WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Powell fuel container question.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
With dangling rope closed I am gonna go pick up some gas cans to take on the boat for our Powell trip next week. Was looking at a flow fast 15 gallon non carb compliant i.e. missing the dumb nozzle. Will they give me a hard time filling or putting it on the houseboat? Our boat doesn't have a toy tank.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Nope. They dont care. I bring a 1/2 dozen containers of fuel every year on the houseboats. Not a word. I even bring 5 gallon cans of VP 120 to mix with 87.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
With dangling rope closed I am gonna go pick up some gas cans to take on the boat for our Powell trip next week. Was looking at a flow fast 15 gallon non carb compliant i.e. missing the dumb nozzle. Will they give me a hard time filling or putting it on the houseboat? Our boat doesn't have a toy tank.

We brought six 5 gallon racing jugs with us on the house boat last month. It's totally kosher with the houseboat rental companies.

2Driver

Reaction score
We rented the Navigator houseboat with a toy tank.

We thought it would be good to have the extra fuel for the skis. NOPE, Instead they just convert one of the 2 houseboat tanks to a toy tank only, so you end up with a lot less fuel for the boat. We just filled up the one house boat tank with the toy tank.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Nope. They dont care. I bring a 1/2 dozen containers of fuel every year on the houseboats. Not a word. I even bring 5 gallon cans of VP 120 to mix with 87.
We brought six 5 gallon racing jugs with us on the house boat last month. It's totally kosher with the houseboat rental companies.
Yup you should be just fine 👍

Keep an eye on them for off gassing if they’re in direct sunlight. I put an old damp towel over mine.
We rented the Navigator houseboat with a toy tank.

We thought it would be good to have the extra fuel for the skis. NOPE, Instead they just convert one of the 2 houseboat tanks to a toy tank only, so you end up with a lot less fuel for the boat. We just filled up the one house boat tank with the toy tank.

Anything that is on the must bring list that we need to have?

I know they provide linens but should we bring our own?

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score

They provide a lot,see their list

Binos for seeing channel bouy numbers way up ahead

Fill the houseboat cooler fully with block ice.

Couple good flashlights

polarized dark sunglasses

double the drinking water you think you need

Hand held 2way radio with marine channel to talk to the house boat

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score

I like bringing my own comforter and pillows. And extra paper towels. They provide the one roll of the brown paper towel kind. They always have plenty of shampoo and conditioners, like about 50...lol