WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pool Build Thread

E4L

Reaction score
I received a text digging Monday. [emoji1340][emoji1340][emoji1340]

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Question formal of the experts on here.......we have 2" bullnose travertine as the coping in our contract, they put in 1" square edge instead. I'm going to have it torn out and redone. Builder says they do the bullnose now, grinding it I'm guessing? I think that's bs and them trying to get me to leave it. We paid extra for 2" and I want it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460905793.433601.jpg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Question formal of the experts on here.......we have 2" bullnose travertine as the coping in our contract, they put in 1" square edge instead. I'm going to have it torn out and redone. Builder says they do the bullnose now, grinding it I'm guessing? I think that's bs and them trying to get me to leave it. We paid extra for 2" and I want it.
View attachment 478338

I'd demand what you signed for in the contract. Even if they grind the bullnose in now, it's still not 2" and I can't see how that "grind" is going to be consistant all around the pool.

Buddy is going through the same type of BS with is pool build. Ordered a Salt Water set up and they never installed the convertor (or whatever they called it) and changed his waterfall... F'n contractors. He was able to switch his schedule to graveyards and now he his outside watching everything they do. Sucks it has to be that way.

CobraDave

Reaction score
If it's a must, I'd say have them rip it out. That's the whole point with going with a pool builder right? To get someone to fight for you and make sure it's done the way you want it.

On the other hand, if you can live with how it is, have them throw in something that you wanted but couldn't afford. Anything that you passed on that you might want?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If it's a must, I'd say have them rip it out. That's the whole point with going with a pool builder right? To get someone to fight for you and make sure it's done the way you want it.

On the other hand, if you can live with how it is, have them throw in something that you wanted but couldn't afford. Anything that you passed on that you might want?

Nothing we passed on, I'm gonna make them take it out. Hand grinding isn't going to be a consistent radius on each tile, it's half ass. Plus 2" costs more than the 1" so we paid extra for it.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Nothing we passed on, I'm gonna make them take it out. Hand grinding isn't going to be a consistent radius on each tile, it's half ass. Plus 2" costs more than the 1" so we paid extra for it.

Get ER done!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could add a table and seats on an existing pool.....the pics answer my question. Wanna do this to my shallow end of my pool. :thumbup:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could add a table and seats on an existing pool.....the pics answer my question. Wanna do this to my shallow end of my pool. :thumbup:

For the Baja reef I wanted to add to mine it was 2600[emoji106]

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

2600 is not good number to do correct. Typically for that price you'll get block built on face, all the plaster and cement trash from job goes in it, they'll fill it solid with crap to within 6in-12in of top, theyll throw cement on top, and technically you have a shelf, it will be a shelf that will crack eventually.

Engineer shows ok to do with block face, but must be filled with cement slurry ( Builders that go this route trust 90% of that time it is NOT filled with slurry )

To do correct dowel in rebar, and shoot entire thing Gunite or Shotcrete you will be closer to double that price just to hit guys minimums to show up, plus any other work needed to re route returns, trim tile, etc...

Remember you get what you pay for

E4L

Reaction score
Thoughts deck jets two for 1k is it worth it or not?

I don't have any water features.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score

Was that additional cost? We're you getting your pool resurfaced? Or can can they come in, add it, and just refinish that end?

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score

You'll want water features later if u don't imo. I assume you're financing, ain't gonna change your payment...go big or go home son. :D

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
View attachment 478338

Couple things, 2" bullnose is considerably higher cost than what you currently have. If you have 2" on contract and paid more for it, rip it out, have them bring sample of what they're going to install before setting anything. Doing bullnose on natural stone after install can and is done on pools. How ever that's generally with stones where a bullnose is not manufactured for it. With coping pieces being 12-24" in width. Your coping is similar to brick pavers they do make bullnose pieces ( and cost for bullnose pieces is higher that a std paver )
In the end, insist on what you contracted, or deduct more than what you paid for upgrade to live with it. Those are the options

Next the other thing that stands out to me since your asking opinions. did they mount new coping on top of deck/old coping? Then just brown coat and throw tile over that void?
If so over time that area will get movement, your tiles will start popping off and or cracking, and that will be in what will be close to or will be new water line.

