WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Powell waheap marina question

Reaction score
Did you guys go out last year with the CRAP19 ?
Almost every other weekend. We got the locals boat pass and was able to get on the lake a month before the all the crazy people showed up.The lake was busy like I have ever seen. It took over two hours to launch on the Fourth of July. Parking was a shit show. Never in 35 years have I seen it this way .

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Almost every other weekend. We got the locals boat pass and was able to get on the lake a month before the all the crazy people showed up.The lake was busy like I have ever seen. It took over two hours to launch on the Fourth of July. Parking was a shit show. Never in 35 years have I seen it this way .
Butt butt you were not to go out you needed 6’ 🤔

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score

Youre not Joking. We camped in wahweep a couple times and there was a line of people up the ramp to launch at 11 at night.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
What is the locals boat pass and how is it different from the annual glen canyon pass?

Reaction score
What is the locals boat pass and how is it different from the annual glen canyon pass?
If your boat is a lake Powell boat only and have proof by either and bill from dry storage or a home in Page . You by-pass most of the
check points at the ramp, they see your sticker on the boat and dash of your vehicle and wave you by. Most of the time.
AZGFD

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
If your boat is a lake Powell boat only and have proof by either and bill from dry storage or a home in Page . You by-pass most of the
check points at the ramp, they see your sticker on the boat and dash of your vehicle and wave you by. Most of the time.
AZGFD

Thanks for the info, I will have to do that this year...

2Driver

Reaction score
The black line (2021) should be turning upward by now. Looks like the cut opening might be delayed a bit.

9E48ECCB-ABF9-4AB4-B91B-290C2C06AF68.jpeg

707dog

Reaction score

do they have a everyday mussel inspection onsite for people who come from out of state? or launch and go? i read the AZGFD but doesn't state anything for that.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
My plans for one of the days is a early AM run up to san juan area and explore.
The San Juan Arm is beautiful and empty, nobody up there. The switchbacks in the first 10 miles of the arm are pretty cool.

What area is this?
The Castle Rock Cut, I believe. It's between Castle Rock and Antelope Island, it's the passage from Wahweap Bay on one side and Warm Creek on the other.

do they have a everyday mussel inspection onsite for people who come from out of state? or launch and go? i read the AZGFD but doesn't state anything for that.
They do have mussel inspection on site daily. It used to be that if you say you're launching the next day then they don't stop you.

Thanks for the info, I will have to do that this year...
It's totally worth it. One more damn sticker on the boat but saves you time coming up the ramp.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Make sure you put a rope across your slip. I rented a slip last year, came in late and A big smarty helped himself to my slip!
Yup, same here. They are not numbered well, actually not at all facing the water so that explains some of idiots. The office lady gave me the numbers of all of the ones that were open just in case it happened again. I will do the rope thing this year when we go in Sept.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
I'm getting excited hope to see some of you guys up there. Powell is really the only lake our family goes to and we go alot from mother's day to July 4 then we will settle down august to October.

If you see us give a wave stop by for a beer!

KIMG0116.JPG

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

In planning out trip I picked up this book that had a ton of cool info on just about every arm. In combination with the map it has helped us plan out what we wanna see and where we want to try and park the houseboat.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
When I was filling out my mussel exemption application I got this at the end, which suggests that us zonies still need to pay to play....

Success! Thanks for filling out my form!

If you are a non-resident and will be boating on any part of Lake Powell that is in Utah, visit https://stdofthesea.utah.gov/ to complete mandatory education and non-resident fee.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I will gladly pay $20 to get on that lake!

I am all stickered up, mussel inspection exempt, 20 dollar non resident, annual decon cert, 45 annual dollar oversize watercraft permit... this is getting as bad as offroad stickers that you never understand whether or not you have the right stickers...

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
@mesquito_creek at least you don’t have to Bust Out Another Thousand :p

Do you know what the new fee is raising money for?
What sucks About paying this 20 bucks for quagga eradication is in the mandatory online course the tell you that you shall present this to the park folks when you get there to launch and they look at you like you have 3 eyes when you present said form. And it's 20 on top of I think 80 for our annual pass it's like adding a new tax...just bothers me

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Si you are correct. Supposedly if you have a boat or connection to antelope marina they are letting people use the valet boat ramp.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
"Those fees go toward preventing the spread of quagga mussels or other aquatic invasive species.".... don't shoot the messenger, that just what it says...

I thought they were already doing that haha. I was hoping you were going to say they’re funding a San Francisco style tram up the side of Whaweap ramp 😂

It’s def an undertaking to develop the online testing and overall process for verifying compliance for the out of state boaters. Sounds like it’ll fall short if the gate keepers are oblivious. Surprised they’d collect just $20 however I’m sure it’ll all get refined and the fees will continue to grow.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I think this is the antelope public ramp

View attachment 996477

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a big drop off at the end of that ramp. Any word if some of the fees they collect for Powell are going into ramp extensions? This low water condition could be with us quite a bit longer. I'm sure they'd like to not concentrate everyone at a couple ramps that can still be open.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
That's a big drop off at the end of that ramp. Any word if some of the fees they collect for Powell are going into ramp extensions? This low water condition could be with us quite a bit longer. I'm sure they'd like to not concentrate everyone at a couple ramps that can still be open.
I don't think they have any intensions although it's not a bad Idea.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

I don't think they have any intensions although it's not a bad Idea.

I wonder what the water depth is at that point? Looks like it drops off a cliff.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
I wonder what the water depth is at that point? Looks like it drops off a cliff.
I have no idea some of the more seasoned guys pay attention to the water altitude. I can't imagine it's very deep as at that ramp it's narrow relative to the rest of Powell but then again the canyons are deep.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
The comments about weather are real. Be prepared. I’d suggest plopping yourself in front of YouTube and search lake powell and watch the good and the bad, mostly good but there is some unreal footage of people caught in wind. Watch the techniques for tieing up the boats to shore. You will learn a bunch just watching these videos.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
the way the water is dropping Powell will be closed soon............or at least the ramps will be
If you have 4x4 and not a huge boat launch at lone rock , I’ve don’t it many times 😎

Reaction score
In 2005 they extended state line ramp and did some work at the wahweap ramp , at that time there is a dirt ramp that was used just south of the state line ramp. Don’t think we will have to use it this year but who knows..