WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Poll - 2 Door or 4 Door SxS for Havasu???

2 Door or 4 Door SxS for Havasu?

• 2 Door

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • 4 Door

Votes: 90 81.8%

• Total voters

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
Which is better for primarily Havasu/Parker terrain? Looking to buy a SxS and we’re on the fence between a 2 door or 4 door. Considering longer wheel base for ride quality, short base for maneuverability... usually just us two, but extra room for pups or guests could be nice (but not necessary)... Decisions, decisions!! 🤔

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
If your poll shows go the two seat route i have a built one for sale (shameless plug).

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I say 4 seater......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RVRKID

Reaction score
And I have a 4 seater ive been debating letting go lol. Its currently in havasu.
If you do could you PM me the details? Neighbor is looking right now.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
4 seat RZR S would be my choice. The longer wheelbase helps with making it a smoother ride. Be sure to spend the couple grand necessary on the shocks getting them tuned and properly sprung. Makes all the difference in the world.

Reactions: DWC

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
Thanks!! Sounds like most people like a 4 door for out there?! Some votes for 2 doors though ... 🤔

I’ll let hubby do his research and shopping. He’s in charge of anything with a motor 🤣
@PlanB What shall we get??? 😎

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thanks!! Sounds like most people like a 4 door for out there?! Some votes for 2 doors though ... 🤔

I’ll let hubby do his research and shopping. He’s in charge of anything with a motor 🤣
@PlanB What shall we get??? 😎

If you get a 2 door, get the Can Am, it has the longer wheelbase. If you want a tossable 4 door, get a Polaris 4 door. If you want the most room, get the Can Am 4 door.

If you want best all around, it is probably a Polaris XP Pro 4 seater right now, although it is not 72" wide.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I have a 2 seater , there have been numerous times the shorter wheelbase has been an advantage. I thought about getting a jump seat for smaller people to ride with

DLC

Reaction score
My neighbor has the Rzr turbo 2 seat and it doesn’t suck up the bumps very well due to short wheel base and also when he stomps on the gas The tires break loose and he gets side ways, tire spin.
the down side to the can am 2 door is lack of storage room but the wheel base is way better than the rzr 2 door

i have the can am 4 door, I love driving it and it’s All around fun but it’s big About the same size as jeep.

It’s nice to have the 4 seats to have friends just jump in and head up to Bison or head over to Hanger 24 for a little Off road drive and dinner. The ride is hands down better in a 4 door.
the question should be can am 4 door 72”wide or rzr 4 door, Then to go turbo or no turbo on the rzr....

go sit inside each one at the dealer to see what you like and feels better to you. My wife liked the can am so we ended up getting that, but I was sold on the rzr.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If you get a 2 door, get the Can Am, it has the longer wheelbase. If you want a tossable 4 door, get a Polaris 4 door. If you want the most room, get the Can Am 4 door.

If you want best all around, it is probably a Polaris XP Pro 4 seater right now, although it is not 72" wide.
I can get past the snub pig-like looking nose on Rzrs. 😁🐷🤣
My vanity just kicked in😂

PlanB

Reaction score
My neighbor has the Rzr turbo 2 seat and it doesn’t suck up the bumps very well due to short wheel base and also when he stomps on the gas The tires break loose and he gets side ways, tire spin.
the down side to the can am 2 door is lack of storage room but the wheel base is way better than the rzr 2 door

i have the can am 4 door, I love driving it and it’s All around fun but it’s big About the same size as jeep.

It’s nice to have the 4 seats to have friends just jump in and head up to Bison or head over to Hanger 24 for a little Off road drive and dinner. The ride is hands down better in a 4 door.
the question should be can am 4 door 72”wide or rzr 4 door, Then to go turbo or no turbo on the rzr....

go sit inside each one at the dealer to see what you like and feels better to you. My wife liked the can am so we ended up getting that, but I was sold on the rzr.

Good post. I am leaning towards the new Can Am Max Turbo but the new RC turbo (2 seater) caught my eye. I have a friend that is a mechanic at a Can Am dealer, so I am going to talk to him and see what his opinion is. The RZR is not off the table though.

Good info from everyone. Thanks...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'll go with Predator then😁
Yamaha wildcat is a good looking ride too.

The Textron Wildcat? It has the Yamaha engine. It is available at a pretty good price now, $18K MSRP. Bass Pro Shop now carries it as well. They call it the Tracker XTR1000.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
You can leave two seats empty, really easy on a four seater..... a lot easier than fitting in two extra people on a two seater... I like the ride better with the four seater

riverroyal

Reaction score
2. 4 seat Can Ams are super long, I prefer driving the 2 seater also. Storage can suck, but never left anything behind!

jetur

Reaction score
Buy the 4 seater for the wheelbase and pull the back seats out.

