Police Shooting Video……

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I’ll hold back my comments…….

Bear Down

Reaction score
Officer is Fucked...

but on a positive note Lowes might have a future "BLUE LIGHT" special in the garden section soon

Last edited:

beertruck

Reaction score
Thats fucked up. why didn't they just jam something in his wheel to stop him. Officer is, and deserves to be prosecuted for that.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
There is nothing that I can see in that video that justifies the shooting. Hate to say it, but if that suspect was a different color we would be right back to Fentanyl Floyd days already.

I have not heard of any weapon recovered from that suspect other than a possible knife. Even then, the guy is in a wheelchair and how to handle that situation is not rocket science. Fired, arrested, and prosecuted here is what needs to happen unless the theft suspect had a gun and pulled it on that officer.

WYRD

Reaction score
Nothing good happens at Walmart

Reactions: TPC

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Officer involved shooting investigations in Arizona are based on what the Officer knows and believes at the time. The gentleman in the wheel chair had a lot of places to conceal weapons, if the officer believed that he was in the process of drawing a weapon then it would be justified. Also they have a duty to protect other lives. In the video the gentleman was headed for a Lowes employee with the knife (deadly force). A taser deployment would have been obstructed by the back of the wheel chair. Also both officers elected to draw weapons and not tasers. I see this as a justifiable shoot.
His backdrop was not the best as the line of fire was in the general direction of the store employee.
Tucson is lib tard central and I assume this is a politically motivated decision.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't know what is justified, or legal, but I can say I don't agree with the shooting. But I'm not a LEO.
Tucson is an incredibly libtard city, but surrounded by a bunch of right wing areas. Like always, the population centers have a different outlook than the periphery.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Officer involved shooting investigations in Arizona are based on what the Officer knows and believes at the time. The gentleman in the wheel chair had a lot of places to conceal weapons, if the officer believed that he was in the process of drawing a weapon then it would be justified. Also they have a duty to protect other lives. In the video the gentleman was headed for a Lowes employee with the knife (deadly force). A taser deployment would have been obstructed by the back of the wheel chair. Also both officers elected to draw weapons and not tasers. I see this as a justifiable shoot.
His backdrop was not the best as the line of fire was in the general direction of the store employee.
Tucson is lib tard central and I assume this is a politically motivated decision.

When I watched the video……. I wondered to myself what the officers version of the Police Report would say to justify the shooting of a man in a wheelchair 9 times in the BACK. Thank you for solving that mystery. Makes perfect sense now!

hallett3

Reaction score
He’s fucked. Pepper spray him and this will probably disable him using the controls of the wheels chair. Then take him down. The only way this would be a justified shooting if he was holding a gun and going back into the store.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You gotta be joking. You think that was justified? Shooting a guy 9 times when he's on a rascal? LOL.

I'm not even a cop, and you could literally walk (not run) up behind the guy and throw a towel over him and pin his arms to the wheel chair. Or 1,000 other ways of immobilizing and disarming him. Walking (again not running) up to the side of him and unloading on him isn't really how that situation is supposed to play out. Hell even if ya shot the guy, why shoot him 9 freakin times? He isn't a threat to anyone that can't out walk the chair..

RD

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score

We train people all the time to work and fight through chemical deterrents. There was no guarantee that pepper spray would have stopped him. Below is an off duty officer returning fire after being shot.

why 9 bullets? Because unlike the movies people don’t stop fighting when they are shot.
Sure this would have been a great opportunity to use less lethal if he had been driving around a parking lot. But he was advancing into a populated store towards someone that had no idea what was going on. You can tell them to run or get out of the way, most people cannot overcome the deer in the headlight look fast enough to get themselves out of harms way.

Disclaimer: I don’t know all the facts and never will. I’m offering a different opinion of what was expressed initially. I do not believe that officers go to work to intentionally do harm. They are no different than the rest of us. I hope that in the moment he though he was doing best for all parties involved.

I will say this… the man requested to be shot. they fulfilled that request! No bystanders Or officers were hurt in the process. It’s a good day when only the shit head is dead.
You gotta be joking. You think that was justified? Shooting a guy 9 times when he's on a rascal? LOL.