I'll be in havasu hopefully end of month ish, if you need me to come past and review contract or work, judging by progress they've made so far and now problems, doubt you'll be much further along anyway :D

My cell 9098437172, if you want to forward pics or have questions

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Couple things, 2" bullnose is considerably higher cost than what you currently have. If you have 2" on contract and paid more for it, rip it out, have them bring sample of what they're going to install before setting anything. Doing bullnose on natural stone after install can and is done on pools. How ever that's generally with stones where a bullnose is not manufactured for it. With coping pieces being 12-24" in width. Your coping is similar to brick pavers they do make bullnose pieces ( and cost for bullnose pieces is higher that a std paver )
In the end, insist on what you contracted, or deduct more than what you paid for upgrade to live with it. Those are the options

Next the other thing that stands out to me since your asking opinions. did they mount new coping on top of deck/old coping? Then just brown coat and throw tile over that void?
If so over time that area will get movement, your tiles will start popping off and or cracking, and that will be in what will be close to or will be new water line.

I'll be in havasu hopefully end of month ish, if you need me to come past and review contract or work, judging by progress they've made so far and now problems, doubt you'll be much further along anyway :D

My cell 9098437172, if you want to forward pics or have questions

The new coping is on top of Gunite, the old coping was removed.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Was that additional cost? We're you getting your pool resurfaced? Or can can they come in, add it, and just refinish that end?

That was the price of the reef section of remodel. I was going to do the whole pool new tile, new decking, re plumb, move equipment, saltwater conversion, lights basically a new pool. The whole deal was more than I have to spend right now so I'll have to or it on hold for a little while.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

Are they true laminar deck jets, or just return with plastic or brass nozzle in deck. The return style will overspray and leak on deck every time you turn them on. After a month or so you will rarely use. True laminars are nice but doubt you could get for that price.
Either way over time you likely won't use except for parties etc.

I can't recall if you had raised area, if so do a waterfall in raised bond beam, can be on every day, you'll have something to see and hear. Very little to maintain other than tile or stone below it. :thumbup:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
The new coping is on top of Gunite, the old coping was removed.

Hmmmmm, how is your old deck below new coping, with new coping only 1in thick?
Or did they remove old, add rebar, and shot Gunite up to new elevation

NicPaus

Reaction score

I think that is the new sub slab for pavers go on as they are same as used for coping it will come out level.

I am still waiting on city for approval on a job I got with new pool in plans will let you know as we get closer. Also almost ready to redo Mom's pool plaster is chunking off bad in places and tiles are jacked at spa spill way.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I think that is the new sub slab for pavers go on as they are same as used for coping it will come out level.

I am still waiting on city for approval on a job I got with new pool in plans will let you know as we get closer. Also almost ready to redo Mom's pool plaster is chunking off bad in places and tiles are jacked at spa spill way.

image.jpeg
Pretty sure this is his pool. He had cantilever deck, they just chipped the face, set form, added spec mix. Installed tile over that area, so the old bond beam and bottom of deck is now at water line. Technically it will work. Technically no way in hell would I ever let that fly on one of my jobs. Using existing deck as a base for pavers or stone is fine. But deck should have been cut back behind pool bond beam. And then a coping used that's thick enough to get it back to the level to match new paver. Or bust out, dowel in rebar, shoot Gunite or Shotcrete up to new bond beam level with a thinner coping. Just my professional opinion. He asked, I just gave an extra 2 cents he probably didn't want to know.

And your stuff just let me know, we'll squeeze in some where. :D

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

My bad, there really wasn't any coping, it was all concrete deck before that they jack hammered the round edge off and then added concrete and then the coping on top of that. These two pics show it.

Also I spoke with the builder, the coping is coming off tomorrow and putting the 2" bullnose on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460926314.644250.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460926330.608884.jpg

NicPaus

Reaction score
I need to quit looking at pics on my phone. Just looked at all pics on my laptop and can see what they did.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Did they set the pavers in sand right over old deck? Or mortar them? Looks like they went right over the cool deck.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
My bad, there really wasn't any coping, it was all concrete deck before that they jack hammered the round edge off and then added concrete and then the coping on top of that. These two pics show it.

