WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Powell report - for those who don't like the crowds!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
We covered 208 Nautical miles and burnt $861 dollars in shore and marina based fuels ($5.88 at Dangling $5.10 at Bullfrog $2.35 at Page).
Searay Sundancer 290 with twin 5.7L Mercrusiers and a 5K Kohler generator.
Me and 3 women were the crew (Wife, girlfriend and daughter)
Launched Friday and retrieved Tuesday.

Camped on the hook in Reflection, San Juan, Escalante and a spot of which I will not speak.

cath.jpg
wetherrill.jpg
SJ.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2225.mov
    7.8 MB

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
We covered 208 Nautical miles and burnt $861 dollars in shore and marina based fuels ($5.88 at Dangling $5.10 at Bullfrog $2.35 at Page).
Searay Sundancer 290 with twin 5.7L Mercrusiers and a 5K Kohler generator.
Me and 3 women were the crew (Wife, girlfriend and daughter)
Launched Friday and retrieved Tuesday.

Camped on the hook in Reflection, San Juan, Escalante and a spot of which I will not speak.

View attachment 881441 View attachment 881443 View attachment 881442

Beautiful! What a great way to spend some time...

2Driver

Reaction score
Always thought that set up would be a really good way to experience powell. Mobile and comfort

Nice pics.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Always thought that set up would be a really good way to experience powell. Mobile and comfort

Nice pics.

I have done houseboats for the past few years and even the resort at Wahweep. The express cruiser is my favorite. There are pluses and minuses like all things. Obviously the social aspect of a large group on a houseboat is both a plus and a minus. Minus is no go fast boats/toy boats/jet skiies etc... But the mobility and setting up on the hook with a push of a button is a big plus. You can cover the most ground and easily camp a different spot each night. 2 nights I only dropped a hook and set the anchor alarm. 2 nights I set a rear anchor.... And for me, my own bathroom without sharing with any other dudes is worth it alone!!! hahah

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
with 3 women on board your lucky you even saw the inside of that bathroom, ask me why I know...

Old guy like me got up at first light every morning around 6 am... Went paddle boarding solo, drank coffee... had the bathroom and the whole place to myself till the split-tails started moving around the place at 10 am or so... I was already on my 2nd mimosa by then!

But do tell?

Reaction score
Old guy like me got up at first light every morning around 6 am... Went paddle boarding solo, drank coffee... had the bathroom and the whole place to myself till the split-tails started moving around the place a 10 am or so... I was already on my 2nd mimosa by then!

But do tell?

Wife, daughter and daughters girlfriend. you know how they are when teenagers, always want to bring one or more of there friends with them, all female...

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Wife, daughter and daughters girlfriend. you know how they are when teenagers, always want to bring one or more of there friends with them, all female...

My daughter is 20 and the longtime family friend who is a girl (girlfriend) is mid 40s, so it was not a problem like the days when my daughters were younger etc... but I can feel your pain from days past!

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Nice. We stayed on HB in slip at Wahweap from Thursday to Tuesday. Beautiful weather. We go every Memorial and just stay nights in slip. We do daily surfing in Warm Creek and at least one trip up to Dangling. I will say there was a LOT of people in the marina this year. Way more than I've ever seen for Memorial. Thankfully the lake is big enough, once you get out you never feel crowded and you can always find decent water. We also use it as a work trip to get things done on the HB prior to weekly summer trips for us and the other owners.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Powell is closed for the rest of the year
What Gramps said. I was there Monday working on the houseboat and the greenies blew the dam and the lake is gone. No need to go, take it off your bucket list. 😁