WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pool cost,,wow

WYRD

Reaction score
In CA I’ll add penalties for completion dates going beyond proposed date. But that is also a 2 way street. You will be paying double for EVERY day I finish early. Guess how many customers want that in writing. Zero. If we add I can tell you who’s pool can be built in 3 weeks and that 45k pool ends up costing 70k+

At the rate we’re going and the winter that just passed. It has screwed any idea of completion dates on damn near every job out there. Nearly all winter projects got pushed into summer. Summer projects got started at proposed dates. Putting double work in the same time. Plus the normal spring to summer calls of hey it’s May/June please help I want to have a July 4th party in my new pool, August is my kids bday, the list goes on. Adding up to triple work in the same time. Throw in some commercial jobs on top, that get priority over pretty much every job. It’s fukt.

No builder, including myself will have 100% satisfaction. Sometimes it’s the builder, sometimes it’s a sub or even just one of their workers saying something wrong or out of line, sometimes it’s a customer that just has unrealistic expectations. Sometimes, some jobs just can’t go right no matter how hard you try. It happens. Best way to judge a company/builder is collectively positives versus negatives and how comfortable you feel about contract.
Any legitimate contractor should have no issues signing a liquidated damage clause with a reasonable schedule.

Reactions: FCT

hawgty55

Reaction score
20190815_163909.jpg
$129.99

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
No one knows Steve Clark from Malibu pools helmet? He is now desert storm pools Havasu.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
In CA I’ll add penalties for completion dates going beyond proposed date. But that is also a 2 way street. You will be paying double for EVERY day I finish early. Guess how many customers want that in writing. Zero. If we add I can tell you who’s pool can be built in 3 weeks and that 45k pool ends up costing 70k+

At the rate we’re going and the winter that just passed. It has screwed any idea of completion dates on damn near every job out there. Nearly all winter projects got pushed into summer. Summer projects got started at proposed dates. Putting double work in the same time. Plus the normal spring to summer calls of hey it’s May/June please help I want to have a July 4th party in my new pool, August is my kids bday, the list goes on. Adding up to triple work in the same time. Throw in some commercial jobs on top, that get priority over pretty much every job. It’s fukt.

No builder, including myself will have 100% satisfaction. Sometimes it’s the builder, sometimes it’s a sub or even just one of their workers saying something wrong or out of line, sometimes it’s a customer that just has unrealistic expectations. Sometimes, some jobs just can’t go right no matter how hard you try. It happens. Best way to judge a company/builder is collectively positives versus negatives and how comfortable you feel about contract.

Pretty interesting to say that none of your customers will have 100% satisfaction. Or am I miss understanding that?

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Pretty interesting to say that none of your customers will have 100% satisfaction. Or am I miss understanding that?

He said no builder will ever have 100% satisfaction.

You can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

He's saying that your not going to have 100% satisfaction. You can have 100 customers be 100% happy but the 101st will have something not go right or a sub issue.

I 100% agree that some jobs just don't go well not matter what. Just got to keep trucking along.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

Your absolutly reading that wrong. Where did I say none of my customers are 100% satisfied, I said no contractor, including myself will have 100% satisfaction. Meaning out of say 100 customers your going to have at least 1 that isn’t happy about something ( time frame, finish, costs, workers, etc.. )

Any legitimate contractor should have no issues signing a liquidated damage clause with a reasonable schedule.

Any legitimate contractors ? As I said I’d add but that doesn’t go one way only.
Not sure if your attempting to throw a stab at me or general statement.
Only “legitimate” contractors I know that will add are commercial to meet requirements, and there’s so many outs for not meeting they’re pointless. Also with commercial if in there it goes both ways.
Or contractors that do 1 thing, walls, flatwork, heating and air, etc where variables rely on them and them only.

westair

Reaction score
No one knows Steve Clark from Malibu pools helmet? He is now desert storm pools Havasu.
Let us know if you get any info on them ….. I need to get another quote or two …… the one I have is pretty high.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Let us know if you get any info on them ….. I need to get another quote or two …… the one I have is pretty high.
One thing I found, they have only been open a few months in havasu. More to follow.

82daytona

Reaction score

You’re obviously not a contractor. Maybe I’m not “legit” but I’d never sign anything like that. We have way too many jobs going with other subs and nothing ever goes as planned or on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Down

Reaction score
So with the higher costs of pools, does this make home with swimming pools more valuable? I was always told no, in fact, my old neighbor had a BAD ASS pool, then they sold it to new buyers and they filled it in the very next week and landscaped it. It was heartbreaking..

