WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pool Fence

NicPaus

Reaction score
Need to add a fence around the pool at Mom's house. Nieces and Nephews are at that age and Sisters are worried about the pool when She baby sits. What do you have likes dislikes? Recommendations?

Going to re-plaster, new coping and tile in the next few weeks. Add it before hand or wait? If it goes into concrete outside of coping thinking add before so dogs or grandma do not fall in when empty.

propcheck

Reaction score
I originally went with a 48" high wrought iron around my pool and in my opinion was a waste of thousands. After my kids began climbing over it and opening it as they needed I tore it out and went with a catch a kid pool safety net. I am 100% satisfied with the product and personally believe it is the only method on the market that is truly safe and secure.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
VooDooPoolMan to the white courtesy phone. ;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Need to add a fence around the pool at Mom's house. Nieces and Nephews are at that age and Sisters are worried about the pool when She baby sits. What do you have likes dislikes? Recommendations?

Going to re-plaster, new coping and tile in the next few weeks. Add it before hand or wait? If it goes into concrete outside of coping thinking add before so dogs or grandma do not fall in when empty.
You have a fence in place the the guys will have to work around, they are gonna hate you! LoL

Want a used one? I took mine down ages ago. It's in the back of my old black truck.

It's one of the mesh deals that they drill the holes in the concrete for. It has two self closing doors. We paid almost 3k for it installed.

It served its purpose well. I was stoked to finally take it down!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have the removable mesh kind. I liked it because I could remove a section when the kids had a swim party and put it back up when they got out of the pool. I would take it down completely when we has an adult party. I took it down completely when the kids were old enough. But now I have a Lab that we couldn't keep out of the pool, so I put it back up. Even when I had it down, it was nice to have when relatives or friends came over that has small children.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My Aunt had one like this years ago. Looks simple to install and when outgrown just grout the holes in the concrete. It would be removed while working on the pool and days no work put it up. No looking for no wrought iron as it will not work for pool area. River neighbor has the net, never seen one but they say it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Ground-Pool-...F8&qid=1479705699&sr=8-18&keywords=pool+fence

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
My Aunt had one like this years ago. Looks simple to install and when outgrown just grout the holes in the concrete. It would be removed while working on the pool and days no work put it up. No looking for no wrought iron as it will not work for pool area. River neighbor has the net, never seen one but they say it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Ground-Pool-...F8&qid=1479705699&sr=8-18&keywords=pool+fence

Use that, you can install yourself. Drill anchor holes before or during pool work. Not installed during pool work, it will just be in the way or get crap on it. After pool done, install. Later kids get bigger remove it

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Buy the Baby Barrier fence and be done with it. They might be ugly but it will save a life. As most of you know I have built over 4000 pools and early on I was not a big fan of fences around pools. That all changed when I built a pool for a friend and one day his wife was talking on the phone and their son slipped out back and drowned. He was dead, not breathing, 10 minutes. Thank God he was revived at the hospital. Ever since I have been a huge advocate of fences, alarms....etc.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Is the pool a shape you can do a auto cover, and is it in the budget?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Is the pool a shape you can do a auto cover, and is it in the budget?

No it is odd shape with radius. Any extra in the budget would like to upgrade the filter and new heater to the one you mentioned a while back when I changed out the pump. Needs new coping I will do, chip out plaster might go quartz and bottom intake on pool upgraded to the new dual required need. new tile I will do. Mom wants it for Christmas and with all the new little ones 5 of them it is time. Concrete is not bad rather do her kitchen than go crazy with the pool. Plaster is bad and failing fast tile is busted up and coping is rough brick. Thanks.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Buy the Baby Barrier fence and be done with it. They might be ugly but it will save a life. As most of you know I have built over 4000 pools and early on I was not a big fan of fences around pools. That all changed when I built a pool for a friend and one day his wife was talking on the phone and their son slipped out back and drowned. He was dead, not breathing, 10 minutes. Thank God he was revived at the hospital. Ever since I have been a huge advocate of fences, alarms....etc.

River neighbor mentioned a family member drowning at 4 and I would rather fill it in before having that happen to my Nieces or Nephews. They love the water and getting good but not worth the risk, 3 2year olds a 4 year old and a 2 week old and 1 Damn Lucky Uncle.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
No it is odd shape with radius. Any extra in the budget would like to upgrade the filter and new heater to the one you mentioned a while back when I changed out the pump. Needs new coping I will do, chip out plaster might go quartz and bottom intake on pool upgraded to the new dual required need. new tile I will do. Mom wants it for Christmas and with all the new little ones 5 of them it is time. Concrete is not bad rather do her kitchen than go crazy with the pool. Plaster is bad and failing fast tile is busted up and coping is rough brick. Thanks.

I got a client that had a safety fence that's not in use anymore. Let me try and think of who it was and see if we can get it and will it fit. Its like the one Mello mentioned. I just go to think of who it was.

Filter and heater when your ready, do the main drain if your re doing the plaster for sure. I got some plaster subs in your area that are good and fairly well priced. I have one that is really good but expensive even at my contractor price if ya need any phone numbers.

Pools are a pain in the ass. :D:D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
We used all safe. I think it was like 500 bucks. For the record voodoo doesn't have a fence around his pool [emoji4]

NicPaus

Reaction score
I got a client that had a safety fence that's not in use anymore. Let me try and think of who it was and see if we can get it and will it fit. Its like the one Mello mentioned. I just go to think of who it was.

Filter and heater when your ready, do the main drain if your re doing the plaster for sure. I got some plaster subs in your area that are good and fairly well priced. I have one that is really good but expensive even at my contractor price if ya need any phone numbers.

Pools are a pain in the ass. :D:D

I still got your number will text you when ready. Thanks! Was over there earlier to see the kids and She was busting my balls as she mentioned it a while ago.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
I have the guardian removable pool fence its been good, and they're not that far if i need repairs

K-DOG

Reaction score
Expecting our first child in February and we have a pool so I will be exploring my options soon. I will most likely go with the mesh style that can be removed. Luckily with my backyard layout, I can get by with only gating a portion of the yard to block access to pool area instead of all the way around pool.