WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PORTLAND.... WHEN DO THEY GET SERIOUS?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
So as I sit here in Havasu (got here today) and enjoy the freedoms, I check the news at home. Cannot move soon enough.
IMG_4087.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
A few nights ago they set fire to the ICE building, with people inside. Trying to trap them. Only saw it on one news source, an LE sight.
I liked Portland when I'd be up there for the car swap. Neat, old school feel to the architecture and the town itself. Been 15 years. Maybe the people changed, or I just didn't pay attention to them :(

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Get out NOW!!!! Leaving Portland was the best thing I have ever done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get it. It got a bit more complicated when I decided to get engaged this year, but she’s quickly coming to my side. We live in Camas and love it, but it’s only a matter of time before the BS invades here too.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Here is the systemically racist Portland chief of police that has instructed his henchmen to go out and hunt down all black people.

079A71EE-F2A7-4915-B1C7-896812AC1F67.png

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
And in other news.. the mayor of Oregon can’t figure out why there have been 20 homocides this year so far, so he wants $2M to use for outreach to combat gun violence after defunding the cops by $16M last year.
Last year was the highest homocide rate in 25 years years in Portland.. and they only had 1 homicide to mid April. Shaping up to be a banner year for @squeezer and his daughter.

Reddy Too

Reaction score
I get it. It got a bit more complicated when I decided to get engaged this year, but she’s quickly coming to my side. We live in Camas and love it, but it’s only a matter of time before the BS invades here too.

Columbia River is friend. The threat to Camas is not Oregon it‘s Vancouver. Washougal has functional ramp.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My Lib BIL lives within a nest of liberals in Vancouver.

Sandlord

Reaction score
My Lib BIL lives within a nest of liberals in Vancouver.

My snowbird next door neighbors from Vancouver are not going back.
and we have some friends from Vancouver, who have been there for generations, moving to Surprise.
I’m glad they are all conservatives.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Is this the equivalent of disgruntled Oregon people telling ol" Joe and his "Band of Liberal Pukes" to Fuck off? ;) 👍👍

21st century secession: This state's residents want out to join another state
A group wants a ballot measure to remove at least 19 counties from Oregon.

1618754015624.png

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
You would think that downtown Portland would be rubble by now.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Funny thing, if I ran up to police HQ here with a flaming incendiary device, it would be the last thing I did, ever. I expect no less from the rest of the country.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
^^^couldn't that enable a doer/suer enterprise? Like, riot successfully and overwhelm the constabulary, then turn around and sue for something your own enterprise put into motion? or maybe precipitate the opposite, where the police become so intimately tied to city vulnerability that they become overwhelmingly empowered..a local 'police state'? sounds ballsy either way...we will see how this pans out.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
^^^couldn't that enable a doer/suer enterprise? Like, riot successfully and overwhelm the constabulary, then turn around and sue for something your own enterprise put into motion? or maybe precipitate the opposite, where the police become so intimately tied to city vulnerability that they become overwhelmingly empowered..a local 'police state'? sounds ballsy either way...we will see how this pans out.

Please stop

Hoodoo

Reaction score

Backlash

Reaction score
Sorry, but that old man should have kept on driving once he was clear of that crowd. I'm not condoning the actions of those other assholes, but that was pretty dumb on his part to charge at that angry mob. Glad he survived.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I have been busy, but they have been rioting and burning shit 4-5 nights a week still. It’s basically normal at this point.

Un
Fucking
Real

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Looks like a great place to take your family on a summer vacation - Squeezer

SixD9R

Reaction score
I’m sure those heroes were on the edge for a long time now and one of their own getting indicted for doing his or her job was the breaking point. I don’t blame them one bit.

It’s sad though, because no one wins there. Maybe pantifa or blm did but certainly not the residents, businesses and tax payers of Portland.

samsah33

Reaction score
Life imitating art...
"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.

We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!"