WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

POS 7.3...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So my turn signals quit working right. After a quick diagnosis, it looked like the column TS switch was bad. Ordered a new one and went to install it today...

Turned out the connector at the switch was bad! It wasn't holding the wires into the switch, and the wires backed out.

Someone had been in there prior to me and had broken the tabs off the connector. Idiots.

Fixed for now, but I'll now have to replace the connector.

This is the THIRD freaking time in twenty years, I've had to work on this truck!!!

What a pile. 😝

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So my turn signals quit working right. After a quick diagnosis, it looked like the column TS switch was bad. Ordered a new one and went to install it today...

Turned out the connector at the switch was bad! It wasn't holding the wires into the switch, and the wires backed out.

Someone had been in there prior to me and had broken the tabs off the connector. Idiots.

Fixed for now, but I'll now have to replace the connector.

This is the THIRD freaking time in twenty years, I've had to work on this truck!!!

What a pile. 😝

Just make sure yore emergency flashers work. That's the most common thing needed with a Ford ;)

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
If you had got the gas version rather than the 7.3 the turn signal would still be working correctly. 😁 👍

cofooter

Reaction score
I still kinda regret selling my very slightly rotted out 2001 7.3 to my buddies kid 3 yrs ago with 244K miles for $5K. My maintenace was not unlike yours. Bulletproof truck that I could have traded for a small condo today, lol. Or driven to 500K+

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
How GM intends to fill the wheel well openings on their trucks.

HH
1628128287890.png

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I thought all you Cali folks get a new truck every year or at least when your neighbor gets one.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I dig the back-and-forth between the Ford and the Chevy guys, isn’t it time for a 12 valver to show up and claim to be King?😂

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Obviously you never drove a 6.2 or a 6.9.😂

I have. But I don’t see people humping their legs

I have a class A and anything made by international is basically huge chunk of shit.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I have. But I don’t see people humping their legs

I have a class A and anything made by international is basically huge chunk of shit.
I have a class A also and they’re all junk! 😂

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I have a class A also and they’re all junk! 😂
Lol true but my 2020 LT doesn’t even want to have a international under the hood. Thank god the tractor has a x15 Cumming so least when it breaks it’s not the Cummins fault lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
About as ridiculous as putting jet bote and fast in the same sentence.
I’m still kicking myself for selling my 7.3, should have kept it and put a truck camper on it.

Oh don't worry...

He will be along any minute to tell us about his wicked fast jet bote! That is if he ever gets it running. 😉

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Oh don't worry...

He will be along any minute to tell us about his wicked fast jet bote! That is if he ever gets it running. 😉
Wait how is my jet botë getting dragged into that a 7.3 is an over rated turd.