WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Police searching for a missing boater

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Windsor Basin, heard he fell off a pontoon in the storm. NO life jacket. Sucks
20210717_175806.jpg

Surformoto

Reaction score
It was a good friend of mines uncle. He is a havasu local. If anyone finds out or hears any information please let me know. The search was called on for tomorrow morning. Prayers to the family. His wife from what I was told hurting very bad right now. Please no negative bs. Just prayers out to the family right now!
Thanks
Chris Drager
Ig: @Surformoto

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It was a good friend of mines uncle. He is a havasu local. If anyone finds out or hears any information please let me know. The search was called on for tomorrow morning. Prayers to the family. His wife from what I was told hurting very bad right now. Please no negative bs. Just prayers out to the family right now!
Thanks
Chris Drager

I am sorry to hear about your friends uncle. :(

HBCraig

Reaction score
Thanks
Chris Drager
Damn man, sorry to hear

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Any word?

Sad deal. Always is, no matter if you know the person or not. The boating community isn't as big as one may think. You may not know the person, but you may know somebody that does, or it could even be someone you've beached next to or helped at the ramp.

Prayers for the lost, warmest thoughts for the family and friends...these times are hardest on them.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Any word?

Sad deal. Always is, no matter if you know the person or not. The boating community isn't as big as one may think. You may not know the person, but you may know somebody that does, or it could even be someone you've beached next to or helped at the ramp.

Prayers for the lost, warmest thoughts for the family and friends...these times are hardest on them.
They're still out there searching

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Almost 8 PM and I still see patrol boats out off of Windsor apparently they haven’t found the man yet. Sad I can only imagine what his family is going through.🙁

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Rough weekend. A guy died on a Rhino at the Landing Friday night as well. Every time one of these accidents happens I just freak out about people having to drive home with an empty seat. It has to be f'ng horrible :(

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
It was a tough weekend, I was in my buddy's Daytona coming back from the springs around 1 this afternoon when we found an elderly couple on a rented ski that was sinking. As we pulled up I could see the riders were not doing well, they were fatigued big time.

All ended well, called the rental company and they sent a guy out pretty quick to come take the ski and we drove the riders back to the dock. Definitely could have gone bad quick though

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It was a tough weekend, I was in my buddy's Daytona coming back from the springs around 1 this afternoon when we found an elderly couple on a rented ski that was sinking. As we pulled up I could see the riders were not doing well, they were fatigued big time.

All ended well, called the rental company and they sent a guy out pretty quick to come take the ski and we drove the riders back to the dock. Definitely could have gone bad quick though

I'm sure they thanked you and your group, and we all should. It's a good thing some people are cognizant of other's needs, and even better when those that help have first aid skills.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hoping for the best outcome possible here. Terrible situation

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No searching going on this morning at first light at least in the same spot they have been all weekend in the north basin.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Later after I made my post it seemed the patrol boats were congregated in one spot, I didn’t want to speculate what that meant, hopefully they found him.🙁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Hopefully they found him, and that's why they aren't back. The LEO'S spend some long hours doing that part of the job. Glad they do.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Hopefully they found him, and that's why they aren't back. The LEO'S spend some long hours doing that part of the job. Glad they do.
I watched for a bit yesterday from the bluff across from our house. they were diving just outside the mouth of the river and doing their best to keep the area “roped off” so to speak. Countless cluelsss fucksticks apparently have no idea what blue lights mean or a red flag with a white line through it. And not a small dive flag, a large one on top of the police boat.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
They're back at it today, these guys seem tireless. A little further south than yesterday. There also seems to be a larger boat out there than I've seen the last few days

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They're back at it today, these guys seem tireless. A little further south than yesterday. There also seems to be a larger boat out there than I've seen the last few days
I wonder if they have a pre-planned timeframe that they give up looking.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
I wonder too. Today they are moving from north to south similar to a trolling speed with a total of 5 boats

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I wonder too. Today they are moving from north to south similar to a trolling speed with a total of 5 boats
The big boat has side sonar per a FD friend of ours. As cold as it sounds there are pre-determined tables based on water temp and body mass index that is very accurate on when a body will surface. But at the same time when you think back to Reagan that logic did not apply. Sorry to look at this way, and the family needs to get him back, I get it.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Tragic. Keep the vests handy and put em on if things get iffy.

As a gentle reminder, if you are in the water and struggling..... Breathe in as much air as you can. And hold your breath. Then take quick breaths to keep your lungs full. You will float. You won't drown.

I realize people panic, or getting knocked hard overboard and maybe are unable to do this. But please teach your kids and your passengers this simple thing. It can save your life.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

As a gentle reminder, if you are in the water and struggling..... Breathe in as much air as you can. And hold your breath. Then take quick breaths to keep your lungs full. You will float. You won't drown.

I realize people panic, or getting knocked hard overboard and maybe are unable to do this. But please teach your kids and your passengers this simple thing. It can save your life.

I was just outside the No Wake Zone Bouys @ Windsor waiting for my better half to bring the trailer when the winds started howling. The lake went from your normal Saturday afternoon washtub conditions to having constant 2’-3’ breakers within minutes. It wouldn’t be hard if you had been drinking or your balance wasn’t great to get tossed. I know I was hanging on for dear life when I tried to walk from one end of my boat to the other. I didn’t think to even put on a life jacket either it happened so fast 🤦‍♂️. Hoping for a positive outcome. Prayers to the family.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Pretty good squall rolled through. Chased all the search boats into the marina here at the Landing, as soon as it cleared up they headed back. It was pretty intense for about 25 mins

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Tecopa running slow no wake all day. Man on bow. Possibly searching also.

River Runnin

Reaction score
I musta got there when they were at lunch? No flashing lights, lots of boat traffic, but didn't see anyone searching. Depending on depth, I can see up to 100 feet out both sides. I did make a couple passes, but with the little info I was going on (needed to know where they were looking, or approximately where it happened?) I'z just driving in circles! Hope they find him! --- Might make another attempt with more info?

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
I don't see them break for lunch, today they've been going north and south between the island and the mouth of the river on the Arizona half of the basin

OC Mike

Reaction score

Well done!!!
Boaters taking care of boaters....regardless of craft.....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
At least he was found. I hope there were no kids on the ferry. I wouldn't think so, but have no idea.

j21black

Reaction score

It's crazy and it works. Wife and I were in the pool a couple weeks and tried. Take a deep breath in, hold it, and it will raise your head up 6"

HCP3

Reaction score

Agreed. There are many YouTube tutorials that teach "survival strokes". I encourage everyone to take a few minutes to watch and train.

RIP to the victim. I always hate seeing these threads. 🙁