82daytona

Reaction score
So with the higher costs of pools, does this make home with swimming pools more valuable? I was always told no, in fact, my old neighbor had a BAD ASS pool, then they sold it to new buyers and they filled it in the very next week and landscaped it. It was heartbreaking..

I’ve asked a few agents this same question and the return seems to be around 30k. Not sure if more on something higher end.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I’ve asked a few agents this same question and the return seems to be around 30k. Not sure if more on something higher end.

On higher end stuff a pool is probably great. On mid/lower end stuff (Sub $1M) in SoCal, It was a deal breaker for me on several houses I was interested in. I don't want the mandatory costs associated with a pool.

I have a 14' above ground pool for when it gets hot...not as nice, but serves the same purpose...and when I'm tired of babysitting it and paying to run the pump, I drain it, fold it up, and stick in the shed until next summer.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Your absolutly reading that wrong. Where did I say none of my customers are 100% satisfied, I said no contractor, including myself will have 100% satisfaction. Meaning out of say 100 customers your going to have at least 1 that isn’t happy about something ( time frame, finish, costs, workers, etc.. )

Oh ok gotcha. Makes sense

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Well.........I took the plunge, I signed a contract with Desert Storm Pools. The new guy in town. I will start a new thread on the build, I’m no baller, so don’t expect the most bitchin setup. But it will be nice for the Mrs and I.
Brian knows RDP, and I told him he has the potential of picking up business if he does me right. Lots of peps on here asking what pool company.
I’m #7 for his new company here in havasu. don’t say it I know. But his price and attitude was better than 4 others.
Oh FYI, he says Halloween it will be done.
The saga begins.

LLGirl

sometimes Mr. LLGril ;)
Reaction score
After getting pricing from four different pool builders in town, we ended up using SWP Pools (Steve Bopp). His work was great, price point excellent, and completed everything as promised and on schedule.

We have hired a number of different contractors in town, for various tasks, and almost all of them have been difficult to deal with. SWP Pools was excellent and the build went trouble free. We highly recommend him to everyone that is thinking about building a pool. He's built a few from referrals from us, and we've gotten great feedback from others as well.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Going to need to call this place
We have pull the trigger yet

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
After getting pricing from four different pool builders in town, we ended up using SWP Pools (Steve Bopp). His work was great, price point excellent, and completed everything as promised and on schedule.

We have hired a number of different contractors in town, for various tasks, and almost all of them have been difficult to deal with. SWP Pools was excellent and the build went trouble free. We highly recommend him to everyone that is thinking about building a pool. He's built a few from referrals from us, and we've gotten great feedback from others as well.

My neighbor is a stickler on construction and he told me to absolutely go with Steve for a pool in Havasu.

82daytona

Reaction score

We’re also using Steve and have heard lots of good things about him.

westair

Reaction score
Well.........I took the plunge, I signed a contract with Desert Storm Pools. The new guy in town. I will start a new thread on the build, I’m no baller, so don’t expect the most bitchin setup. But it will be nice for the Mrs and I.
Brian knows RDP, and I told him he has the potential of picking up business if he does me right. Lots of peps on here asking what pool company.
I’m #7 for his new company here in havasu. don’t say it I know. But his price and attitude was better than 4 others.
Oh FYI, he says Halloween it will be done.
The saga begins.
Keep us updated ….. I need to get a couple more bids

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I was once told, through the years the average cost of a new pool tends to follow closely with the average cost of a new car. Seems to be about right.

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Good luck! I just finished house that took twice as long as supposed to. In the middle of a pool that seen 1 day of work in 6 weeks. First guy I had that got a bid from and was ready to sign added 10k to the bid when he came by to get a check and sign. I asked wtf? He said we got so much going we have been adding 10k to bids and people are still doing them. And if you want it done in record time add another 10k. Lmao . I thought to myself economy is to strong sometimes... Oh well it’s good to see it bombing for all.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Good luck! I just finished house that took twice as long as supposed to. In the middle of a pool that seen 1 day of work in 6 weeks. First guy I had that got a bid from and was ready to sign added 10k to the bid when he came by to get a check and sign. I asked wtf? He said we got so much going we have been adding 10k to bids and people are still doing them. And if you want it done in record time add another 10k. Lmao . I thought to myself economy is to strong sometimes... Oh well it’s good to see it bombing for all.
Which pool guy was this ?
Good to know
No bad or good, just info on who