I'm not even a cop, and you could literally walk (not run) up behind the guy and throw a towel over him and pin his arms to the wheel chair. Or 1,000 other ways of immobilizing and disarming him. Walking (again not running) up to the side of him and unloading on him isn't really how that situation is supposed to play out. Hell even if ya shot the guy, why shoot him 9 freakin times? He isn't a threat to anyone that can't out walk the chair..

RD

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

RD

There's no way I can see that shooting as justified.
There is a way I can see it as not a criminal act.
There is no way I see left leaning Tucson not showering his immediate family members with millions.

Your towel statement is nearly equivalent to the "just shoot the gun out of his hand" or " just shoot him in the leg" statements.
You are assuming he's actually paraplegic and not just faking.
You are assuming he doesn't have any other weapons/guns in his lap or on the seat of the chair.

Too many assumptions like that as an LEO can get you or your fellow LEO's hurt or killed.

Again, based solely on the video, there doesn't seem any way to justify 9 shots to the guy.
Nobody but the lawyers and family members will win here.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

We train people all the time to work and fight through chemical deterrents. There was no guarantee that pepper spray would have stopped him. Below is an off duty officer returning fire after being shot.

why 9 bullets? Because unlike the movies people don’t stop fighting when they are shot.
Sure this would have been a great opportunity to use less lethal if he had been driving around a parking lot. But he was advancing into a populated store towards someone that had no idea what was going on. You can tell them to run or get out of the way, most people cannot overcome the deer in the headlight look fast enough to get themselves out of harms way.

Disclaimer: I don’t know all the facts and never will. I’m offering a different opinion of what was expressed initially. I do not believe that officers go to work to intentionally do harm. They are no different than the rest of us. I hope that in the moment he though he was doing best for all parties involved.

I will say this… the man requested to be shot. they fulfilled that request! No bystanders Or officers were hurt in the process. It’s a good day when only the shit head is dead.

Did you actually watch the video?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Did you actually watch the video?

hallett3

Reaction score
I don’t know the deadly force policy of this agency. But for me as retired LAPD this shooting will not fly. Being involved in a shooting myself is no fun. You can’t believe what you have to go through. You have exhaust all options when using deadly force. I can tell you on this shooting they will wonder why you didn’t use other options they give you. Taser, OC spray, bean bag round just to mention a few. You have to explain why you went straight to deadly force, and why you didn’t use other options first. And yes they Monday night quarterback the shit out of this. You have someone from the DA’s office go to the crime/shooting scene. You have your rights given to you.
Then you do a walk through of the shooting scene and explain your justification on the shooting with the officer involved shooting investigators. Let me tell you you better have good answers when they question you why you shot and went to deadly force. I know I’m missing a few deals you have to go through but it isn’t fun.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Sure seems this escalated unnecessarily. Cops aren't robots though, they get upset and agitated too. They are trained to escalate force in response to
an uncooperative contact.

I think other training techniques would be worth it. Raising the violence level is not always warranted. Granted, sometimes it is. Some motherf*ckers deserve to get shot and killed.

I'm far from anti-cop, but it is hard to believe, from the video that the fellow was that much of a threat to the life of the officer. Seriously, throw a towel over his head from behind. LOL.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Don't know much about this other than I used to live right behind that Walmart. It was kind of rough back then, can't imagine what it is like today.

gordon

Reaction score
Im not a Leo but I can tell you I don't agree with stealing not listening to any authority maybe im wrong but I haven't been shot or beat up by a cop so id say im doing something right

Duramax

Reaction score
This is the half brother to one of those guys who works for me. He hasn't seen him for 12+ years, but was shocked to see the video. Lawyers are in touch with his sister already.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Must have been a really awesome tool box. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Was that a store loss prevention guy that told the officer the deceased had a gun in his other hand?

floatn turd

Reaction score
Soooooo he stole, took shit that didn't belong to him and brandished a weapon when he got caught................

Please press here and scroll down:

Heaven-2.jpg

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
I wont comment on the shooting, it looks bad, but the inveatigation may or may not give more information then a 20 second video. What i will comment on is the immediate firing of the officer. The city just set that officer up for some money. There is a process, follow it. The mayor and police chief are politicizing it to keep the mob quiet. Put the officer off on leave and conduct and investigation. If DA files, fire him. If they dont, the IA investigation will determine whether he keeps his job. The Police Association attorney is right on with his comments

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
How about throwing the baton in the spokes of the wheel chair to stop him? Duh.
This is just flat wrong on so many levels.