WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

POLL - Lake Havasu Channel Open it or Keep it Closed?

Keep the Lake Havasu Channel Closed or Open it up for mooring?

• Yes, Keep it Closed

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • No , Open it back up

Votes: 85 77.3%

• Total voters

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I haven’t have a chance to launch my boat this year. But I like the idea of having it closed especially for the locals. Not everyone has a boat. The Channel offers a better swimming hole and beach than Body Beach, That Beach, and Rotary Park since it’s protected from the weather and has a no wake zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you 100%. Make the "whiteplaters" actually use their boats instead of taking away the best beach in Havasu for locals to use. Your boat was designed to run not hold down sand in the channel.

530RL

Reaction score
I think it should be open, but I would not have a problem with setting aside a section for people without boats.

PlanB

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. Make the "whiteplaters" actually use their boats instead of taking away the best beach in Havasu for locals to use. Your boat was designed to run not hold down sand in the channel.

316 hours on our boat in the last 4 seasons.

As far as taking away the beach from the locals, the boats were there first.

Reactions: DWC

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

The Boats Were There First=

REALLY?

And Who Decided That Tidbit?

🤣

PlanB

Reaction score
The Boats Were There First=

REALLY?

And Who Decided That Tidbit?

🤣

How long have you been going to Havasu? How did people get down to the beach on the island side before the park, road, or anything was built there? We would hang out on the island beach where the condos next to The Heat are now. There was nothing there. You needed a 4x4 or a boat unless you wanted to hike down the dirt / sand hill.

530RL

Reaction score
They already have that.

Cool. 👍

I thought that was only on the island side at the park in the little buoyed area. I don‘t go through the channel very often so I was not aware they added a larger area on the other side.

boatdoc55

Reaction score

So a Lake some 27 miles long with many, many coves and you want to take up space where a not-so-as-fortunate as you person can go enjoy the lake, that's just wrong. It isn't your Lake and the locals deserve a nice beach instead of some tumbleweeded rocky stretch of impossible to get to beach. Real nice guy. Do you kick the dog in the ass also for no apparent reason.

PlanB

Reaction score
Cool. 👍

I thought that was only on the island side at the park in the little buoyed area. I don‘t go through the channel very often so I was not aware they added a larger area on the other side.

Just the island side of the actual channel, and the swim area at Rotary Park.

PlanB

Reaction score
So a Lake some 27 miles long with many, many coves and you want to take up space where a not-so-as-fortunate as you person can go enjoy the lake, that's just wrong. It isn't your Lake and the locals deserve a nice beach instead of some tumbleweeded rocky stretch of impossible to get to beach. Real nice guy. Do you kick the dog in the ass also for no apparent reason.

I have had a home there for 20 years, and therefor have payed taxes out there for the same amount of time. I will voice my opinion just like you, jackass. I want the channel to remain the way it's been, not take it away from boaters. I don't spend much time in the channel, but I like the ability to be able to beach there if I feel like it. The locals can go down there and grab a spot just like a boat can. As far as the shoreline on the lake, you know damn well that are few sand beaches. Open the channel to everyone...

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
How long have you been going to Havasu? How did people get down to the beach on the island side before the park, road, or anything was built there? We would hang out on the island beach where the condos next to The Heat are now. There was nothing there. You needed a 4x4 or a boat unless you wanted to hike down the dirt / sand hill.

Well, to answer your question. I was told they used Plan "A" and swam that incredible distance.

BUT!!

That's just what I was told as am Not as experienced in the "CHANNEL" and it's History as you are.

