WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Porch pirates at it again

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Two items stolen from us on Monday. Watch out guys. If I could I would shoot em! Don’t steal my shit!!!!!

HCP3

Reaction score
Doorbell cameras are a must in this day and age. Not foolproof, but better than giving thieves a free pass.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Doorbell cameras are a must in this day and age. Not foolproof, but better than giving thieves a free pass.
Yep, just told my wife we need to get one now. At least I could turn a picture over to the police

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I would argue just get a couple actual cameras and hang them on the eaves of your garage so you can see everything. Not just the pirate, but the car they are using, etc. It is not much more than a doorbell cam.

You’ll get a million alerts, notifications etc going to and from your cars, But the doorbell cam is quick and easy and better than nothing.

On the flip side, it’s CA, the cops won’t do crap.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I put up a cheapy harbor freight cam system at my river pad.. $200.. Alerts my phone..mic etc.. Still working great 3 years later.. Id be a total wreck without it worrying all the time..

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I would argue just get a couple actual cameras and hang them on the eaves of your garage so you can see everything. Not just the pirate, but the car they are using, etc. It is not much more than a doorbell cam.

You’ll get a million alerts, notifications etc going to and from your cars, But the doorbell cam is quick and easy and better than nothing.

On the flip side, it’s CA, the cops won’t do crap.
Yes I need some cameras now. You have been to my house so you know.

I figured the cops won’t do anything. Figured a picture might help them. They likely don’t care tho. I was thinking about a PO Box. Might help. Especially since we are always receiving items every week

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Gets worse every year. :mad:

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I live in a guard gated community in Irvine and while it has some draw backs I’ve never felt safer anywhere that I’ve lived. Its almost weird safe... lol...Behind the gates I feel extremely buffered from the riffraff and the unwashed. We receive a lot of Amazon packages and I’ve had stuff on my porch that was delivered on Friday that sat there all weekend until I got home late Sunday night. Like I said it has some drawbacks, I refer to it as “community in a box” because every detail of the community was drawn on paper prior to construction. The houses perfectly blend together with well thought out landscaping, etc... not really my cup of tea but I do feel incredibly safe and buffered from the monsters. Lol...

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Up here it's not so much porch pirates, it's assbites ripping the back off of the mail box clusters and package lockers

Riverfamlee

Reaction score

We see people posting everyday on the ring app. Most will cover their face and some don't give a shit. I would love to beat the shit out of one these fuckers

We got hit a few years ago, saw the lady (on the ring) pull up in our driveway like it was her house. Grabbed the package and jumped in her car and split. Funny thing was we found empty amazon boxes thrown in our driveway with a different address. Took us a while to figure it all out but she would dump her prior box at each stop.

2Driver

Reaction score
Theres money to be made for a solution to this.

Guess we all need a fridge size steel container with a one way door or something. Sad

i like the exploding bait box, but youll be the one being sued and arrested I suppose.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I figured the cops won’t do anything. Figured a picture might help them. They likely don’t care tho. I was thinking about a PO Box. Might help. Especially since we are always receiving items every week

Actually scratch the cameras. Just set up a motion activated water cannon.

https://www.amazon.com/Orbit-62100-...ocphy=9031562&hvtargid=pla-375566648157&psc=1

Capture.JPG

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score

My old neighbor has a big bench/box on his front porch with a padlock that he leaves unlocked when he's expecting deliveries. There is a note on the door for the delivery driver to put the package in the bench and lock the pad lock. It works most of the time

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
And if its not the porch pirates its the Amazon Driver! Replacement Airpods set to be delivered this Sat. Hope its the same driver that stole my first set!

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
exactly why we have Arlo Cameras at our house

Ok, so you catch someone on camera stealing your shit. Now what? They are long gone and now you have to call the cops and tell them my bla bla bla got ripped off. They will ask the $$ value and probably laugh at most of it.

Don't get me wrong, I will be adding cameras soon as well because the ring doesn't mean shit to them. Just don't think it will solve the issue. These bastards are getting bolder and bolder

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Around here, people steal the damn RING cameras too

Yep, pretty common. Another item for thieves to target.

