WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possible Stolen/Abandoned?

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
So on Facebook on River Whips they're discussing the possibility that this boat may have been stolen, abandoned apparently it's in Cali somewhere? Reg Numbers are AZ 5775 AM

Post on FB RiverWhips
"Is this anyones Cole? Its sitting on a street by itself with flat tires, no truck around and the business it's in front of looks closed. Looks like it might have gotten dumped there."

COLE.jpg

This link might take you to the posting if you're on FB. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=gm.2036318119814755&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Figured with the RDP brain trust, someone might be able to help.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Looks like one of the side streets off of Foothill near Maclay

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
rumor says meter maid has to nab it and then it'll be towed, probably impounded and it'll sit there to rot forever. i wouldnt mind grabbing it and holding it for the owner if we could find out where it is. i can bring a compressor or a whole set of tires.

Mototrig

Reaction score
rumor says meter maid has to nab it and then it'll be towed, probably impounded and it'll sit there to rot forever. i wouldnt mind grabbing it and holding it for the owner if we could find out where it is. i can bring a compressor or a whole set of tires.
Do it!! I won't tell

traquer

Reaction score
Looks like a nice boat. Sad to see it like that.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Do it!! I won't tell

lol wont tell. you think the wife will let me have 2 boats? if i bring another boat home with my name on it, it better have a cabin cuz ill be living in it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thats not a cheap boat by any means, coles are pretty sought after and bring top dollar. Bizarre. At least the cover isnt chained on like that other one that was spotted being towed after it had been stolen.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
..: maybe I will take a run over there except I’m in the middle of a good movie maybe later

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Tongue jack wheel looks legit! I’m sure it’s somebody’s baby. Wiped down AND detailed after every use. Stored indoors all it’s life, and like every boat for sale ad on here, “I know the owner and he’s meticulous with his stuff”.

cnj

Reaction score
Looks a bit like my old Ultra. For about a half second there.............
Ultra.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
You packing? Sketchy as hell over there at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...never pack...I heard if you shoot somebody you have to fill out the why I shot em form???... but I could be wrong???...

rickym20

Reaction score
Not the same Cole, that pic you posted doesn't display all the colors. Here's another pic from the same ad, colors aren't the same as the abandoned one.

View attachment 723770
I was messing with you guys...:D. All Good

That one in the ad is in perfect condition and has a owner that takes pride in his equipment.

Reaction score
I've seen this before. Someone bought a boat for a great deal. Tried to tow it home. Tires are 30 years old, and won't hold air. Boat hasn't been started for 15 years.

Taboma

Reaction score
I was messing with you guys...:D. All Good

That one in the ad is in perfect condition and has a owner that takes pride in his equipment.

Yes, if the pics are current representation, that's a very nice example of a 20 yo Cole. One thing I can't tell by the pics but I'm curious about. My 98' Nighthawk (Based on the mold used), is labeled on the hull as a " 220 " under the Cole label on the stern quarter. Jim decided to call it a 220 to coincide with his release of the 250S. I've always wondered if mine is the only NH re-named as such, or if he continued that with subsequent builds ? o_O

Taboma

Reaction score
I've seen this before. Someone bought a boat for a great deal. Tried to tow it home. Tires are 30 years old, and won't hold air. Boat hasn't been started for 15 years.

HA HA --- so happens the tires under my Cole are only 21 years old :eek:, but other than the tow from Chatsworth to Havasu, there's no wear, they still hold air and roll fine those 40 mph max, 3 miles from my garage to a from the launch ramp :p Problem is finding a suitable replacement. Jim liked the low-riderish trailer look, so they're some low profile car tire I'm not even sure they still make. Since those tires have rarely if ever seen the sun, they still appear new, but I wouldn't trust em over 40 for sure :eek:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
So somebody possibly has some trouble towing (possible trailer issue) or maybe just needed half a day to set it somewhere and the riverdaves brain trust jumps to action and steals it from where it sits. Brilliant. lol

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
FB post says.
Boat isn’t stolen. Owner went through some tuff times and it was up for repo. It has been in a backyard under a tree half covered for 10 years. It’s a sad story for the owner and boat.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
HA HA --- so happens the tires under my Cole are only 21 years old :eek:, but other than the tow from Chatsworth to Havasu, there's no wear, they still hold air and roll fine those 40 mph max, 3 miles from my garage to a from the launch ramp :p Problem is finding a suitable replacement. Jim liked the low-riderish trailer look, so they're some low profile car tire I'm not even sure they still make. Since those tires have rarely if ever seen the sun, they still appear new, but I wouldn't trust em over 40 for sure :eek:

What size are they?

They see plenty of sun sitting on the ramp in 100 plus temps.

Taboma

Reaction score
What size are they?

They see plenty of sun sitting on the ramp in 100 plus temps.
I don't remember what size they are, just put air in em the past 21 years, lol :p I'll have to write it down next time we're back at Havasu.
They're very low profile, yet much wider than you'd expect for that smallish diameter and certainly not a trailer tire. Look like a radial car tire to me.
I can count on one hand the number of days, two hands the number of hours, that trailer has sat at the ramp. With our program, it's either in the garage, or we launch and it's parked back under our shady side carport. To say it's led a pampered life is putting it mildly :D I figure one of these days I'll add a bit of air and catch a sidewall in the teeth, then I'll know it's time :eek: