WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possible Hit and Run Near River Lodge.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from the gravity of the situation...but am I the only one who finds it odd that the guy that got hit can positively identify the boat when the only part he probably got a good look at is the bottom? According to the FB posts...LEO showed up and spoke with the guy at the park...then left. If foul play or intoxication was an issue...I’m pretty sure there would have been a bit more involved during that contact.

Last edited:

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from the gravity of the situation...but am I the only one who finds it odd that the guy that got hit can positively identify the boat when the only part he probably got a good at is the bottom? According to the FB posts...LEO showed up and spoke with the guy at the park...then left. If foul play or intoxication was an issue...I’m pretty sure there would have been a bit more involved during that contact.
A friend of somebody who was on the boat sent him the info. The only way 10 people could keep a secret is if nine of them are dead.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
A friend of somebody who was on the boat sent him the info. The only way 10 people could keep a secret is if nine of them are dead.
You are so correct I thought from the start of this, no way no how is everyone going to keep quiet. Unless everyone didn’t understand what happen. But its now clear they did unless they found out second hand after the accident?

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Crazy. I don’t recognize that boat at all, and I live on the river, boat on the river multiple times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m blown away at the original description to current pics. Wasn’t it a Black and Tan boat with wood inserts deck cigarette offshore boat, to this.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
How does this boat even come close to the original description,other than a full bimini?
I hope the truth comes out in the end , but this doesn't even look close to what was described.
Just like anything these days. Everyone is so quick to get the story out when there are no facts. The original description of the boat was questionable to begin with. First it was a Magic, then a Nordic........the colors on the front and back?? It was weird.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cofooter

Reaction score
I hope so too!. Sun glare, panic, terror, etc clouded their recollection, I am sure. The fact that is the only boat hauling ass down river right after the accident is another telling clue.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Crazy. I don’t recognize that boat at all, and I live on the river, boat on the river multiple times a week.

Same here, and most of the boats in Parker parade past my house.

buck35

Reaction score
Just like anything these days. Everyone is so quick to get the story out when there are no facts. The original description of the boat was questionable to begin with. First it was a Magic, then a Nordic........the colors on the front and back?? It was weird.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If he's guilty,then so be it ,but you don't want to hang an innocent person either.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Looks like he is anchored at Big Bend, maybe? Someone there has got to have seen the boat.
He was a camper at big bend not a owner. He could of also left big bend before jims camera caught him. I think yellow would be the easiest color to spot from one of the many original eyewitness accounts.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I don't remember ever seeing this particular Wildcat around Havasu either, but I don't think the description is all that bad from someone that might not be as familiar with boats as most of us are. It's a similar type hull, full bimini's, some sort of flames or fire on the side and black front and back.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I don't remember ever seeing this particular Wildcat around Havasu either, but I don't think the description is all that bad from someone that might not be as familiar with boats as most of us are. It's a similar type hull, full bimini's, some sort of flames or fire on the side and black front and back.
Capture.JPG

Backlash

Reaction score
Should ban towables North of Foxes.

More regulations? Uhhh, no. People just need to pay attention. We've been boating the Parker Strip for over 20 years (And other bodies of water for far longer than that!), and have routinely towed people skiing, wakeboarding, etc. up and down the entire Strip without a problem. This was absolutely a catastrophic incident, but in my opinion, something that could happen anywhere on any body of water if people dont have their heads on a swivel.

SternDrive

Reaction score
More regulations? Uhhh, no. People just need to pay attention. We've been boating the Parker Strip for over 20 years (And other bodies of water for far longer than that!), and have routinely towed people skiing, wakeboarding, etc. up and down the entire Strip without a problem. This was absolutely a catastrophic incident, but in my opinion, something that could happen anywhere on any body of water if people dont have their heads on a swivel.
They don't allow towing on Havasu just north of the lake. Same reasoning here. Traffic on the river is increasing and it narrows significantly north of foxes. It still leaves the widest parts of the strip open for towing.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have seen people tube past the rock pile, just about where this accident happened, the water is swift and super narrow. Seen a guy loose his riders just above rock pile, before he could do anything ski rope wrapped around buoy next to rock pile as he floated down river. The rope got tight and pulled the rear of his boat down and sunk his boat in about 2 minutes. We helped pick up all the people, ice chests and everything else floating.

mobldj

Reaction score
I have seen people tube past the rock pile, just about where this accident happened, the water is swift and super narrow. Seen a guy loose his riders just above rock pile, before he could do anything ski rope wrapped around buoy next to rock pile as he floated down river. The rope got tight and pulled the rear of his boat down and sunk his boat in about 2 minutes. We helped pick up all the people, ice chests and everything else floating.
sometimes i take the golf cart out to the peninsula at river lodge and watch the shit show right there at the reef and bend.add into that the entrance to river lodge marina and site 6 aint got shit on that.its like playing chicken on the water......

boatnam2

Reaction score
sometimes i take the golf cart out to the peninsula at river lodge and watch the shit show right there at the reef and bend.add into that the entrance to river lodge marina and site 6 aint got shit on that.its like playing chicken on the water......
Sketchville for sure, i love the guy that comes hauling ass around the corner and just don't know if he should go left or right.