If cops won’t do anything about petty package theft, what’s the point in spending money to watch a thief steal from your property as they wave to your cameras? I can see spending money for cameras if home/car burglary was happening.

I’d redirect packages for P/U at UPS/FedEx facility, Amazon storage box, or your work (if possible).

Thieves suck!

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Honestly, cameras are great, but when you're 15 minutes away (or more in many cases), all it does it show you that your stuff got stolen. Ship everything to work, or your girls' work, or your buddy...somewhere where there is always someone there to receive it. I won't ship anything to the house, ever.

Dylan

Reaction score
Cameras are nice to verify the delivery. I have had the amazon drivers say it was delivered, and they never came to the door or attempted delivery.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Yea I am gonna start shipping everything to work again.

Dana757

Reaction score
Our business ships most items. I have to replace an item that show delivered but they didn't get at lest one a week.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

send packages to your work. Cops won’t do anything about this and even if they did there is no repercussions anymore.

Sad that it’s this way now.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I always have purchased items delivered to my work address.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So what happens in this case? You have to purchase again?

500bbc

Reaction score
Cameras are worthless for thieves, especially in Cali. You do get to see the scumbag but that's it.
I had a client with a two acre estate here that was nearly invisible from the street, tall gates and fencing.
Scumbags pull up in their car, climb up on the short decorative wall at the gate, smile and wave into the camera, then steal the camera.:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Cameras are worthless for thieves, especially in Cali. You do get to see the scumbag but that's it.
I had a client with a two acre estate here that was nearly invisible from the street, tall gates and fencing.
Scumbags pull up in their car, climb up on the short decorative wall at the gate, smile and wave into the camera, then steal the camera.:D

Hahahah!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So what happens in this case? You have to purchase again?
So the two packages, one was my wife’s the company sent her a replacement no cost (low dollar)

mine I had to rebuy and they covered shipping. I’m out 60$

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I can’t for the life of me understand how cameras help? The police won’t go after these people. 99% of cameras can’t catch a license plate anyway. Again, even if it did the cops aren’t gonna find the thief’s and book’em anyway. I was at a friends house for a few days and the dam ring camera was going off all day. Wind, tree branches, bird goes by and her phone chimes. No thanks. I just have shit delivered to my office.

Bojingles

Reaction score
Doorbell camera time! I just picked up a couple and they're pretty handy. For something like your case though you may want an actual camera to deter them. The doorbell cam is more stealth than deterrent.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Crappy situation for sure but what about having your personal packages delivered to work?

j21black

Reaction score
I can’t for the life of me understand how cameras help? The police won’t go after these people. 99% of cameras can’t catch a license plate anyway. Again, even if it did the cops aren’t gonna find the thief’s and book’em anyway. I was at a friends house for a few days and the dam ring camera was going off all day. Wind, tree branches, bird goes by and her phone chimes. No thanks. I just have shit delivered to my office.

You can turn off notifications. I’ve never had mine on.

I have 2 systems totaling 12 cameras.

Fixing to add another system with 6 to 8 more cameras.

Only check them if needed. If a package shows delivered and it was not, you go check the cameras.

Someone opens the gates to your horses one night, go check the cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j21black

Reaction score
I like his methodology, he just needs to be more discreet and the brains to not do it at your place of business

Right and he should have burnt his house down too, beat up his mom since she brought him into this world as well, and maybe a couple other things, since he was going to jail anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

If you're gonna do a box just do the amazon drop box program.

Last edited:

84miller

Reaction score
Keep a box you receive. Get some dog shit and a spring, place in said box, tape and put on porch.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I put up a cheapy harbor freight cam system at my river pad.. $200.. Alerts my phone..mic etc.. Still working great 3 years later.. Id be a total wreck without it worrying all the time..
I added 3 Arlo’s to HF cams and 8 torch lights going to add 8 more lights

SoCalDave

Reaction score
That glitter bomb was the best, that shit will be in those cars until they're taken to the scrap yard.