👍

😉

boatdoc55

Reaction score
I have had a home there for 20 years, and therefor have payed taxes out there for the same amount of time. I will voice my opinion just like you, jackass. I want the channel to remain the way it's been, not take it away from boaters. I don't spend much time in the channel, but I like the ability to be able to beach there if I feel like it. The locals can go down there and grab a spot just like a boat can. As far as the shoreline on the lake, you know damn well that are few sand beaches. Open the channel to everyone...
So now I'm a jackass. You don't know me and I don't know you. why call me a jackass??? Do you realize what is going to happen when they open it back up to allowing boat to beach. Some Jackass, not you, is going to park his 300K DCB right in front of a bunch locals that can't afford a boat and what do you think is going to happen.
Use the ficken boats on the Lake and not hold the sand down in the channel for 10 hrs. Go to 3 dunes and blast the music so Joe can yell at you but leave the channel or at least some of it for the less fortunate.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
was down at the channel for the parade and walked around a bit. it was definitely a whole different vibe without all the boats parked. everyone seemed more laid back relaxed, plus it was nice not hearing all the stereo wars.
Amen to you brother!!!!
was down at the channel for the parade and walked around a bit. it was definitely a whole different vibe without all the boats parked. everyone seemed more laid back relaxed, plus it was nice not hearing all the stereo wars.
Amen to you brother!!

PlanB

Reaction score
So now I'm a jackass. You don't know me and I don't know you. why call me a jackass??? Do you realize what is going to happen when they open it back up to allowing boat to beach. Some Jackass, not you, is going to park his 300K DCB right in front of a bunch locals that can't afford a boat and what do you think is going to happen.
Use the ficken boats on the Lake and not hold the sand down in the channel for 10 hrs. Go to 3 dunes and blast the music so Joe can yell at you but leave the channel or at least some of it for the less fortunate.

You started the personal attack so I just followed suit.

The locals can set their stuff up right at or in the water if they want. I have seen people doing this since canopies have become affordable. We go down there without a boat at times, so I know it's not hard to grab a spot. The channel was made popular by people parking their boats there. I don't want boats to now suddenly be restricted because locals don't want them there.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The floatless biminis have the same right to the channel beach as boaters. They also can not leave their floatless bimini there overnight just as boats can not.
But if you really get down to it and look closely, the seawalls were built specifically to tether boats to it every 15' or so......and technically swimming is illegal in it. Go ahead and try swimming across with cops there and see what happens.
It's a stupid argument because all have the same rights.
Early bird............yada, yada

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
And if a boat tries to push its way into a group with a floatless bimini I support those on the beach.
Don't forget, the only reason it was closed to boats beaching was to protect us from ourselves, ya know, social distancing and all.......which obviously was a complete fail.

PlanB

Reaction score
And if a boat tries to push its way into a group with a floatless bimini I support those on the beach.
Don't forget, the only reason it was closed to boats beaching was to protect us from ourselves, ya know, social distancing and all.......which obviously was a complete fail.

I agree. We parked in there during the parade of lights last year, and there was a group up on the wall. I asked if they minded us parking in front of them (they could see over us), and they had no problem with it. Everyone has a right to a spot on the beach, and a little courtesy will go a long way.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
The floatless biminis have the same right to the channel beach as boaters. They also can not leave their floatless bimini there overnight just as boats can not.
But if you really get down to it and look closely, the seawalls were built specifically to tether boats to it every 15' or so......and technically swimming is illegal in it. Go ahead a try swimming across with cops there and see what happens.
It's a stupid argument because all have the same rights.
Early bird............yada, yada
So Zig, do you think a couple of Sterilite workers down on the channel after a couple of beers, well maybe 20, will take kindly to some guy sticking his sponsons up into their spot because there was a space at the water line for him????

Woops, typing at the same time!!!

boatdoc55

Reaction score
I agree. We parked in there during the parade of lights last year, and there was a group up on the wall. I asked if they minded us parking in front of them (they could see over us), and they had no problem with it. Everyone has a right to a spot on the beach, and a little courtesy will go a long way.
Agree but there isn't much of that stuff, courtesy, any more.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I've seen it go both ways with that.
I recall a thread here a few years back about a boater thinking he had the right of way to jamb his boat into someone bimini'd beach spot.

