WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pocket knife

squeezer

Reaction score
685664C6-7031-4CA0-81FF-A98AFF94BCF9.jpeg
I alternate between a William Henry and a carbon Bench Mark.

The WH is a beautifully made knife, just the action upon opening makes me smile. The full composite knife is very very light, hard to sharpen and doesn’t hold an edge worth a damm. If you need a knife to disappear this one comes close. The other EDC knife is in a Leatherman Skeletool. Not always in my pocket but always close by.

C-2

Reaction score
My go-to EDC is a Gerber Paraframe. Ugly knife but it is lightweight and thin, I sleep in my pants and the knife can be in my pocket without any discomfort. But, I would like the knife more if it has a Tanto blade option.

Next is the Kershaw with the Tanto blade. It's a little thicker and heavier than the Gerber.

For both knives I would like the diamond point/windshield breaker nub on them.

Tanto blades seem a lot safer and more practical than the smooth blade.

knives1.jpg
knives2.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Those are the Delica 4 . One has combo edge and one is full serrated . I also have a couple Enduras and they are nice too just a tad bigger . Also have a couple of Harpy's but , not an every day carry knife ...
According to Amazon Delica is made in Japan and endura USA?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I carry two but 90% of the time its just my little tiny Case. Its about a 2.25 in blade. American made and does most stuff i need. My father gave it to me and it not only qorks well it means a lot to me.

I carry a Dozier DK-3 Utility Hunter if we are out further away from home but usually leave it in the truck. I don't think knives get much better than that.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I sleep fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So then you will not complain when gun rights get restricted?

It's very simple, giving money too those that want too remove my rights is not something I will do.

tkrrox

Reaction score
So then you will not complain when gun rights get restricted?

It's very simple, giving money too those that want too remove my rights is not something I will do.

So you live in Washington and are republican? So would you expect to never get work from a Democrat because of your views?

Cray Paper

Reaction score
i did a search but couldn’t really find what I was looking for. What’s everyones daily pocket knife? I find myself using mine almost daily. Be it around the yard or at work. I have a very simple buck knife I’ve been using. I didn’t break the bank because it’s the first time I’ve really carried a knife daily. Now I feel incomplete without it, and use it constantly. I think I’m ready to get something a little nicer. Still don’t want to break the bank. I want something nice, but remember for me it’s not just a show piece, it needs to be a worker. I like black. What do you guys got? Here’s my daily, but what I’m looking to replace. Great knife, just ready for something nicer. Oh! also I don’t want something big. This is plenty big. View attachment 734433 View attachment 734434 View attachment 734435

Great topic Vic! I'm just getting in to knives and so are my kids. My mentor has been bugging me to give him knives to sharpen and or ask for knife sheaths. He has bought a professional sharpening equipment, a leather sewing machine and has turned making holsters, knife sheaths and belts in to a hobby before retirement. Cant wait to see what everyone is posting!

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I found the Case knife my dad gave me back in 1975 buried in the wall of my parents house back in the mid 90's and still have it. I have received dozens of cool knives from work over the last 30 years and handed them off to my teenage sons the past couple of years. They fondle them and seem interested so I have bought a couple more for them since. Stepped up to ZT's recently and they know what they are and beamed when I gave them to them. They seem to know more about them than I do, witch from my point of view is a good thing.

My mom and dad gave my kids Kershaw knives for Christmas this past year, they also gave me and my brother the same and I have to say I really like the model I got and use the hell out of it.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
So you live in Washington and are republican? So would you expect to never get work from a Democrat because of your views?

No I live in or, and independent and if you tell me you are anti gun, I do not work for you.

I won't be in or much longer, the liberalism from the coast is traveling east fast...

Backlash

Reaction score
20190310_212226.jpg

I bought this new in 2006 and have carried it every day since. Wouldn't trade it for any other knife made.

calkid

Reaction score

Everyday use, no problems at all.
I carry this knike with a tanto blade for every day use, great pocket knife. I have always carried a knife daily and am pretty picky about what I carry. I believe it's Kershaw Blur Ken Onion model 1670TBLKST.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
FYI...

My son earned his money for his Eagle project sharpening knives. He's actually Really good, and not just cause he's my kid!

I can't sharpen for shit. He definitely did Not learn from me.

:p

https://thesharphouse.com

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
You guys suck, even though i have a bunch of different knives i don't have any really good ones, so of course i had to order a Spyderco paramilitary 2
should be at my office by the time i get home

707dog

Reaction score
kershaw cryo 2 it's a little big to be called a pocket knife but if ever needed im sure it will get the point across, it's been abused but has kept its sharpness and point. had a smaller old school pocket knife i think it was a remington sharp as a razor could pluck a splinter, cut what ever you put i front of it been MIA for years

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Kershaw Select Fire. Inexspensive, holds a good edge, and the screw driver bits work firm and excellent. Been carrying one for 5-6 years now.