Also I spoke with the builder, the coping is coming off tomorrow and putting the 2" bullnose on.

View attachment 478425
View attachment 478426

Right, so new waterline is now at bottom of old deck. Any movement in old deck in any way, tiles are popping off or cracking. And now with waterline at top of bond beam, over time that little skim coat between will fail. And pool will start leaking, and since at water line it will be near impossible to detect where leak is. Water can go in tile at one area and travel brown coat to low area and out it goes. It will be one of those, I don't know water doesn't really drop much I just have to add water a lot to keep at this level. You'll know when planters outside of deck are wet a few inches below top, and your plants just always seem to die.
It's just bad business to do things hoping they don't fail. Versus doing right the first time, and knowing if you call me its to say you got a new house and want another pool, not we've got a problem.

Like I say it may work, fingers crossed for ya it does.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
2600 is not good number to do correct. Typically for that price you'll get block built on face, all the plaster and cement trash from job goes in it, they'll fill it solid with crap to within 6in-12in of top, theyll throw cement on top, and technically you have a shelf, it will be a shelf that will crack eventually.

Engineer shows ok to do with block face, but must be filled with cement slurry ( Builders that go this route trust 90% of that time it is NOT filled with slurry )

To do correct dowel in rebar, and shoot entire thing Gunite or Shotcrete you will be closer to double that price just to hit guys minimums to show up, plus any other work needed to re route returns, trim tile, etc...

Remember you get what you pay for
He got the quote from my hardscape guy which was done right and looks like my pics posted here were approved. He doesn't upcharge the other services just brings in his buddies and they get paid directly. Unless you sub out specifics yourself and deal direct. Now I did do that but used all the buddies except for upgrading to Shotcrete with the help of FastJTBT144. So if imagine the price would be Gunite from Woody Douglas.

That said Vic I'd definitely ask when you are ready about how he intends to build the step and match it up with MYV's comments. All the comments I got were very helpful. Everything was done right but it was super super comforting knowing that and getting a thumbs up from the pro's here.
Right, so new waterline is now at bottom of old deck. Any movement in old deck in any way, tiles are popping off or cracking. And now with waterline at top of bond beam, over time that little skim coat between will fail. And pool will start leaking, and since at water line it will be near impossible to detect where leak is. Water can go in tile at one area and travel brown coat to low area and out it goes. It will be one of those, I don't know water doesn't really drop much I just have to add water a lot to keep at this level. You'll know when planters outside of deck are wet a few inches below top, and your plants just always seem to die.
It's just bad business to do things hoping they don't fail. Versus doing right the first time, and knowing if you call me its to say you got a new house and want another pool, not we've got a problem.

Case in point. I'd be making some phone calls right now. This would ha e me furious.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I agree with MellowYellowVector on this one. I think you're just asking for leaks and tiles to pop off or crack. Could it work?....possibly. As a contractor would I do it?....No. All I see is a customer calling me telling me another tile has popped off.....at least you're the customer. :D

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
He got the quote from my hardscape guy which was done right and looks like my pics posted here were approved. He doesn't upcharge the other services just brings in his buddies and they get paid directly. Unless you sub out specifics yourself and deal direct. Now I did do that but used all the buddies except for upgrading to Shotcrete with the help of FastJTBT144. So if imagine the price would be Gunite from Woody Douglas.

That said Vic I'd definitely ask when you are ready about how he intends to build the step and match it up with MYV's comments. All the comments I got were very helpful. Everything was done right but it was super super comforting knowing that and getting a thumbs up from the pro's here.

Case in point. I'd be making some phone calls right now. This would ha e me furious.

Your "subs" would be using same sub, Woody Douglass or any of the many guys. And wether you need 1 yard or 10+ they all have a minimum to even show up. That min with most is 2900 + or - hundred or so if cash deal etc
That doesn't include rebar done correct and epoxy set, plumbing etc. I can tell you with out question for the price Vic got it is not going to be done correct

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Your "subs" would be using same sub, Woody Douglass or any of the many guys. And wether you need 1 yard or 10+ they all have a minimum to even show up. That min with most is 2900 + or - hundred or so if cash deal etc
That doesn't include rebar done correct and epoxy set, plumbing etc. I can tell you with out question for the price Vic got it is not going to be done correct

That's why I said I'd definitely use the info to ask how it's done and compare it to. Rather than going blind and having done wrong.

