WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plumping question (or plumbing)

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
I am doing a kitchen remodel and am putting new counter tops in. Do I have to have the dishwasher vent above the sink? Located in the Inland Empire for code regulations. I would sure love to just have the faucet hole for a cleaner look.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Is "Plumping" anything like "hogging"?... asking for a friend!

Do I have to have the dishwasher vent above the sink? ... no you do not, there are options to hiding it. I think, in general, the vent/return just connects to the garbage disposal and you are done with it.

Last edited:

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score

Do I have to have the dishwasher vent above the sink? ... no you do not, there are options to hiding it. I think, in general, the vent/return just connects to the garbage disposal and you are done with it.
See what happens when your tired of staring at your work computer all day!!!! LMFAO......I guess it depends on how many beers you've had 😁

SoCalDave

Reaction score

If not a code and you aren't getting it inspected just make a loop at least 32" from the floor then to the disposal connection.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
You can "high loop" the drain line from the dishwasher to your garbage disposal or better yet get a down pipe with a nipple on it to connect the drain hose tot bypassing the garbage disposal. Google it. Its easy.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Depends on the inspector. Technically needs a air gap. But I have not used 1 in a long time. Just loop it and straight to the disposal.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
If not a code and you aren't getting it inspected just make a loop at least 32" from the floor then to the disposal connection.

During a remodel... if the kitchen sink stack vent is available and you are tearing up the wall, can you tie the dishwasher vent into the stack vent at 32 off the floor to create the air gap? My guess is no.. without a gas trap

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I think that I needed the vent for final inspection. Once completed I pulled the section above counter, moved under the sink and installed a soap dispenser In the hole. 👍