WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pokemon GO!

JRS1939

Reaction score
Anybody else playing? Seems to be taking over the world right now...

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
One of my friends posted that he was driving by the park by our house last night at 11 and people had their damn phones out with flash lights, he said it looked like 50 people or so. I don't get it

Blubyu

Reaction score
The amount of "suspicious people" I've been contacting at night playing this game is unreal.

Ryphraph

Reaction score
My kid is 19 and he is out LATE with his friends playing every night.

Ryphraph

Reaction score
anyone over the age of 10 playing Pok?mon anything should be beating!

on a side note..... at least the kids are outside playing??

lol

Yeah, at least it is active and social. They go to malls, downtown areas, parks, and walking trails. More specifically, places where a lot of Asians hang out (in his words).

Ryph

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I'd bet the creator of this app is a registered sex offender/pedophile.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
My kids are playing it and it's great, they are 12 and 15, they are outside and active and not fighting. We went to Los Toros last night and they walked around the outside area until the table was ready with a few other kids.

And yes Mcrib, here is the guy who made the apps van.. image.jpg

Ryphraph

Reaction score
Good grief......Whatever happened to chasing pussy.:yikes:skull

Honestly, I think with all the tail these kids crush toady, they use this game as a break from it. It sure doesn't seem like they put in any effort like chasing it anymore.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Honestly, I think with all the tail these kids crush toady, they use this game as a break from it. It sure doesn't seem like they put in any effort like chasing it anymore.

I agree. the game has changed from what I can see. Far more of the real hotties love to and understand how to have sex. Whereas back in my day, hotties who didn't put out enthusiastically were strictly arm candy for public dates......2 baggers and heavy girls that gave fantastic head were restricted to driving around drinking, getting high, and nut draining sex.:skull

Jimmy

Reaction score
Just got it, I caught a Charmander laying in bed.
I could have got a Squirrel but it meant getting up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is it?

anyone over the age of 10 playing Pok?mon anything should be beatin!

on a side note..... at least the kids are outside playing??

lol

That's kind of what I thought? Isn't Pokemon for little kids?

That's IT! I'm going to create an app where you go hunting for imaginary girls and call it Pussymon GO!

I would seriously get behind that app, and crowd fund for it.. :D It's gonna be a winner!

RD

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Lol.......my boys grew up loving Pokemon. Believe it or not, my 17 and 22 yo went out late with my wife last night to play it. Gotta catch em all......lol. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Pokemon started out as like a trading card game where you could battle against the many different characters. Some are like animals, and some are just made up imaginary creatures. Then they created a cartoon about a kid who played the game catching these characters. The new app is based on you pretending your like a game playing collecting characters.

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
Lol.......my boys grew up loving Pokemon. Believe it or not, my 17 and 22 yo went out late with my wife last night to play it. Gotta catch em all......lol. :D

This is it right here. Generations grew up watching Pokemon cartoons and then playing a game on their Nintendo's. Now something comes out for a device we all have and it bridges the generation gap. Old guys are playing cause it's nostalgic, young people love the progression of one of their favorite games.

My daughter and I played for hours yesterday. We went into town, had lunch, hung out at the park. While there we visited the Veterans Memorial, City Hall, and took a walk down Grand Ave. It was a wonderful day spent with my kid.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
This new game has caused Nintendo shares to jump, increased the company's value by $9 billion

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
I get home from work today and ask how my 16 yo son's day was. He tells me he's going Pokemon hunting with friends later and he also tells me he heard from friends that Apple is pulling the pokemom go app as more deaths are being reported because of this game. I asked him to elaborate further and he says people are walking into oncoming traffic and that one guy walked off a bridge:yikes
I asked him to show how the game works and he shows me how it's done in fact, there were Pokemon in my hood so he walks outside to go catch the closest one and sure enough, his ass was face down, immersed in the phone screen that he almost walked into busy ass afternoon traffic. :smackhead
Now I see why people are getting hurt, or, dead.

He also tells me another reason Apple is pulling the app is employers are firing employees because too much time spent on Pokemon go. I told that his ass needs to go find a job now.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Is that factual?

Yup, according to today's WSJ:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pokemon-chasing-investors-send-nintendo-shares-soaring-1468228206
A new smartphone game that has fans chasing Pokemon characters through real-life city streets has turned into an unexpected craze and added $9 billion worth of market value to Nintendo Co. in just a few days.

Nintendo shares surged 25% in Tokyo trading Monday following rises Thursday and Friday, giving the company a market capitalization of nearly $28 billion.

