WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possible Parker Strip Incident?

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I can not just dump the throttle on my DiMarco flat. You have to ease off the throttle at the end of the run. If not, it will dump the nose and try and stop right now. I broke a prop doing about 115 and it was all I could do to hang on. At the same time my right foot pinned the throttle and the boat was stopping so hard I could not pull my foot off. The tattle tale on the tach showed over 10,000rpms. When that happened, it pulled the propshaft out of the vdrive just like the picture and turned the shaft into a pretzel. One other time the throttle stuck when I tried letting off so I pulled the kill switch. That was another hang the fuk on moment. I have been told that they do that if they have rocker and when you let off it rolls over off the rocker. I am not sure if this boat was the same, but if the shaft pulled out and stopped forward momentum, that would cause the nose to drop like it did.

Would the fact that the bow dropped like it did, cause the tail to lift and fracture the hull the way it did? I also feel that boat was going faster than 70mph.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Moving to rehab is a good sign. Don't know the extent of the injuries, but being in ICU this long means fairly serious. He still has a long road, but has made a good turn.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Copy paste from FB:

This is an update on mitch McDaniel
Turned his boat over in that crash in parker a few weeks ago.
Learning to walk again with help and has no use of his arms and hands and will be in rehab till minimum end of February. It doesn't sound real promising but at least one would think anything is an improvement over that horrific crash.
That run some believe was in honor of his father who died on that same day two years ago. Ironic isnt it!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Copy paste from FB:

Learning to walk again with help and has no use of his arms and hands and will be in rehab till minimum end of February. It doesn't sound real promising but at least one would think anything is an improvement over that horrific crash.
That run some believe was in honor of his father who died on that same day two years ago. Ironic isnt it!

OMG...

Duramax

Reaction score
Copy paste from FB:

Damn..

Sherpa

Reaction score
There have always been stories of a fresh water manatee living in Parker with some prop strikes on it's back. I believe it.

View attachment 947825
alright you idiots!

they're already trying to ban boats from california who are returning from boating in Havasu!

so they check us for quagga mussels!

NOW, THEY'RE GONNA START CHECKING CALIFORNIA BOATS FOR WAYWARD ARIZONA MANATEES!!!!1

OH THE HORROR!

--LOL.. Sherpa

Deckin Around

Reaction score
alright you idiots!

they're already trying to ban boats from california who are returning from boating in Havasu!

so they check us for quagga mussels!

NOW, THEY'RE GONNA START CHECKING CALIFORNIA BOATS FOR WAYWARD ARIZONA MANATEES!!!!1

OH THE HORROR!

--LOL.. Sherpa
Honestly I forgot I wrote that. 😂Definitely the biggest trolling post in my Internet career

Sherpa

Reaction score
hook
line
and
sinker.!

I ate the whole rig....... lol..

-Sherpa

I hope the boat driver is on his way to recovery..

wzuber

Reaction score
Copy paste from FB:

Good to hear there's positive progress on his condition. I'm sure he and his family are feeling some relief they certainly deserve it. Thx for update.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
No use of his Hands and Arms!!, is this a permanent condition or can work out of it.:(

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
No use of his Hands and Arms!!, is this a permanent condition or can work out of it.:(
Don't know about his spinal issues in particular. When I broke my neck, C2,C3 and C4 were all fukered up. The way my neck took the force, it really damaged the nerves going to my left arm. I had limited feeling, and no use for a few months. At some point, I could wiggle my finger, and then fingers. At 6 or 7 months, I was able to bend my arm, some bicep use. Now, at 15 and a 1/2 years later, I have about 70% strength and use in that arm. It's a mind fuk for those of us that made a living with our hands.

It's sad to hear he's walking with help, and can't use his arms. It's a good sign, but still stepping stones. For me, it was weeks before I could walk. Having to learn again is mentally harder than most anything I had dealt with. Part of you feels relieved, because you know it's progress. Another part of you wants to breakdown and cry, because you took it for granted, you always could.

My heart really goes out to the guy. It's a hard road. The worst part is, you constantly hear people say how much worse it could have been, or telling you your progress may stop. They may say "you'll have to learn to deal with that." Lots of time in your own head. I pray his strength comes back to his mind first. Physically, that can sort itself in time.