Mine was all new build and done right.

I don't have a freaking clue how you add concrete to existing concert other than what's already been described in here.

Can it be done with regular 300 PSI decking type or doesn't it need to be pneumatically applied?

Only way I can think of it being done correct with your info and being gunite and that minimum is if that invoice is just for the gunite work and he is making his profit off the demo, tile, coping, deck etc etc. plumbing was a separate price etc. so the price Vic is posting is just a line item.

Very possible IMO having dealt with him but I had a bare slate to deal with. Wasn't adding concrete to concrete.

I can tell you this I tried to get him to add a little planter wall to my brick ribbon around the back and he didn't really want to do it because he didn't want to Mickey Mouse it. He measured out the grade and showed me that if I just busted it out and extended the decking it would look better and be about the same height anyway rather than sloping away from pool to join deck with brick ribbon.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
That's why I said I'd definitely use the info to ask how it's done and compare it to. Rather than going blind and having done wrong.

Mine was all new build and done right.

I don't have a freaking clue how you add concrete to existing concert other than what's already been described in here.

Can it be done with regular 300 PSI decking type or doesn't it need to be pneumatically applied?

Only way I can think of it being done correct with your info and being gunite and that minimum is if that invoice is just for the gunite work and he is making his profit off the demo, tile, coping, deck etc etc. plumbing was a separate price etc. so the price Vic is posting is just a line item.

Very possible IMO having dealt with him but I had a bare slate to deal with. Wasn't adding concrete to concrete.

I can tell you this I tried to get him to add a little planter wall to my brick ribbon around the back and he didn't really want to do it because he didn't want to Mickey Mouse it. He measured out the grade and showed me that if I just busted it out and extended the decking it would look better and be about the same height anyway rather than sloping away from pool to join deck with brick ribbon.

Your comparing what you did for a new pool versus remodel. The end product may look the same but the process and costs are completely different. I will tell you it CAN NOT be done correct for that price.
For instance to put a skimmer on your new pool you have a 70.00 skimmer and pipe to equipment. So for a few hundred you have a skimmer. On a remodel you have to break Gunite out 3'x2'x2' range solid Gunite and rebar, tie into existing plumbing and set skimmer to correct elevation, epoxy in all new rebar, re do cement around new skimmer, all typical costs 1200-1500 range just on skimmer plus new suction line back, usually closer to 2000 range total
Just showing you a for instance of what you know versus what you don't - is a big difference.

When you do a pool as owner builder your relying on your subs or workers to know how to do correct. And your at their mercy to do things right. On a simple pool like yours, there's not a whole lot to fuck up. And you got lucky with guys referring the next guys etc. Your workers or subs are the ones that built a pool, in reality you just payed invoices. And got lucky some of us were here to help with input or concerns.
Just pointing out your hardly voodoopoolman, you got your pool, enjoy :D

GRADS

Reaction score
:lmao

If SoCal is anything like NorCal you can expect to see Voodoo Pools as a competitor soon. That's why I hated the business so much.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

If SoCal is anything like NorCal you can expect to see Voodoo Pools as a competitor soon. That's why I hated the business so much.

Iv seen A LOT over the years come and go. From little guys, to some of the largest in the state / nation.
I'm not scared, lol

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Your comparing what you did for a new pool versus remodel. The end product may look the same but the process and costs are completely different. I will tell you it CAN NOT be done correct for that price.
For instance to put a skimmer on your new pool you have a 70.00 skimmer and pipe to equipment. So for a few hundred you have a skimmer. On a remodel you have to break Gunite out 3'x2'x2' range solid Gunite and rebar, tie into existing plumbing and set skimmer to correct elevation, epoxy in all new rebar, re do cement around new skimmer, all typical costs 1200-1500 range just on skimmer plus new suction line back, usually closer to 2000 range total
Just showing you a for instance of what you know versus what you don't - is a big difference.

When you do a pool as owner builder your relying on your subs or workers to know how to do correct. And your at their mercy to do things right. On a simple pool like yours, there's not a whole lot to fuck up. And you got lucky with guys referring the next guys etc. Your workers or subs are the ones that built a pool, in reality you just payed invoices. And got lucky some of us were here to help with input or concerns.

