WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Polaris may introduce their new 1200CC SxS At Glamis this New Years

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I talked to my Polaris dealer yesterday and he mentioned He, Berts and another dealer will be manning a Polaris show & display at Glamis this New Years.
Supposed to be rolling out a new SxS,, but info is vague just what it is.
But, being it's Glamis, the tale goes it's the much rumoured long travel 1200 CC "Centurion."

Soon as I mentioned interest Two of his employees asked to buy my XP.
Good to know their is a good re-sale market for the performance SxS's.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Make sure you snap some pucs and do a write up.

I heard something about paddle shifters...not sure if thats accurate or if its still a cvt?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jesco

Reaction score
I heard this weekend its actually a 1140cc or something like that. Allegedly, once its at 1200cc some crazy laws kick in so they wont/cant go any bigger. I also heard 4 speed but nothing about paddle shifter. This came from a guy who's cousin works for Polaris, he said he couldn't get any other info out of him other than that, and it is BAD ASS!!!!

Pushnwood

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new sxs in the next few months & I really like 2013 900 xp & the can am maverick, but I have to wait to see this new Polaris. It's definitely game on in the sxs market rite now!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I heard this weekend its actually a 1140cc or something like that. Allegedly, once its at 1200cc some crazy laws kick in so they wont/cant go any bigger. I also heard 4 speed but nothing about paddle shifter. This came from a guy who's cousin works for Polaris, he said he couldn't get any other info out of him other than that, and it is BAD ASS!!!!

I understand it's just an friendly competitor agreement between the MFG's according to a few reps' I've talked to.
1200 CC will be plenty.
We will most definitely move up again.

Love our XP,, but time for more power, speed and suspension.
- and power steering.

2Driver

Reaction score
With Can Am answering with this http://www.utvguide.net/can_am_maverick_1000r.htm you know Polaris is going to do something.

Why hassel with all the aftermarket LT stuff for a farm SXS when you buy this stock and 5 year warranty and go have fun.

How quickly the S and XP become old technology. :rolleyes

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
How long will they take to release a 1200 4 model?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I hope not too long. I'd like to buy a four seater sometime this next year

I wish they would just release the 4 at the same time and be done with it. Pricing on the new model is going to have to be in the mid 20s. You do not think they would just replace the XP line or upgrade the 900 to 1200?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Seems like more manufacturers are pushing the 4 seaters out quicker than they used to. They seem to still have a 6 month lag though.

The nicer thing about the Wildcat with all the extra travel is how low your center of gravity is. Polaris couldn't attain that without big changes to the xp. I'd think they will keep the xp around a couple more seasons and like u said charge something in $20's for the new animal.

Sent from my iPhone from Earth.

Hallett270act

Reaction score
My source tells me it is a 4 seat XP with different shocks than WE and new color scheme. Still 900 cc. We shall see!

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Interesting, makes it's debut just as the new helmet law takes effect. No wonder the manufacturers were for the new bill:thumbsdown

Hallett270act

Reaction score
They released a statement and pictures....two seat on 900 XL4 chassis. 900 cc still, but motor is in "H.O." Trim adding 6 more ponies. Also includes Polaris doors and special graphics. You can see them on RZR Forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk