WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Poll - 2 Door or 4 Door SxS for Havasu???

2 Door or 4 Door SxS for Havasu?

• 2 Door

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • 4 Door

Votes: 90 81.8%

• Total voters

PlanB

Reaction score
That looks purdy!
Those rods are beefy and look really good!

did you add the dbl shear kit? For the middle rod, they say it can wallow out the alumi hub

Yep, that's the exact kit I used. Drill a 3/4" hole in the hub and it slides right in. I think that is actually what caused the center rod to hit. If you are running a 5/8 or 3/4 rod end, the kit moves the rod about a half inch away from the hub. It's a nice kit for 100 bucks though. Full stainless sleeve.

gqchris

Reaction score
TMW battery kit with a PC1200. Better than the motorcycle battery it came with.

View attachment 906179

Hey @PlanB , I am copying your setup here cause it looks great:) I have my TMW Bracket and Battery already, but the Odyssey came with Zero Hardware. Did you buy the L Terminals separate? And where from? Thanks sir!

PlanB

Reaction score
Hey @PlanB , I am copying your setup here cause it looks great:) I have my TMW Bracket and Battery already, but the Odyssey came with Zero Hardware. Did you buy the L Terminals separate? And where from? Thanks sir!

I used the L brackets that came on the factory Yuasa that was in it. Here are some from Battery Mart though:

BTW, I added the piece of rubber between the top of the bracket and the battery (in the pic). The battery does not move at all now. Something you might want to do.

gqchris

Reaction score
I used the L brackets that came on the factory Yuasa that was in it. Here are some from Battery Mart though:

BTW, I added the piece of rubber between the top of the bracket and the battery (in the pic). The battery does not move at all now. Something you might want to do.

Thanks Sir, Perfect, I will use the Yausas also. I think the Bolt into the Odyssey is just an M6? I spied your rubber mat also, will do the same!

PlanB

Reaction score
A few more things added to the X3. Gusset kit, Shock tower, coms, limit straps, catch can, tie rods, sway bar links, fan override, Particle separator and a few more things. It goes next week for cage, doors, nets, lights, whips, and a few other things. Getting closer.

ECEFFD4F-32C9-4CEF-AF45-6462F686B514.jpeg
841FB048-01AD-4B74-BAD2-403C6698280C.jpeg
2BAAB064-E8FD-438F-8B89-94B2997DE0AF.jpeg
8193D027-0E5D-402F-A2FD-1163F763A951.jpeg
9AD92C0D-E1A2-45DE-B92C-E9DC125FC631.jpeg
4248D2B9-853E-4453-82F0-651BF01397AF.jpeg
844B2154-7B00-481F-8D6B-50506A07F783.jpeg
2C2E3377-9059-4317-95FE-DBED7966CCCC.jpeg
9B9E01B6-6C8D-49AF-AD03-273C6FD203FB.jpeg
60D18287-5261-418B-9E1A-A6D59CE5FACB.jpeg
ECEFFD4F-32C9-4CEF-AF45-6462F686B514.jpeg
1E2FE915-A754-492C-AEBE-957D4F4CE83C.jpeg
DE768C5B-016E-42F6-9E89-AB96EAD8D3C5.jpeg
341F0CE6-2877-49A6-BA25-41E03A675DC4.jpeg
04E5F273-05F8-4053-94E3-1F06DDD26E40.jpeg
555BF710-C1DB-49E9-89A3-0CCEA76536E6.jpeg

Last edited:

Bigmutha

Reaction score
How difficult was it to install the gusset kit and shock tower?

PlanB

Reaction score

It's the only thing I did not do myself. It's doable if you are mechanically inclined, but you have to tear the entire front end off of the car. My buddy is a mechanic at the dealer i bought it from, and has installed a bunch of them so I let him do it. I would say it's a full day project for the average person in their garage.

gqchris

Reaction score
Looking great sir! You have a killer ride already, and its just gonna get better!

MeCasa16

Reaction score
It's the only thing I did not do myself. It's doable if you are mechanically inclined, but you have to tear the entire front end off of the car. My buddy is a mechanic at the dealer i bought it from, and has installed a bunch of them so I let him do it. I would say it's a full day project for the average person in their garage.

Your ride is absolutely beautiful. How much do you think you have into your rig in aftermarket? Just trying to see what kind of budget we need.

PlanB

Reaction score
Your ride is absolutely beautiful. How much do you think you have into your rig in aftermarket? Just trying to see what kind of budget we need.

Including the cage, lights, doors, tire carrier, nets and a few other things not done yet, about 20K give or take. It added up faster than I thought it would. Lol...

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Including the cage, lights, doors, tire carrier, nets and a few other things not done yet, about 20K give or take. It added up faster than I thought it would. Lol...

It always seems to work that way for me..

PlanB

Reaction score
Are you planning any shock work, or going to run it and see how it does first?

It's going to Shock Therapy after this season for springs and internal valving. Going to run it stock for now because it probably won't be in Arizona till November and I don't want to miss any of the season.

DLC

Reaction score
Cars looking great !

i like all the matching do dads!

i wish you would hurry it up!

lol

PlanB

Reaction score
Cars looking great !

i like all the matching do dads!

i wish you would hurry it up!

lol

The guy doing the cage is moving to a new facility right now. He should be ready to go again next week.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score

The TMW kit that he has installed is very easy to install. Its a 2-3 hour job max for anyone that can turn a wrench. The front plastics come off easily in a few minutes and then you have easy access to everything. Very basic tools get the job done and the TMW kit does require cutting a few bolts which takes seconds with a cut-off wheel.

DWC

Reaction score
Yes he did... Lol
He claims to be in construction. I think he’s in SXS parts sales. He got me for A-arms, Radius rods and a radio last season. It’s at Just Money for a new gusset kit and shock therapy springs this week. The good thing is @DLC did throw in a “free” windshield.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Looks great!!! I would love to do all that but the budget isn't there. LOL I only have spent a couple thousand on mine and have had it 3 weeks. And I'm already feeling the pinch!

PlanB

Reaction score
The TMW kit that he has installed is very easy to install. Its a 2-3 hour job max for anyone that can turn a wrench. The front plastics come off easily in a few minutes and then you have easy access to everything. Very basic tools get the job done and the TMW kit does require cutting a few bolts which takes seconds with a cut-off wheel.

The shop charges 7 hours for the complete kit with bumper. I watched the install video, and yes it’s doable for a garage mechanic, but it’s a lot of work IMO. If you can do it in 2-3 hours, that is very fast.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
The shop charges 7 hours for the complete kit with bumper. I watched the install video, and yes it’s doable for a garage mechanic, but it’s a lot of work IMO. If you can do it in 2-3 hours, that is very fast.
7 hours??? Damn I’m doing it all wrong. I’ll knock this one out today in 2 as the cars already in the air.
140D5762-5AF5-45B7-8BDC-E9A3DC25F31D.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Looks great!!! I would love to do all that but the budget isn't there. LOL I only have spent a couple thousand on mine and have had it 3 weeks. And I'm already feeling the pinch!

Save your cash. The front gusset kits and the rear hub/radius rod upgrades are almost necessities and will really extend the service life of the car and reduce failures and maintenance down the road.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Save your cash. The front gusset kits and the rear hub/radius rod upgrades are almost necessities and will really extend the service life of the car and reduce failures and maintenance down the road.

That's what I'm hearing. I found a nice ( to me it seems nice ) gusset kit from 3S Powersports for about $300. They also make a nice shock tower support for $300 and sick from bumper for $430 all in the matching Octane Blue. Reviews were all good. But I'm new to all this. But not trying to break the bank but want quality stuff. Doesn't need to be top notch. I'm no race care diver! LOL

Haven't looked at the radius rods yet. But the ones that @PlanB got from shock therapy look really nice!

Reactions: DLC

PlanB

Reaction score
That's what I'm hearing. I found a nice ( to me it seems nice ) gusset kit from 3S Powersports for about $300. They also make a nice shock tower support for $300 and sick from bumper for $430 all in the matching Octane Blue. Reviews were all good. But I'm new to all this. But not trying to break the bank but want quality stuff. Doesn't need to be top notch. I'm no race care diver! LOL

Haven't looked at the radius rods yet. But the ones that @PlanB got from shock therapy look really nice!

S3 makes good stuff. My dealer had one of their shock towers and it was very similar to the TMW one I have. You should be good to go. As far as the radius rods, the TMW pull plate in my pic's was on sale recently for $75.00. (I paid $100.00). they still might be on sale if you check their site. It's the only one I found that offers true double shear for the upper and lower rods.

Edit: Still on sale

Here is the TMW bulkhead kit if you want to compare it to the one from S3:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Save your cash and get what you need during Black Friday sales.

Watch the Shock Therapy videos on bulletproofing the X3. It is more than you will need but gives you an idea on what breaks and where to spend money.

The rear hub bushing/reinforcement deal is cheaper than a single hub. You’ll be buying 2 hubs eventually if you don’t do that.

Last edited:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
S3 makes good stuff. My dealer had one of their shock towers and it was very similar to the TMW one I have. You should be good to go. As far as the radius rods, the TMW pull plate in my pic's was on sale recently for $75.00. (I paid $100.00). they still might be on sale if you check their site. It's the only one I found that offers true double shear for the upper and lower rods.

Edit: Still on sale

Here is the TMW bulkhead kit if you want to compare it to the one from S3:

Thanks for the info!!!

DLC

Reaction score
Unfortunately if you run a can am x3 some of these upgrade are just Mandatory.... they have a taco kit for the lower Frt A arm that keep it from folding

check out
maverickfourms.net and pack a lunch..... lots of good info & reading

PlanB

Reaction score
Unfortunately if you run a can am x3 some of these upgrade are just Mandatory.... they have a taco kit for the lower Frt A arm that keep it from folding

check out
maverickfourms.net and pack a lunch..... lots of good info & reading

The A-arms are the only things I did not touch. I figured when they get bent they will get replaced. I did put Delrin bushings in them though.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Plastic roofs aren’t the best idea, Allen was wearing a helmet. I winched him out and we all had a beer and then took off....

CC495C1A-2D83-4C74-8F4D-16C085F89BC6.jpeg

PlanB

Reaction score
Turn signal and horn kit installed. Particle separator installed... Finally off to get cage, doors, nets, A-arms, lights, tire carrier and a few other things.
7D506BEF-25D1-4880-ABA6-3553381B24E6.jpeg
FD7FB660-19D8-4348-BBC5-4DFD874E81C1.jpeg
CBB87108-CDF3-4502-9383-49895F6EC3A1.jpeg
B230D508-3AE0-42CC-80BF-D2742AF74C6B.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Looks great! Did you put the S&B on a switch? It’s nice to turn it off when on the street.

car looks really good I like the silver!

how long will it be at Magdigan? Will you get it before turkey?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Already been there with the last one we had. This one will be used as intended...

I think you made the right choice not holding out for the Smart Shox. It seems like a cool system, but you STILL need to put the money into shock internals and springs to make it ride well, and there is no additional adjustments in the system from the factory.

The upshot is after all the internal work and addting compression adjusters you have a pretty cool in cab adjustable system.. but you are going to have $5K-$6k+ into just she shocks when you factor in the additional $2K up front cost.

To save $3K-$4k I can just stop, hop out, and turn the knobs on the shocks when the terrain changes.

PlanB

Reaction score
Looks great! Did you put the S&B on a switch? It’s nice to turn it off when on the street.

car looks really good I like the silver!

how long will it be at Magdigan? Will you get it before turkey?

No switch because I thought I would forget about it. Madigan is saying it should be done next week. Everything is at powder coat this week.

PlanB

Reaction score
I think you made the right choice not holding out for the Smart Shox. It seems like a cool system, but you STILL need to put the money into shock internals and springs to make it ride well, and there is no additional adjustments in the system from the factory.

The upshot is after all the internal work and addting compression adjusters you have a pretty cool in cab adjustable system.. but you are going to have $5K-$6k+ into just she shocks when you factor in the additional $2K up front cost.

To save $3K-$4k I can just stop, hop out, and turn the knobs on the shocks when the terrain changes.

I agree. After watching the ST video on the Smart Shox it seems like a real cool system, but they said it's very harsh from the factory until the internals are done.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I agree. After watching the ST video on the Smart Shox it seems like a real cool system, but they said it's very harsh from the factory until the internals are done.

I really liked the idea of them adding the high and low speed compression adjusters to manually adjust, and then you can use the smart shox system to tailor the ride from inside the car. It would be an awesome execution, but good god that is going to be a lot of coin and fiddling to dial the shocks in just have 3 adjustments and OH S!#T functionality from the cabin.

I think it will be the best of all worlds setup going forward. It would have been cool if Can Am had the compression adjusters in there from the factory.

PlanB

Reaction score
I really liked the idea of them adding the high and low speed compression adjusters to manually adjust, and then you can use the smart shox system to tailor the ride from inside the car. It would be an awesome execution, but good god that is going to be a lot of coin and fiddling to dial the shocks in just have 3 adjustments and OH S!#T functionality from the cabin.

I think it will be the best of all worlds setup going forward. It would have been cool if Can Am had the compression adjusters in there from the factory.

I agree. I think electronic suspension is the future, so the next car will most likely have it.

DLC

Reaction score
In HAVASU the only real adjustments needed are when your in the wash board.... It’s so bad and chattering shaking the car even at 50-60 mph

PlanB

Reaction score
I think those are stock for 2020. I’ve been looking at the Baja Designs headlight assembly, my stock ones suck!

The BD ones are nice. Not cheap, but very nice.