Good one Grads! Not comparing anything. You missed the part where I said I don't know jack about the remodels. Just relaying info. Same as you jumped on me about the plumbing price during my build thinking that was all in and it was stolen equipment. But that was just a line item and not electrical and not for my equipment. It was for plumbing the pvc only.

I will enjoy my pool. My thread so that maybe is why I keep on defending myself in here. You seem to be hurt because I didn't use your quote for a general build or for any sub work. I commended your price for the general build and some of the subbing and I do think you'd have done excellent work. But you seem to have an ego that is hurt or something. Kind on like when AzGeo went on a rant and rave about people doing their own boat work. There is room enough for all types. You are right I did just pay invoices. After I searched for quality subs, budgeted talked to people looked at work and sat and watched everything everyday. I do appreciate the feedback but nothing had to be redone nor did they do something because of your recommendation. It just verified that they were already going to or did do that way. Must be why several other builders on this site contacted me directly to help because of the ego's up in here. They were looking out for me with no skin in the game.

Ou are hung up on budgets. My entire project with upgrades was less than your quote without and just basics. I saved a ton. Were you the most competitive amongst the builders? Yes considering only Blue Fountain was cheaper and is consider your work far above theirs but I didn't have to pay anyone's markup for what I did. Maybe a risk with warranty? Sure but these guys will come back with any issues but it's done right so I don't expect any.

I never knocked you and not everyone has the time to do what I did not wants to muddle through it all. So let's keep facts facts and the knocks out of it.

The info is just to help others out and see what I did and what you do etc etc. Informational. But maybe you think knocking me will help all the people that have reached out and got a quote from my guy to axe that and give you a call. Whatever. If they want to call you I'm sure you'd have a better chance without acting a jerk.

Because one single person doesn't want to pay inflated prices? I have no interest in being a builder. I've got a different career route. I simply didn't need a project manager for my simple pool.

But hey maybe you guys do it different in NorCal.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Iv seen A LOT over the years come and go. From little guys, to some of the largest in the state / nation.
I'm not scared, lol

You sure seem to be. But I'm of no threat. I've got my simple little tiny pool. I'll enjoy it for years to come.

GRADS

Reaction score
My entire project with upgrades was less than your quote without and just basics. I saved a ton.

Take that "ton" and times it by 200. That's how much I made a year.:p

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
You sure seem to be. But I'm of no threat. I've got my simple little tiny pool. I'll enjoy it for years to come.

Now your just being silly. I'm not even remotely concerned you didn't use me. I could care less. I have more than enough business than to be chasing jobs or concerned wether someone uses me or not.

If someone asks for a quote I'll give one. If someone asks for advice or opinion I'll give one. Im more than happy to help any member and even non members with pool work or concerns etc.

I give professional opinion, in work, or costs. And you put in your 2 cents of what can or can not be done, basically questioning the professionals. So will I get offended when you comment back about something with out real or true knowledge of how something is done or costs, ya.

Back to your plumbing and equipment, it was your saying you purchased direct from PEP.
Distributors will not and do not sell direct.
Your plumbing costs of what you stated was lower than any licensed guy anywhere out there. I was saying something ain't right with your posted costs or they were guys that worked for companies and we're doing on the side using company materials. Then you came back with well that didn't include this and this.

And to say you didn't use or do anything I suggested, hmmmmm who handled your warranty, wasn't that my guy?

If you didn't like me or my price then move on, no feelings hurt here.
I appreciate the good comments you have made about me.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Now your just being silly. I'm not even remotely concerned you didn't use me. I could care less. I have more than enough business than to be chasing jobs or concerned wether someone uses me or not.

If someone asks for a quote I'll give one. If someone asks for advice or opinion I'll give one. Im more than happy to help any member and even non members with pool work or concerns etc.

I give professional opinion, in work, or costs. And you put in your 2 cents of what can or can not be done, basically questioning the professionals. So will I get offended when you comment back about something with out real or true knowledge of how something is done or costs, ya.

