow.

DrHW

Reaction score
Years ago my Wife and I were on Vacation in Maui we received a call from my Mother-In-Law informing us that our Son was diagnosed with Meningococcal Meningitis. The Emergency Room Doctor had evaluated the symptoms that were flu-like and had given him an IV when he came in earlier in the evening and sent him home. The second trip to the ER included fluctuations with his vital signs. On a whim he removed his socks and found red dots which indicated his illness. We were told that they would know within 24 hours if he would respond to the antibiotics. He would either begin to recover or pass away. It took almost 24 hours to get from Maui to Honolulu and then to the Southcoast Doctors Hospital in Laguna Beach. My Son responded to treatment, thank the Lord. It was absolutely the worst day of my life during that 24 hour period. You guys are right where you are supposed to be with the best Medical Care in the world.

I have faith that everything will be ok and we will continue to pray for your Family.

Take Care.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I couldn't even imagine being in that position DrHW. This was pretty intense a few times, but nothing like that.

I think we are pretty much past any chances of anything bad anymore. In the beginning of this thread I said it could be nothing or it could be serious.. Most if not all of the tests have come back negative and the serious potential problems are off the table. They are just still pretty unsure as to what caused this swelling as it is a very weird and rare thing.

To look at her right now (which has changed from even earlier today)she looks really good. The swelling has gone down considerably and her eyes are pretty clear. With babies as I'm sure you know they look perfect one hour and then really sick an hour later and back and forth. I think whatever this is she is getting past it at this point.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I'm still praying for you!:thumbup:

DrHW

Reaction score
That is great news Dave. :)

My Wife was pretty much like you are under the circumstances that we had. Calm and composed for the most part. I was a wreck and had some "moisture" in my eyes pretty much all of the way Home. With kids it probably won't be the last scare that you will have and it seems that 99% of the time it turns out that everything will be ok. These "tests" build character I guess. You Wife is due for a vacation real soon.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is great news Dave. :)

My Wife was pretty much like you are under the circumstances that we had. Calm and composed for the most part. I was a wreck and had some "moisture" in my eyes pretty much all of the way Home. With kids it probably won't be the last scare that you will have and it seems that 99% of the time it turns out that everything will be ok. These "tests" build character I guess. You Wife is due for a vacation real soon.

I'm gonna solve some work problems when I get home, and you are right.. We need a vacation before the season starts. This winter has sucked balls for us.

Ironically enough Friday was gonna be our big night out starting at Shugrues and landing wherever the night takes us.. Lol

Now I'm thinking instead of a night out we are gonna take off for a weekend somewhere.

In a couple weeks that 43 Schiada comes back from the Miami show. Lee and I were going to do a Catalina run in it for a day or two. From what I understand now Stan wants to do some aerial photography and it would be a quick trip.

I'm thinking we might drop the kids off at Stscy's mom and take a one way trip to Catalina for the weekend or something.. Or hit Mexico after the boat ride, I dunno. I need to take her somewhere away from dirty diapers, for a day or two though that much is evident.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
I'm gonna solve some work problems when I get home, and you are right.. We need a vacation before the season starts. This winter has sucked balls for us.

Ironically enough Friday was gonna be our big night out starting at Shugrues and landing wherever the night takes us.. Lol

Now I'm thinking instead of a night out we are gonna take off for a weekend somewhere.

In a couple weeks that 43 Schiada comes back from the Miami show. Lee and I were going to do a Catalina run in it for a day or two. From what I understand now Stan wants to do some aerial photography and it would be a quick trip.

I'm thinking we might drop the kids off at Stscy's mom and take a one way trip to Catalina for the weekend or something.. Or hit Mexico after the boat ride, I dunno. I need to take her somewhere away from dirty diapers, for a day or two though that much is evident.

Happy wife happy life man. From the sounds of things a decompress could be good for the two of ya.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
glad things are on the up swing buddy:thumbup:, c'ya when you get home

2Driver

Reaction score
Man, just saw all this. Hope everything is ok and if you need anything in Phx just call.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I know how you feel about wanting to leave, Justin (our youngest) spent 22 days in the UCD Neonatal ICU down in Sac. He was 5 days old before Cindy even got to hold him.
This will pass, Dave. She will be fine, and years from now you can share these pics with her and tell her how much you love her, how her mother cried for her, and how her siblings worried for her.
And it will bring all of you closer.
Hang in there my friend.
and your are right...your wife deserves some time to decompress after this.
So do you.

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
Jesus..

While it has been pretty stressful, overall I have always felt this thing wasn't going to be a huge deal. It's the little things that get me though. The brain can't help but wander when you add driving for 3 hrs behind the ambulance.

Late last night after we got admitted to the hospital the nurses came in and they were head to toe dressed. I thought maybe she tested positive for Ebola or something when they first came in. Lol. Turns out they do this for each patient and change clothes each time.

View attachment 389587

There's a 100 little things that make your heart sink real quick..

Now that we met with the Neurologist I think we are fine, and now it's just a waiting game to see when we can roll. Have to wait to see what the floor team says though.

I feel from here how incredibly attentive and caring those nurses are from that pic.Been waiting apprehensively for "I think we are fine." Even with all these health issues? That is a stunningly beautiful baby.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Excellent news. :tbi

Neurologist just came on again and her soft spot is pretty much back to normal. Hopefully being released early afternoon. We are ready to get out of this place. Nothing but great things to say about the hospital and staff though!

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Neurologist just came on again and her soft spot is pretty much back to normal. Hopefully being released early afternoon. We are ready to get out of this place. Nothing but great things to say about the hospital and staff though!

that's great news:thumbup::thumbup:

Sandlord

Reaction score

best post I've read all week.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Doc just came in and said we would be discharged in a few hours. I'm going to get us some food and then start loading the trick and preparing for the drive home. :)

Stacy went for a coffee this am with another mom from LHC. Her 2 month old also has the corona virus. Her baby is having seizures.. I'm not sure if it's related to the virus or not.

It's all over Havasu right now.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Doc just came in and said we would be discharged in a few hours. I'm going to get us some food and then start loading the trick and preparing for the drive home. :)

Good to read RD :thumbup:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score

That's great news man!

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
If Summer is going to be discharged, I assume everything is good. Delighted to hear the news. :cool :thumbup:

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score

Great news. :thumbsup

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
Outstanding news. Now you can relax a little bit.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Awesome news, drive home safely.
Not exactly the weekend get a way you talked about but the end result is looking good.:thumbup:

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Great news Johnson's. RD, I hope there's a cold beer in your fridge for you and what ever Stacy enjoys when you guys arrive home to destress. [emoji4]

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Glad to hear things are working out! Give Stacy and baby a hug from us....:)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Glad to read the good news and that everything is going in the right direction. [emoji106]
Have a safe trip home.