Jimmy

Reaction score
I asked him to elaborate further and he says people are walking into oncoming traffic and that one guy walked off a bridge:yikes

Now I see why people are getting hurt, or dead

He also tells me another reason Apple is pulling the app is employers are firing employees because too much time spent on Pokemon go.
Darwin at work.
It's because no one goes outside anymore and lack common sense.
It's sad that u need a app to go outside these days... but I'm a lil excited to walk the dogs after lunch :)

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Wow......welp....if you're dumb enough to walk into traffic or off a bridge for Pokemon, taking it away will only delay the inevitable dumbass to do something stupid. If it ain't Pokemon, it will be something else. :rolleyes

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
A new spin on Geo-Caching is all it really is.
I don't care. Now, if you can turn those pokemon "points" into money then maybe....... :D:D
About an hour ago I hear the neighbor mom yelling..."There he is, go get him" to her young son. Doh:smackhead:smackhead

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
:champagne:

[video=youtube_https;jsiszLnzMhs]https://youtu.be/jsiszLnzMhs[/video]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

My kids downloaded it and went out last night. Found em at two churches in my neighbor hood!

My son was telling me how it works. The technology behind it is AMAZING!!!!

My only concern was how the prizes were being located. Public places are fine. But private places?? What if some a-hole plants one in your back yard!

My son said the placement is random. It sure as fuck better not be...

He also said it's in BETA. Seem there are lots of bugs to work out.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
I'm probably younger than most in this thread, and I don't even get how it works. Do you look through your phone and see stuff?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I'm probably younger than most in this thread, and I don't even get how it works. Do you look through your phone and see stuff?

Yeah, your camera. It shows the little dudes right in front of you, even though there is nothing there. When you move your camera, they stay in that spot! I think my son called it AR technology? Not really sure How it works, but it seems pretty crazy to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmented_reality

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
My kids downloaded it and went out last night. Found em at two churches in my neighbor hood!

My son was telling me how it works. The technology behind it is AMAZING!!!!

My only concern was how the prizes were being located. Public places are fine. But private places?? What if some a-hole plants one in your back yard!

My son said the placement is random. It sure as fuck better not be...

He also said it's in BETA. Seem there are lots of bugs to work out.

While it may seem like the placements are random its actual data from another game by the same company.

It's called Ingress. It was an offshoot of a google project that had people walk around photographing landmarks and points of interest. At first it was post office locations, city centers, etc. The point was to control these points of interest. The complexity of Ingress is 1000 fold over pokemon go. Now I'm getting off track.

User's generated the portal locations in ingress. A user would photo a place of interest, write up a description and submit it to the Ingress team. Once approved it would appear in game. Now, Pokemon Go is using these locations for the Gyms and Module placements.

Screen shot of the ingress intel map with portal locations near me. Most match up with Pokemon GO Modules.
Selection_016.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
:champagne:

[video=youtube_https;jsiszLnzMhs]https://youtu.be/jsiszLnzMhs[/video]

LOL......literally, that's all that you can do is laugh at this stuff.:rolleyes

Ryphraph

Reaction score

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
While it may seem like the placements are random its actual data from another game by the same company.

It's called Ingress. It was an offshoot of a google project that had people walk around photographing landmarks and points of interest. At first it was post office locations, city centers, etc. The point was to control these points of interest. The complexity of Ingress is 1000 fold over pokemon go. Now I'm getting off track.

User's generated the portal locations in ingress. A user would photo a place of interest, write up a description and submit it to the Ingress team. Once approved it would appear in game. Now, Pokemon Go is using these locations for the Gyms and Module placements.

Screen shot of the ingress intel map with portal locations near me. Most match up with Pokemon GO Modules.
View attachment 497312

Starting to make sense then. Thanks.

My son said something about Lures, that are user added. Do you know what the deal is on that??

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My daughter almost caught Pikachoo last night...but it ran away from her before she caught it....lol
Oh, ok:rolleyes:cool

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I'm out walking the dog this morning 6:30 AM and there are three random teenagers walking around looking at their phones trying to catch these lil pokemon fuckers. Its summer vacation these shits should be sleeping till noon or on the bus heading to t-street.

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
Starting to make sense then. Thanks.

My son said something about Lures, that are user added. Do you know what the deal is on that??

The lures are placed on modules and draw the pokemon to it for 30 minutes. All players can see the pokemon from the lure.
Incense is 30 minutes as well but only the player that used it can see the pokemon that are drawn to it.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I've noticed kids outside walking around where i've never seen them before.

I'm usually out back in my garage and people keep walking by staring at their phones.

This explains it.

Yeah, it is good to see more people out but they still don't look at you (or each other) and acknowledge anyone else's presence when walking by.

SuperJet

Reaction score
My only concern was how the prizes were being located. Public places are fine. But private places?? What if some a-hole plants one in your back yard! .

This is my concern. I really won't be happy to be woken up by some jack ass in my backyard "looking for Pokemon" chances he won't be real happy either when he realizes the very short amount of time he has to vacate the premises [emoji1361]