WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possible Vin inlet pics:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
19537278-28BA-4A58-9C3A-6D904B61F8B0.jpeg

9123C264-B28D-4981-8E52-D87A7478231E.jpeg

Off US Tow’s IG:
Bummer: , was wondering if night or sunset / low visibility for these to happen?

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
I've been there and it really sucks. Worst day I've ever had on my boat and it happened before I could react, rookie mistake I guess.

Those guys are way up there. The price goes through the roof if they need to call out a second tow boat.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
saturday saw boats fly across it throw brown wakes.
in the afternoon was even more boats doing it..

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Funny, I only run in salt so in seeing these pics I was thinking no big deal, take couple hours for tide to rise and off they go..... but nope, I guess what, Vessel Assist etc?

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Wow they are really high and dry. It would be interesting to see a wide angle view to get a better idea of where they are relative to the reed island

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Nothing a parade of dockcrushers couldn’t fix.

I’m curious along with post 5, if the River comes up high enough in the late evening to float a boat in that spot?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Nothing a parade of dockcrushers couldn’t fix.

I’m curious along with post 5, if the River comes up high enough in the late evening to float a boat in that spot?

I think the planned lake level has more to do with it at that location, than river flows. Up river the Davis dam releases directly dictate the depth of the river, but as you get closer to the "mouth" of Havasu I think lake level matters ALOT

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
That happen to me in Bylthe..
1st year new boat, sun going down faster than Biden approval.... launch at Destiny ???? at the 10 fwy...

Ran her up about 30 ft.... rear of boat 15 ft onto sand bar.... boys telling me, well where going spend the night now (I had a job in Blythe, my kids working for me at the time, a crew of 6, playing on the river starting at noon...
I jumped out and said NOPE... the seven of us, dug a trench and in 16 minutes she was floating again... ps, we hit 3 more sand bars while returning.... expect I was not doing 30mph..LOL...

We pull into the marina at 9pm!!!! the launch ramp is one foot dry.... I back the trailer around the ramp and into 2' of water.... 5 minutes later ... i was heading home and the crew was back at the hotel...
GREAT TIMES!!!! this was 2004.. I'll search for some old pics....

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Surprised no one got hurt coming to a stop in such a hurry.

I liked it back in the 80's when the whole thing was a big sand bar out of the water. Usually had it all to ourselves.

View attachment 1004727

Is that a Hondo? This was my brother and I in about 81ish just up from the mouth at “Disneyland” or sandhill or whatever people call it now. Dad had a 78 Hondo, you could have the sandbar to yourselves all day back then...
IMG_6905.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
Is that a Hondo? This was my brother and I in about 81ish just up from the mouth at “Disneyland” or sandhill or whatever people call it now. Dad had a 78 Hondo, you could have the sandbar to yourselves all day back then... View attachment 1004757

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic. No but it looked very similar, it was a Spectra. A football field of pure sand all to yourself, good times.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
saturday saw boats fly across it throw brown wakes.
in the afternoon was even more boats doing it..
Better get their appointments for an impeller soon, they just might get the boat back for labor day!!!!!!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I was up a few weeks ago and didn't have any problems getting through, although I stayed in the deeper(darker) water closer to the reed island
We can reach out and touch the reeds in the toon coming and going. Just have to make sure some 30' cat with a brain dead skipper isn't coming at 90 MPH through one of the most dangerous places on the lake and river.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Better get their appointments for an impeller soon, they just might get the boat back for labor day!!!!!!
Nah... float it and pin it. Just wash that sand right on through... it’ll be fine. 😂

Water Romper

Reaction score
Surprised no one got hurt coming to a stop in such a hurry.

I liked it back in the 80's when the whole thing was a big sand bar out of the water. Usually had it all to ourselves.

Good question...Your clipping along at say 30-40-50 mph, and all of a sudden your high and dry on a sand bar, wouldn't the sudden stop throw the passengers forward into the dash, windshield, Bimini frame, the back of the person in front of you or out of the boat? Hopefully I never find out

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Good question...Your clipping along at say 30-40-50 mph, and all of a sudden your high and dry on a sand bar, wouldn't the sudden stop throw the passengers forward into the dash, windshield, Bimini frame, the back of the person in front of you or out of the boat? Hopefully I never find out
Pretty much sums it up. Been a passenger before when we hit one, stopped us in our tracks. Lucky, we were only going about 25 to 30. I had just stood up in the bow to readjust or something and caught myself but the other 3 people in the bow slammed into me. Shins were Fuc** for a couple weeks and my bro in law chipped his tooth on his beer.

other than that we lived to play another day and were a bit smarter after that lol