WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Poor man’s ice maker

thedan

Reaction score

I bought this because I don’t have a RO system in my place in Mohave Valley and the water is yellow/nasty/stinky/nasty/gross and has destroyed my refrigerator ice maker. I bought a few stackable water bottles at Walmart and fill at my local water dispenser.
It was 106° today and it filled overnight, and was full after my day in the boat. It is in my uninsulated boat barn. So far it is 1 bottle a day. I just have a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket for the drain. It’s been a great purchase.

cofooter

Reaction score
I like it, thanks for the tip!!!

thedan

Reaction score
It can also run off of a supply line.

wishiknew

Reaction score

I bought this because I don’t have a RO system in my place in Mohave Valley and the water is yellow/nasty/stinky/nasty/gross and has destroyed my refrigerator ice maker. I bought a few stackable water bottles at Walmart and fill at my local water dispenser.
It was 106° today and it filled overnight, and was full after my day in the boat. It is in my uninsulated boat barn. So far it is 1 bottle a day. I just have a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket for the drain. It’s been a great purchase.
Is that Indian water or do you have a well??

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

So 5 gallons a day? Was just talking to a buddy about this exact one.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Bunch of ballers up in here. This is a poor man’s ice maker. 😔
IMG_2371.png

69hondo

Reaction score
I have bought the exact same one a couple weeks ago and it seems to be doing great. Even drain mine in the HD bucket as well. LOL

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Could you run a little sump pump in the drain bucket and pump it back up to the top bucket?

I have a condensate pump connected to my ice machine. Holds about about 1/2gal or so before it triggers to pump. Discharge that back into another bottle. You might get 5gal back for every 15 gal used. Depending how face the ice is melting.

I’m sure its melting pretty fast in a non cooled and no isolated boat barn.

outboard_256

Reaction score
I have a condensate pump connected to my ice machine. Holds about about 1/2gal or so before it triggers to pump. Discharge that back into another bottle. You might get 5gal back for every 15 gal used. Depending how face the ice is melting.

I’m sure its melting pretty fast in a non cooled and no isolated boat barn.

Do you think you could store this outside if you put a bbq cover on it?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Do you think you could store this outside if you put a bbq cover on it?
I don’t have this one and mine is a 350 lbs a day unit that is plumed in but not for a drain.
Mine is in a Wearhouse had in the summer it will melt pretty good, so I would assume ice wouldn’t last long in the AZ summer.

With ice machines water flows over a cooling plate and builds up with constant water flowing over them once it get to size and the plate heats to dislodge the ice, then cycles again.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Buyer beware Vevor makes shitty knockoff's of EVERYTHING big brand's make kinda like the Harbor freight appliances. Not sure if they will make the long haul or not

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Interesting.
It says 40# a day but the tray only holds 2.4#?
How long does 2.3 quart reservoir last?
Says 15 minutes per load
15 minutes depending on how thick you want the cubes. 2 1/2 lbs are plenty for me in a day but I also keep a supply in the freezer. It works a hell of a lot better that the ice maker in my fridge.

Last edited:

Travmon

Reaction score
WOW, strange timing on this thread . So three or four weeks ago I bought a bunch of vevor stuff at a online warehouse auction . Not sure the back story on who’s it was or why it was all at a no reserve auction. But they had about 50 of those ice makers new in crates that all went for around 400.00 . I spent about 3000.00 and ended up with 4 mag drills , 3 concrete floor sanders , 3 tubing rollers for square and round tubing all new in crates. I dont know how in todays world you can ship these benders with 17 dies around the globe so that i can pay 600.00 bucks for them is beyond me. I only need one of each but am hoping to get mine free when i sell the rest 😎. I have used the mag drill and i was impressed. The rest can be disposable if i get my couple uses out of them.
Shitty timing I new I should have just bought a trailer load of those ice makers and ran them down.
IMG_0546.jpeg
IMG_0552.jpeg
IMG_0551.jpeg
IMG_0550.jpeg
IMG_0547.jpeg
IMG_0548.jpeg

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
WOW, strange timing on this thread . So three or four weeks ago I bought a bunch of vevor stuff at a online warehouse auction . Not sure the back story on who’s it was or why it was all at a no reserve auction. But they had about 50 of those ice makers new in crates that all went for around 400.00 . I spent about 3000.00 and ended up with 4 mag drills , 3 concrete floor sanders , 3 tubing rollers for square and round tubing all new in crates. I dont know how in todays world you can ship these benders with 17 dies around the globe so that i can pay 600.00 bucks for them is beyond me. I only need one of each but am hoping to get mine free when i sell the rest 😎. I have used the mag drill and i was impressed. The rest can be disposable if i get my couple uses out of them.
Shitty timing I new I should have just bought a trailer load of those ice makers and ran them down. View attachment 1238637 View attachment 1238638 View attachment 1238639 View attachment 1238640 View attachment 1238641 View attachment 1238642
What do you want for a mag drill?

Travmon

Reaction score
What do you want for a mag drill?
I didnt get a great deal on those i will see Around 300.00 and i think they are that or less on line. Those i bought because for years ie been trying to buy a good one and they are spendy. They were all separate bids I paid different prices for each. I will see what they cost me

thedan

Reaction score
I forgot to post that Sam’s Club has these 4 gallon CRV disposable water bottles for $5.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    556.5 KB · Views: 11