Backlash

Reaction score
They don't allow towing on Havasu just north of the lake. Same reasoning here. Traffic on the river is increasing and it narrows significantly north of foxes. It still leaves the widest parts of the strip open for towing.

Not going to argue with you Sir. You tow where you're comfortable and we'll do the same. I just don't think we need any more regulations "Just because." 👍

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have boated on Parke strip about a dozen times. That rock pile and the bend right there gives me a very uncomfortable feeling. To be honest, I wait for another boat to go through and then I follow them.

hallett21

Reaction score

Skiing there has been illegal for a long time due to it being a wild life preserve. There are areas of that section that are wider than above topock where skiing is allowed

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
They just posted the CF numbers on fb.

BingerFang

Reaction score
found after some extensive digging..... I sent it to the victim on FB.

I know they already have the CF numbers from the boat but I'm sure someone could enhance the license plate number as well.

30086927_2267096916634625_4542787235396714496_n.jpg

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Its been a really busy season here in Parker. Most regular weekends are like holiday weekends of the past. Even during the week there were still lots of people here. There were the three accidents on the docks north of Foxs in a week. More accidents then I can ever remember in a summer.

Id say some of that is crowded conditions, some of it is navigating wake surf wakes. Some of it just people thinking they can drink and drive with no consequences. Im not a drinking nazi either. Have a couple beers. Enjoy your day. Go home and get tuned up after. You get these people that come here and think they are 18 again on spring break.

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
I think with CRIT closing access to the river south of Parker, that decision forced a large number of boaters to come up to Parker. That's fine, but in my opinion, that's what helped add to the increased number of boaters on the Strip.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I think with CRIT closing access to the river south of Parker, that decision forced a large number of boaters to come up to Parker. That's fine, but in my opinion, that's what helped add to the increased number of boaters on the Strip.

Everyone that I know went further south. I pretty much refused to boat on a weekend wile CRIT had the river closed. I had extremely smooth water on saturday and enjoyed driving my boat again. I love the vibe of Parker, hate the traffic

SS-C

Reaction score
found after some extensive digging..... I sent it to the victim on FB.

I know they already have the CF numbers from the boat but I'm sure someone could enhance the license plate number as well.

That’s the Laughlin Tropicana Hotel in the background.

Wow, so the guy was in Laughlin at some point too.

Weird you stumbled upon his rig there; he must have been all over the place.

When did you take that picture?

?
The Boat.JPG

boatnam2

Reaction score
Million dollar question and i still have to believe in my heart, the guy didn't see anything and keep going. In the pic it looks like people are on front of the boat including kids and maybe he couldn't see well.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Million dollar question and i still have to believe in my heart, the guy didn't see anything and keep going. In the pic it looks like people are on front of the boat including kids and maybe he couldn't see well.
Kinda was my thought also and they found out second hand later? Given it was 5 or so he could have loaded up and been off the water? Thus was not seen again.
Also let’s be sure the guy listed still owns the boat and was driving FB picture showed a tag that’s not current.
All that said, whoever was at the wheel would / should have come forward by now.
Not defending any actions, just saying.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I think the guy knew he hit something or there was a question... didn't someone say in this thread that someone in the deck boat turned in the description? If so sounds like there was a discussion onboard the deckboat after the incident and not everyone was under the same impression of clear sailing..

NicPaus

Reaction score
It was also posted La Paz Sherriff talked to him right after at Big Bend. He was pointed out as driver when they asked whose boat it was.

cofooter

Reaction score
It was also posted La Paz Sherriff talked to him right after at Big Bend. He was pointed out as driver when they asked whose boat it was.
He does not look like a fat, older bald headed guy with white goatee as described by a witness, then again the boat does not look like witnesses descriptions either.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Pretty amazing what info you can find with social media these days, 10 years ago this is just another run of the mill someone got run over and only the people involved and the cops know about it.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I'm really impressed with you guys taking the time to do this detective work! If a family member, friend or I had something like this happen to them, I would be blown away by the support. Not easy to find nowadays...

cofooter

Reaction score
The GF of the hurt kid is now saying that someone on the actual boat called the cops and ratted this guy out, guess with all the social media they were feeling the heat/remorse. Glad that there will be some closure on this whatever it is.

montaj629

Reaction score
Hope someone has actually reached out to the investigating agency with this info.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I just hope this is the right guy. Judge jury and executioner on social media. Don’t get me wrong, I want the guy caught. But last I checked we are still in the USA. ( I know , it’s hard to tell these days).

BingerFang

Reaction score
That’s the Laughlin Tropicana Hotel in the background.

Wow, so the guy was in Laughlin at some point too.

Weird you stumbled upon his rig there; he must have been all over the place.

When did you take that picture?

? View attachment 922444

I didn’t take that photo it was posted on his Instagram a few years ago.