WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plumber needed in the I.E

Maestro

Reaction score
Water leak on main line just below the shut off at the house. Dug a two foot hole and found the leak. This is where I'll let a plumber jump in. Any referral would be appreciated...

Albert

Reaction score
‭+1 (951) 732-4287‬ Greg

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Don't be scared.

Where is the leak? Is the pipe ruptured, cracked, leaking at the joint?

Copper pipe?

Galvanized?

PVC?

Water leak on main line just below the shut off at the house. Dug a two foot hole and found the leak. This is where I'll let a plumber jump in. Any referral would be appreciated...

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Should be a quick trip to home depot ..depending on what you're dealing with

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
Get a piece of rubber hose and a hose clamp. Clamp it on it for a temporary fix. Calling a plumber today will be $$$. Enjoy the 4th and deal with it later.

Springfield

Reaction score
I’ve been known to lay a little pipe but don’t do clean outs. :D

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Don't be scared.
Where is the leak? Is the pipe ruptured, cracked, leaking at the joint?
Copper pipe?
Galvanized?
PVC?

Should be a quick trip to home depot ..depending on what you're dealing with

As noted above, you can do it and Home Depot can help :D Shut the water off at the street and fix it :)

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Just call a plumber tomorrow...super high dollar today. Just key it off and on when needed. Or do a rubber piece and a hose clamp if you need it on real bad. Obviously that rubber temp fix is only on a pinhoke.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
02BD2DBF-D628-45C4-AAD4-51FA83E5B4F1.png

As seen on TV!!
They made a boat out of this shit!

Maestro

Reaction score
Found a pin hole leak on the elbow of the main feeding the house. Done this type of work before. Time is my issue. Copper pipe. If price is unreasonable I'll do it myself on my day off.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
If it is just a pinhole, can you throw some solder on it for a temp fix?

Found a pin hole leak on the elbow of the main feeding the house. Done this type of work before. Time is my issue. Copper pipe. If price is unreasonable I'll do it myself on my day off.

lebel409

Reaction score
If it's rotten and leaking the solder won't stick no matter how much you flux...a patch may work temporarily, but with the time invested it'd be easier to replace.

I've been told that copper underground is not good with our alkali soil and water hardness...if the whole run is being replaced I'd look at PVC.

wzuber

Reaction score
If it's rotten and leaking the solder won't stick no matter how much you flux...a patch may work temporarily, but with the time invested it'd be easier to replace.

I've been told that copper underground is not good with our alkali soil and water hardness...if the whole run is being replaced I'd look at PVC.
copper underground should always be in a continuous pvc/plastic sleeve to prevent direct soil contact and shaded with 3-4" minimum of sand to help prevent migration of rocks to pipe potentially causing premature pipe failure (pvc shaded too)