PlanB

Reaction score

Very true, but that's with everyone. From people taking up beach with yellow tape (non-boaters) to boaters putting stuff next to their boats to do the same thing.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Found that old threadhttps://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...w-is-and-what-would-you-do.23972/#post-345630
In reading it and the response by the LEO about the situation, the channel is actually for boat mooring.
Lol, there's even a mention of a PlanB😆

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
this is the most POINTLESS poll that has even been posted...
how about a 3rd, choice, fill it with sand...
RD SUX

Well underway,should be filled in next week.
D748668C-C2D6-4A21-A14D-4B8C452E5E92.jpeg

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
YES, 2005 Yamaha . we were coming up to get the boat serviced for the season didnt make an appt. and they were booked 2 weeks straight.
so boat stayed in storage we relaxed in the channel all weekend.
[/QUOTE/]

you be a happier boater if you stepped it up from the Yamaha. But shit If it floats have fun

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
🤔 Sounds like we need a big bureaucratic process to issue permits by the city. Maybe parking meters $20 an hour to park, loud stereo surcharge, sausage boat surcharge... ect. The city could rake in a fortune. 😂🤣:rolleyes:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
From the photos seems that it’s what made the parade possible, people had 50% more channel.
However between Needless and Topock I’ve never seen so many boats, cars, people, and tents as i saw today. It was literally the busiest I’ve ever seen all those beaches and the couple little jetti’s on the Ca side. Social distancing is no longer being accepted or taken from what i see. Unless in a store, but then you best not talk either 🧟‍♀️ zombies 🧟🐑

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I don’t know why this is such a point of contention. I’ve had my own boat for 3 years and before that boated with friends for at least 10 years at havasu. I have never seen any negative interactions between boaters parked in the channel and people without a boat hanging out. I’ve always seen people without boats chatting with boat owners and admiring the boats etc. The only negative interactions I’ve seen have been spats between boaters about parking, holding spots etc. Is there really an issue here or are RDPers just looking for something to argue about ?

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
From the photos seems that it’s what made the parade possible, people had 50% more channel.
However between Needless and Topock I’ve never seen so many boats, cars, people, and tents as i saw today. It was literally the busiest I’ve ever seen all those beaches and the couple little jetti’s on the Ca side. Social distancing is no longer being accepted or taken from what i see. Unless in a store, but then you best not talk either 🧟‍♀️ zombies 🧟🐑
Peter what the hell are you doing up at 0330 posting? Are you hitting the meth? Lol

Tank

Reaction score
Sooooooooo, thought I read it was opening up after Memorial. It's after memorial. It doesn't appear to be open. What's the update?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Sooooooooo, thought I read it was opening up after Memorial. It's after memorial. It doesn't appear to be open. What's the update?
On RDP FB I read June 1st. 🤷‍♂️

Singleton

Reaction score
Based on Havasu News, it looks like mid-June. Cant read full article now, could last week and some BS logic about testing results due in early June will determine it

Attachments

• 8E29B7FD-2FC6-41F1-A005-F997A71F6A28.png
    8E29B7FD-2FC6-41F1-A005-F997A71F6A28.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • 11925C49-364C-45BF-BD87-7A498AD4A15B.png
    11925C49-364C-45BF-BD87-7A498AD4A15B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46

River Runnin

Reaction score
And then ya go and post this! 😆

1590613122356.png

1590613356238.png

Attachments

• 1590613251543.png
    1590613251543.png
    823.7 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Based on Havasu News, it looks like mid-June. Cant read full article now, could last week and some BS logic about testing results due in early June will determine it

You mean the testing results that say the Havasu tourists must be going to assisted living homes in Bullhead and Kingman and infecting the elderly in those towns and going home?

Singleton

Reaction score
You mean the testing results that say the Havasu tourists must be going to assisted living homes in Bullhead and Kingman and infecting the elderly in those towns and going home?

I gave up trying to understand the logic.
My 🧞‍♀️ says they are trying to keep it closed until after July 4th
total BS IMO. I think it has been more crowded without boats then with

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I gave up trying to understand the logic.
My 🧞‍♀️ says they are trying to keep it closed until after July 4th
total BS IMO. I think it has been more crowded without boats then with

They are just pushing the crowds to other destinations and accomplishing nothing.