Demoman

Reaction score
6 seats

8008DAEE-2FE2-4D9B-AA38-479CB8FECBD9.jpeg
0EB88141-5F0C-4A16-823E-41D6D7FDDE39.jpeg

satellitemike

Reaction score
How fast do you want to go? If stupid fast stick w the RZR thought, if you want to cruse and be able to drive on the streets without tearing up your tires, I would recommend looking at the new General 4 deluxe! It will do 80% of what the RZR will do but much more comfortably. Still has 1000 motor and decent suspension, but the big difference is the unlockable rear end that will keep your tires in good shape for a long time.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
4 seaters are going to ride better.

I have a built can am with a bench in the back so it can hold two adults or 3 kids across the back.

If you want one that is done proven and low miles let me know! I’ll sell it for a lot less than I have into it!

Has virtually everything you can ask for from the gps to the heated seats etc.

42F4B79B-44E4-45F2-9543-85C48ADB037D.jpeg

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im waiting for the twin turbo cvt live suspension can am.
😀

PlanB

Reaction score
Killer car Dave. Probably more than I am looking for right now. I am trying to avoid the stupid amount of money I put in my last side x side. Probably just do a cage, seats, harnesses and suspension tune and run it. Then sell it and get another one and start over before in becomes irrelevant.

PlanB

Reaction score
Where are people buying at? We are in North San Diego, but if there is a place that is better to deal with I will drive. Looking at both Can Am and Polaris, and also waiting for the 21's to be released (hearing next week for possibly a new turbo car from Polaris). Going to the Can Am dealer that my buddy works at tomorrow, and will also stop by the Polaris dealer. Not sure how either place is to deal with as far as sales go though...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How fast do you want to go? If stupid fast stick w the RZR thought, if you want to cruse and be able to drive on the streets without tearing up your tires, I would recommend looking at the new General 4 deluxe! It will do 80% of what the RZR will do but much more comfortably. Still has 1000 motor and decent suspension, but the big difference is the unlockable rear end that will keep your tires in good shape for a long time.

General 1000 XP and 1000 XP4 is a great option.

DLC

Reaction score
Where are people buying at? We are in North San Diego, but if there is a place that is better to deal with I will drive. Looking at both Can Am and Polaris, and also waiting for the 21's to be released (hearing next week for possibly a new turbo car from Polaris). Going to the Can Am dealer that my buddy works at tomorrow, and will also stop by the Polaris dealer. Not sure how either place is to deal with as far as sales go though...

you have a PM

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I got mine from ride now in Vista. At the time they had the best price I could find. It was 30,500 OTD for a turbo rr. I had a 500.00 feet from the sand show.

PlanB

Reaction score
I got mine from ride now in Vista. At the time they had the best price I could find. It was 30,500 OTD for a turbo rr. I had a 500.00 feet from the sand show.

Thanks. They are just on the other side of town from me. I have not been in there since they were House of Motorcycles. I will go check them out.

PlanB

Reaction score
That will change next month!

That's the rumor I have heard as well. Going today to price out some 20's, but waiting for the 21's until we buy (unless there is a smoking deal to be had).

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That's the rumor I have heard as well. Going today to price out some 20's, but waiting for the 21's until we buy (unless there is a smoking deal to be had).

Wait for Sand Show time...

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I dont own one, but I wou choose a 4 dr. Gives ya lots of options with loading coolers, gear ect. want to go out shooting, no prob... put the rifle cases in the back and head out with all your toys. Camping..... no prob. Lots of space

PlanB

Reaction score
Decided on the Can Am X3 4 door. The GM had to run to an appointment, but we are touching base next week to get a deal done. Lining up all the aftermarket shit that needs to be done now.

DWC

Reaction score
Decided on the Can Am X3 4 door. The GM had to run to an appointment, but we are touching base next week to get a deal done. Lining up all the aftermarket shit that needs to be done now.
Congrats. I always thought boat maintenance and general wear/tear was expensive. The SXS rabbit hole is a SOB. Don’t reach out to @DLC . He’ll try to spend all your cash.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I like the 4 seat option for havasu. For a quik ride in the desert, throw a cooler in back seat.
Always good time with two more friends too!

I like the ride better with the longer wheel base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
Congrats. I always thought boat maintenance and general wear/tear was expensive. The SXS rabbit hole is a SOB. Don’t reach out to @DLC . He’ll try to spend all your cash.

yor toooooo late!
lol

We’ve already been txting

we’re going to have a great winter with all the rallying!

we need to plan an overnight trip to the Yacht Club in Quartzite!

great bar, band, steak and they have rooms....

PlanB

Reaction score

We've already been talking. Lol...

Edit: Guess I should have scrolled down a little.