1920.jpg

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
i did a search but couldn’t really find what I was looking for. What’s everyones daily pocket knife? I find myself using mine almost daily. Be it around the yard or at work. I have a very simple buck knife I’ve been using. I didn’t break the bank because it’s the first time I’ve really carried a knife daily. Now I feel incomplete without it, and use it constantly. I think I’m ready to get something a little nicer. Still don’t want to break the bank. I want something nice, but remember for me it’s not just a show piece, it needs to be a worker. I like black. What do you guys got? Here’s my daily, but what I’m looking to replace. Great knife, just ready for something nicer. Oh! also I don’t want something big. This is plenty big. View attachment 734433 View attachment 734434 View attachment 734435

I carry this...when I need a blade.

http://ontarioknife.com/folding-blades/joe-pardue-series/jpt-4s-tanto-bp.html

Quality, not too expensive and just the right shape.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I am partial to blades from smaller custom shops, I'd rather have a few really nice blades than a drawer full of the shitty gun show blades. The one that I carry is from a company called Combative Edge, this is their M1 model. N690Co steel takes a great edge and is quite durable, research that I have done says it's in the same ballpark as VG10. Also, despite being almost a 4" blade this knife is quite light due to the titanium and g10 frame. It was produced on license by fox knives in Italy at the time, Combative Edge has since moved manufacturing in house in the USA. Check them out if you get a chance.

20190311_080100.jpg

Last edited:

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I have ran a bunch of different knives over the years. I started carrying a blade somewhere near Freshman in HS. Small school and all the teachers knew many of us had knives. It is entertaining to remember back about the teachers stopping class and asking "Who has a knife on them?" because they wanted to borrow it for a minute. Times have changed.

I am currently carrying two SOG's. One of their multi-tools and a twitch II. I wore a Leatherman for years but after fully wearing out the primary hinge on it, got it warrantied. The one they replaced it with had build quality of a poor Chinese knock off. Lost that one and bought another. It had the same build issues. Went to a SOG, power assist and never looked back. I am the guy that works in a state building, with all the weapons warnings all over who walks in with a multi-tool on my hip and a blade in my pocket every day. I am commonly in slacks and occasionally a tie, still with them both on me. Just who I am at this point.

Check out SOG, decent blades at a reasonable price.

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
I've been carrying this model SOG for about 25 years. Called the Air SOG, it was originally sold as the largest knife that was legal on the airlines, but that all changed on 09.11.01. Fits a pocket perfect, lightweight, with no sharp corners. Discontinued now, but they pop up on Ebay. I use it every single day.

IMG_1162.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
3 years old maybe? List price was around 100.00

Got it at REI, for free.
20190311_122545.jpg

tkrrox

Reaction score
No I live in or, and independent and if you tell me you are anti gun, I do not work for you.

I won't be in or much longer, the liberalism from the coast is traveling east fast...

Haha I work for anyone who pays regardless of their beliefs and I buy products regardless of what the owner does in his spare time. Do you research every company you buy from? I would think you would not have very many options.

Last edited:

G. Faulk

Reaction score
View attachment 734494

If I use something EVERY day I am willing to spend a bit more. The Kershaw Shallot is my favorite. All about how you carry. I like front right deep pocket tip down.
IMO best pocket knife I've come across, especially for the price. FYI, all of my family and buddies that carry got this for XMAS. Tight, good steal, light, and gets the job done.

sintax

Reaction score
my daily carry, prob close to 4 years now, has been a Quartermaster Mr. Roper. This is the first generation, titanium scales, 3" blade made of S35VN steel, texas tea finish. Its been great.

I bought a new one thats carbon fiber, and a bit bigger, but its never made it out of the box....

IMG_5127.jpg
IMG_5128.jpg

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
image.jpg
Like RRR, I always have my little friend in my pocket and find it very stout. Th eSOG is ultra light and I love the assist opening

C-2

Reaction score
Threads like this rock. Some good stuff and new ideas...

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
So I ordered and endura 4 combo edge. Stainless gets here Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkrrox

Reaction score
IMO best pocket knife I've come across, especially for the price. FYI, all of my family and buddies that carry got this for XMAS. Tight, good steal, light, and gets the job done.

I’m not a fan of the recurve. One knife I have has it and it’s harder to sharpen. A straight blade I can use a Ken onion sharpener or my tormek and get a super nice edge. Recurve I have to use my sharp maker and it takes forever to fix an edge.

tkrrox

Reaction score
One thing I like the most about benchmade mini griptilian is the lock mechanism. You can easily open and close one handed. The other with the spring lock is a two hand operation.

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
i hope this is not a dumb question , what is the legal size you can carry in calif

John McGuinness

Reaction score
Shirogorov Neon ultra lite
Elmax runs on bearings

Attachments

• 4C4B1316-840B-4B57-BEE6-056110511241.jpeg
    4C4B1316-840B-4B57-BEE6-056110511241.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 162

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
i hope this is not a dumb question , what is the legal size you can carry in calif

According to the google:

Folding pocket knives are legal, no mention of blade length.

Fixed blades are legal when not concealed, illegal when concealed, and again no mention of blade length.

Switchblades and other spring-loaded knives are illegal in California if their blade is 2″ or longer. The statute excludes pocket knives that can be opened with one hand by pushing the blade open with one’s thumb, as long as the knife “has a detent or other mechanism that provides resistance that must be overcome in opening the blade, or that biases the blade back toward its closed position.”

Essentially, pocket knives are legal, and switchblades are legal if the blade is shorter than 2″.

Last edited: