WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possibly scammed through DM on RDP??? ((( Attention All Classified ad Posters, Please Read. )))

cb5505

Reaction score
I got scammed well more like ripped off. It was from the guy making the garage signs. sent him money vis PayPal for a sign for my brother in law. And bake haven’t heard back in 14 months. Someone said he had family issues, so I don’t want to bash him o bad. Would like my sign though lol

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Here is another one @RiverDave

@mabyrobert49

Sent me email of some guy with a boat. Of course as soon as payment was discussed it was stupid cash app....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I posted this on a couple other forums I watch,

While we make every effort to reduce the potential for fraud on this forum, you still need to be cautious of any seller or buyer listing items here. Your intuition is your best weapon against fraud. If the deal seems too good to be true and the member is evasive or unwilling to provide additional information, then walk away.

Here are some ideas if you are concerned about the legitimacy of the deal:
- Ask to talk with them on the phone
- Ask for additional details about the item and the person you are dealing with.
- Look at the member history on the forum. If they have little history here then there is more risk.
- Do not rush into buying because you're afraid of losing the opportunity. Be patient. If anything is going to get you into trouble, it's going to be impatience.
- Avoid using wire transfers, cashier checks, money orders, etc.
- If you are suspicious, report the member so we can research it a bit more.

Generally, the other party is going to be equally as paranoid as you are. In all likelihood, you'll both have concerns, so just be a nice person while taking the necessary precautions and you should be just fine.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The scam we encountered yesterday is in the shipping payment.

I have a set of Sand tires and wheels on RDP. I put them on other forums as well all at different prices. The red flag first that it's a scam is they don't offer you less $. They might, but usually don't.

It goes like this:

The first scam text is always "are they still available?"

Me: "Yes"

The second text is to gain confidence: "I'll send you a check and don't want them until you are satisfied the check has cleared the bank, money in your account and I'll arrange UPS pickup."

Me: "Where did you read about them, what are you putting them on?"

Third text is no answer to where they read the ad and no answer to what vehicle they go on but they write from a different text number: " This is a more direct number for me to contact you. You hold on to the tires until my check clears your bank and I'll include the UPS cost. I'll need you to pay it first at this UPS link and let me know how much it is."

It's a fake UPS site. Looks official, but fake.

Me: Nice try scammer.

They probably operate this scam from different angles and approaches.
Cash and carry only or make your transactions at the bank.

Last edited:

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
They have been on the race car parts boards for many years. Always have that impossible to find part.

Thanks for the reminder to be aware! Somehow we tend to forget how much pond scum is out there!

One2go

Reaction score
Another Ass clown trying to jack me, Sent pictures of Craigslist add from inland empire of sand car that I saw for Sale prior. Lol dick kept texting me asking if still interested
IMG_0112.PNG

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Another Ass clown trying to jack me, Sent pictures of Craigslist add from inland empire of sand car that I saw for Sale prior. Lol dick kept texting me asking if still interested View attachment 1014660
Thanks for confirming this one ( @odezi47 ) was a scammer as i'd already happen to run across and removed this username Monday at 9:47 PM as their ip address matched another one of their kind....Unfortunately out of RDP control, there will be more coming so be careful in your dealings.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Someone did it to me the other day I told them to $&@?!%##}% and reported it and RDP took care of it.

SPECTRABRENT

Reaction score
I got the same guy regarding my post WTB REX MARINE 27 BATTERY BOXES:

Robert
469-251-7265
[email protected]

I asked for pictures and he TEXTED pictures of plastic Battery Boxes, I told him not interested.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I ran into a situation on ebay and I thought I'd share it here... If you get a request to ship something to a name, and theres a number at the end of it. This is for a freight forwarding service. The actual buyer exists outside of the US. You ship your item to the US address and then they use the TO and the #### at the end of the name to forward it off to wherever it needed to go. In my case it was for electronics and they were trying to send it to the phillipines. My issue was that once it gets sent off outside of the US that they could then cancel or retract payment and there would be 0 recourse for me to get my item back. So yeah if you're trying to sell boat parts or something expensive and they give you a shipping address as such... just cancel the order it aint worth it.

X Hoser

Reaction score
I believe someone just tried scamming me on this site. Did not reply. Reported to RDP Dave via message. Scammers everywhere! BEWARE