WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Post your dash cam footage

zhandfull

Reaction score
Here is some footage from my $60 Harbor Freight dash cam. Had it almost a year now. Had to download this short video from Thursday afternoon on my way home. Oh, and the picture should be better now that I took the clear protective cover off the lens after this video.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Mad skills. The other driver not you camera installation. LOL I could see myself doing the same thing myself....

zhandfull

Reaction score
Lol, yes I mounted it on dash upside down. The Jeep windshield was so flat the brackets wouldn’t allow for proper camera angle. This was the first time I had something to go back and look at. Didn’t know the date option was even on.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
That was pretty mellow for your typical 60/91 fwy pass 😆. Drove those two freeways for almost two years daily and always was surprised that more people weren’t wadded up daily. Even better when it rains!!

Here is some footage from my $60 Harbor Freight dash cam. Had it almost a year now. Had to download this short video from Thursday afternoon on my way home. Oh, and the picture should be better now that I took the clear protective cover off the lens after this video.

4Waters

Reaction score
LOL

Looks like you mounted it upside down as well as the date/time should be on the bottom left of the video...😁

Or would it make everything else inverted???
19040492.png

Inverted🤣

rrrr

Reaction score
Pffft. The idiot in the left lane brake checked the minivan, and he had tons of room to make the lane change. I should get a dashcam, you guys would see hours of me making moves like that as I efficiently make my way up the Dallas North Tollway at 85 MPH.

😁 😁

attitude

Reaction score
Pisses me off when people pull shit like that when I’m in my work truck, when I’m in my personal it’s a lot easier to get even.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Lol, yes I mounted it on dash upside down. The Jeep windshield was so flat the brackets wouldn’t allow for proper camera angle. This was the first time I had something to go back and look at. Didn’t know the date option was even on.
Inwas just kidding...

84miller

Reaction score
Time for me to get one. A guy ran me off the road Monday. Passing on a double yellow line, desert center road, did not have room from oncoming traffic, so he just forced me off. FYI, we were side by side and I could see the girl he was with screaming at him. He was a idiot.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I think I could of easily pulled the pit maneuver on him as I seen him coming.

I just about had the same opportunity yesterday with a BMW in Victorville. License plate COOBMW. Jackass blowing through traffic. I’d love to have a POS SUV MadMax style and play bumper cars on the road. The way that 2020 is going it will be allowed starting 11.04.30 LOL

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
This is what an angry midget does for fun ...This is not me!!

"I live at the end of a dirt road. There is a lot for sale near me that just had the price dropped real low getting lots of activity, and the real estate agents always park all fubar on the road. I can usually get by if I'm not towing anything....but this guy managed to block the road. And luckily, my F350 is NOT lifted, so I got great bumper to bumper contact - as you will see."

"I asked the realtor to move his vehicle, and he said "In a minute." He was about 300 yards away watching me move his car for him. In the video, I'm driving down from the lot next to me and you can see my driveway to the right of the vehicle. Seriously, the guy just parked in the middle. I couldn't get by and there is no other way out. He is lucky I didn't stick him in the field which drops down about 2' from the edge of the road. F-350 7.3 PSD 2WD didn't even struggle. And I got 25 mpg while pushing!!! :D There were two nice size drag marks from the front wheels." :thumbsup

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I need one for our cars. I want it hardwired so that it comes on with the key in case I / we forget to activate it. I’m sure that’s a “thing” right?

Reaction score

"I live at the end of a dirt road. There is a lot for sale near me that just had the price dropped real low getting lots of activity, and the real estate agents always park all fubar on the road. I can usually get by if I'm not towing anything....but this guy managed to block the road. And luckily, my F350 is NOT lifted, so I got great bumper to bumper contact - as you will see."

"I asked the realtor to move his vehicle, and he said "In a minute." He was about 300 yards away watching me move his car for him. In the video, I'm driving down from the lot next to me and you can see my driveway to the right of the vehicle. Seriously, the guy just parked in the middle. I couldn't get by and there is no other way out. He is lucky I didn't stick him in the field which drops down about 2' from the edge of the road. F-350 7.3 PSD 2WD didn't even struggle. And I got 25 mpg while pushing!!! :D There were two nice size drag marks from the front wheels." :thumbsup

I would have pushed it out to the middle of that open field, to bad there wasn't a Ditch near the road that would have been classic.....,

zhandfull

Reaction score
I need one for our cars. I want it hardwired so that it comes on with the key in case I / we forget to activate it. I’m sure that’s a “thing” right?
Most just plug into a lighter and will turn on and off with most of the newer cars. They can be hard wired though.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

Holy Moly!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I put one on my wifes car(and my truck) that replaced the rear view mirror that comes with a rear license plate mounted camera....so front and rear images are recorded. Also performs as a backup camera too.
It has a sensor that can record if the car is bumped while parked.
It also locks the file when an accident is detected.
Most of the rear view mirror dash cams are designed to clamp or strap onto oem mirror but I made them fit onto the oem bracket.
20200919_112522.jpg

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
I put one on my wifes car(and my truck) that replaced the rear view mirror that comes with a rear license plate mounted camera....so front and rear images are recorded. Also performs as a backup camera too.
It has a sensor that can record if the car is bumped while parked.
It also locks the file when an accident is detected.
Most of the rear view mirror dash cams are designed to clamp or strap onto oem mirror but I made them fit onto the oem bracket. View attachment 924066

Can you foward the info on this camera.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

Holy Moly, that's crazy!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Can you foward the info on this camera.
Several to choose from...this just the one I ended up purchasing. Think I picked this one because it came with the sd card.
Screenshot_20200920-100947_Amazon Shopping.jpg

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
This is why we quit full time rv'ing. Had two people hit us. 1 going thru El Paso, TX. 8 am drunk driver merged into my lane. The other was in Lake Charles, LA. Guy worked all night and fell asleep. Literally to many time to count where I had to stop so fast because someone pulled in front and then stopped or slowed way down. We had so many close calls that it got to where my wife was getting so much anxiety that is was not worth it.

I tried changing our start/stop time to make sure we didn't travel in any rush hour or bad weather. I tried changing routes to more freeways and less freeways. Drove slower to just let them rush by. Drove faster to keep up, so that there was no need to rush to get in front of me.

I would have kept doing it as my thoughts were, I have a F350 dually at about 10K pounts and a 40 ft 5th wheel at about 18K. If I hit someone because of their stupidity then we would be fine and they would regret it. Dash cam would keep me from being at fault. Wife just didn't want to do it anymore.