Back to your plumbing and equipment, it was your saying you purchased direct from PEP.
Distributors will not and do not sell direct.
Your plumbing costs of what you stated was lower than any licensed guy anywhere out there. I was saying something ain't right with your posted costs or they were guys that worked for companies and we're doing on the side using company materials. Then you came back with well that didn't include this and this.

And to say you didn't use or do anything I suggested, hmmmmm who handled your warranty, wasn't that my guy?

If you didn't like me or my price then move on, no feelings hurt here.
I appreciate the good comments you have made about me.

You started the poo flinging.

I'll show you an invoice from a licensed bonded insured contractor for labor that was half your cost. All I am staying is the facts. Stating facts that I think are being missed and asking questions.

I do appreciate the input when it doesn't go into the gutter.

Never said I didn't like you. I would have used you had I went with a builder. I've stated that many times.

I just won't be attacked without merit. I do reserve the right to make an opinion and show facts in my own thread.

Yes you did refer me to the Pentair guy. Thankful for that. Could I have done on my own? Sure I could but yes it was helpful and made it quicker. And it was the engine and not water damage do no one things it was my plaster guys.

Just seems to always be some little dig because I did owner builder and now today is the poo flinging.

And seriously ring me up and I'd be glad to share with you my actual build costs.

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here.... Melloyellowvector was nicer to you than I think he should of been. If I gave you a quote and you did an owner/builder then you're dead to me. For him to offer good free advice and you to give him some lip service is just amazing me.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here.... Melloyellowvector was nicer to you than I think he should of been. If I gave you a quote and you did an owner/builder then you're dead to me. For him to offer good free advice and you to give him some lip service is just amazing me.

Nice O'Leary. He was real cool until the poo flinging.

No lip service. He offered quotes so I took it. If I was working my new job already he'd have built my pool. I wasn't. I had the time and chose to save money. Simple as that. I've never claimed to be an expert. You dubbed me that. Only sharing MY experience.

No poo flinging but I will defend myself.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I'll know when to sell the house for another one.

E4L

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how much did you spend voodoopool and how much was your estimate

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how much did you spend voodoopool and how much was your estimate

I'll PM you. Contrary to popular belief by a couple builders and ex builders I have respect and will not post his info without permission. I'll share my info directly with you though especially because you are in a different region.

Reactions: E4L

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I never gave you a price for labor that I know of, you have my email, I'd be interested to see invoices and costs, to see the " ton " of money you saved.
Your thread isn't really "your thread " anymore since people building pools are posting just as a new build, not a hey vmm give me your thoughts if this is correct or what I should do.
If Barrett, b and d, racey, Nordic, gt, tcm, etc gave professional opinion on something boat related and you tried to question it, or show a cheaper way to do it
you'd be an dick.
Do I believe im at their level when it comes to pools, or anything related to outdoors absolutely.
I wasn't " flinging poo " I'm no keyboard nazi, if I had a problem with you, you'd hear your doorbell ringing, just saying

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I never gave you a price for labor that I know of, you have my email, I'd be interested to see invoices and costs, to see the " ton " of money you saved.
Your thread isn't really "your thread " anymore since people building pools are posting just as a new build, not a hey vmm give me your thoughts if this is correct or what I should do.
If Barrett, b and d, racey, Nordic, gt, tcm, etc gave professional opinion on something boat related and you tried to question it, or show a cheaper way to do it
you'd be an dick.
Do I believe im at their level when it comes to pools, or anything related to outdoors absolutely.
I wasn't " flinging poo " I'm no keyboard nazi, if I had a problem with you, you'd hear your doorbell ringing, just saying

Idle threats now. Nice.

Never contradicted what you said. I've referred a bunch to you professionals. I've just stated my experience is all. Every single time. May have morphed but I still started the thread.

It's like nobody can say their experience because you guys are here. Umm forever about this whole place then. Only the pros can post and we all just watch. Okay Mr high and mighty.

Yeah you started with the Grads like comments. I'm just defending myself.

And yes I have the quotes. You broke up between plumbing and electric and equipment costs I believe. Three separate things. So labor yeah includes PVC. I'll send you stuff tomorrow and share with you if you'd like. We can do in private.

Not trying to hack your business. Just saying don't be a dick to me.