Pontoon.... 100mph

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Worlds fastest pontoon
worlds fastest prius
worlds fastest tricycle

Seriously...... who cares. Amazingly lame. πŸ‘ŽπŸ»

Or this run from a couple of hours ago. ;)

20200811_082544.jpg
Speed_Demon_2010.jpg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'd be more impressed if said 100 m.p.h. pontoon was grilling burgers and wieners at the same time.

91iGGbAndcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
Or this run from a couple of hours ago. ;)

View attachment 909495 View attachment 909496

Looks like perfect weather for record runs, 73Β°F during yesterday's run was 10-15 degrees cooler than average.

They're running a +501 cubic inch engine and going after the AA/BFS record. The engine can produce more than 3,000 HP, but it's dialed back. Otherwise the engine would produce wheelspin in all gears, killing the speed.

They had a real challenge fitting the Gen VI big block between the frame rails. Judging from the time slips it looks like they're coming home with the record.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Looks like perfect weather for record runs, 73Β°F during yesterday's run was 10-15 degrees cooler than average.

They're running a +501 cubic inch engine and going after the AA/BFS record. The engine can produce more than 3,000 HP, but it's dialed back. Otherwise the engine would produce wheelspin in all gears, killing the speed.

They had a real challenge fitting the Gen VI big block between the frame rails. Judging from the time slips it looks like they're coming home with the record.

They are currently running a 555ci. BBC. I'm not sure if they are going after another two class records this week or not.

From who's sending me the time slips I'm guessing Shane Tecklenburg is tuning the engine.

@parker ed should know more about their intentions for the week

rrrr

Reaction score
They are currently running a 555ci. BBC. I'm not sure if they are going after another two class records this week or not.

Right. I said '501+ cubic inches', because that's the step from A/BFS to AA/BFS. I also noted it was a Gen VI big block.

With the larger engine and the fact it has forced air induction, the only other class record they can grab is by switching to gas and running in AA/BGS. If they have another engine prepped that's under 500 CI, they can go after the A/BFS and A/BGS record. I don't recall if the Speed Demon currently holds those records, but even if it does they can attempt to reset them.

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Right. I said '501+ cubic inches', because that's the step from A/BFS to AA/BFS. I also noted it was a Gen VI big block.

With the larger engine and the fact it has forced air induction, the only other class record they can grab is by switching to gas and running in AA/BGS. If they have another engine prepped that's under 500 CI, they can go after the A/BFS and A/BGS record. I don't recall if the Speed Demon currently holds those records, but even if it does they can attempt to reset them.

Yes, I did understand your +501 and was only offering usless information that only you and I might appriciate and in no way meant it as a correction to your post.

As more useless info. comes in I'll update this thread if deemed useless enough. 😁

rrrr

Reaction score
Yes, I did understand your +501 and was only offering usless information that only you and I might appriciate and in no way meant it as a correction to your post.

As more useless info. comes in I'll update this thread if deemed useless enough. 😁

And I'll make more useless comments about your useless comments. It should also be noted we're threadcrapping in a thread about ridiculously overpowered and overpriced pontoon boats, which neither of us own.

This should result in a two week ban for both of us, because we have no business being here, are obviously uncool, and just a couple of old dinosaurs.

Wheeler

Reaction score
And I'll make more useless comments about your useless comments. It should also be noted we're threadcrapping in a thread about ridiculously overpowered and overpriced pontoon boats, which neither of us own.

This should result in a two week ban for both of us, because we have no business being here, are obviously uncool, and just a couple of old dinosaurs.

This thread was DOA until we came along. RD should be paying us!

And if you don't believe it, just look at Stevens good morning Parker thread. :D

parker ed

Reaction score

From who's sending me the time slips I'm guessing Shane Tecklenburg is tuning the engine.

@parker ed should know more about their intentions for the week
They are getting ready to run again this morning. Shane said yesterday they found an issue that should be good for a little more.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score

NOW that your done proving some point......

Back to Lame 100mph beer cans.

Seems like 60mph, big cooler, BBQ is more in line with toon bragging πŸ€”

Wheeler

Reaction score
They are getting ready to run again this morning. Shane said yesterday they found an issue that should be good for a little more.

Are there any live videos being shot and broadcast over the net? The only info. I'm getting are the time slips from Tek after the run.

Wheeler

Reaction score
NOW that your done proving some point......

Back to Lame 100mph beer cans.

Seems like 60mph, big cooler, BBQ is more in line with toon bragging πŸ€”

Now you're catching on. Seize the moment and make this thread your own. 😁

Wheeler

Reaction score

I'm told that the 257 ci engine is going in now.

Taboma

Reaction score
This thread was DOA until we came along. RD should be paying us!

And if you don't believe it, just look at Stevens good morning Parker thread. :D

Here's the pontoon boat connection --- a mere 15,000 years ago you could have run a 100 mph pontoon boat on Lake Bonneville 😁

I find the useless facts interesting, in fact more interesting than any discussion about 100 mph pontoon boats. πŸ‘

Wheeler

Reaction score

Thought you might enjoy this useless photo. πŸ€”

20191009_120509.jpg