WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pomona

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Got to party with those Capco Boys last night. Who’s headed to Pomona this weekend?
FF387FF6-FE7C-4B81-9C70-DA38DB0E02CC.jpeg

Loony Toon

Reaction score
I spent the last 10yrs. staying at the Fair Plex RV Park while working in the LA area. This will be the first time in the last 19 races that I will experience having to pay for parking.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
This will be the first winter nationals we've missed in 36 years. Our first date was there on Feb 3, 1985.
Suxs as she is in Seattle with family.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
when in Bonneville, we went out in the secound round, so i got to spectate, at their track , you can stand at the big end @ the lights above the track and look down, the speed at that end was unbelievable

nowski

Reaction score
This will probably go down as being the hottest Winter Nationals on record, for that reason I will not be attending. I'll be missing the smell of nitro in the morning...

On a positive note: The high temperatures have nothing to do with climate change, climate emergency or global warming...

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
This will probably go down as being the hottest Winter Nationals on record, for that reason I will not be attending. I'll be missing the smell of nitro in the morning...

On a positive note: The high temperatures have nothing to do with climate change, climate emergency or global warming...

Friday Fuel qualifying starts at 830 pm !!

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
Any idea of the schedule for Saturday? We're gonna skip Sunday, and head out for qualifying Sat instead.

Fuel cars run at 4:30 and 7:30. Hemi under glass wheelstander, cacklefest and fireworks to follow.
Prostock at 3:30 and 6:30

The last summer race at Pomona was in 2001 for the NHRA's 50th anniversary. Who knows if there will ever be another.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

It probably won't rain though.

Subadvantage

Reaction score
Full event passes and will be out Friday with my oldest. Had plans to go to river for the next several days, so my daughter and her husband will be using them Saturday and Sunday. Excited to see some nighttime racing!

JM21

Reaction score
It is correct that they are running Pomona this weekend and then they will be back in November for the finals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
This year will be awesome, 40 bucks to park and a mile walk in, the first night pass will make it all worth it, well that and the 30 $15 dollar beers.

Do we really get to call 7:30 a night pass? I was hoping for full on darkness.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Amtrak has a better on time record than NHRA lol

You have a couple drops of oil they need to clean up and fuel cars won’t be running until 9pm.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
what's the ticket cost this year for Saturday?

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Amtrak has a better on time record than NHRA lol

You have a couple drops of oil they need to clean up and fuel cars won’t be running until 9pm.

I'd bet there's a 9pm curfew, track will be dark, parking lot lights off and gates being locked (LOL) or every whining bitch living in Pomona and Claremont will be complaining to their respective city leaders at the next city council meeting how their lives were ruined over 3 nights of noise.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not really, but something happens it could be. I think they are having cacklefest at 8:30, that will be dark and cool when your walking out.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Are they requiring masks? I want to go today but there is no way Im wearing one.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
what's the ticket cost this year for Saturday?
I spotted general admission Sat tickets online for $80..... don't forget they have costly beers so plan on over $100 all in. Funny, last time I went I think I paid around $60 at gate.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…I wonder which Cackle cars have been invited???…Don’t think they’re going to make it to TV???…lot of memories there👍

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Let me say this again...I grew up in the wrong era!

I will say though, when I have sat in a FED it did creep me out where that pumpkin is!
…That’s why people started welding a metal strap across the back of the housing… sort of in a place where the spider gears might come out and get you..,
… I tried not to think about it..:😳

Last edited:

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Bought a Saturday VIP ticket for $85.00 figure it may provide a rent to stay out of the sun between fuel rounds. There was a disclaimer you had to click accept on before you could purchase your ticket and it said masks will be required.

But if I have a beer in my hand all day they can’t make me where a mask.

chvynhra

Reaction score
Yea probably less than that. Most didn't make it down the track without smoking the tires.

Attachments

• 20210730_202045.mp4
    10 MB

Rye

Reaction score
One of the Top Fuel Eliminator drivers had to be pulled out of his car because of heat exhaustion at the starting line.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Let me say this again...I grew up in the wrong era!

I will say though, when I have sat in a FED it did creep me out where that pumpkin is!
Haha! My BIL ran an Econorail at Carlsbad, same setup, but the little 283/PG setup out of my 65 Impala wasn't much of a danger. lol. Still, It' is alarming straddling that fat Pumkin!

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Why so empty. Pit side stands looked about 25% and it looking like the "Beer side" stands where closed.