WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Power Is Out In San Dimas

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Just got home and the neighbor asks me if I’ve got power as I get out of my truck. I told him that the garage door isn’t going up, that’s not a good sign. The Edison website just confirms that power is out, but no info when it’ll be on. This is bullshit. No winds or nothin’.

Taboma

Reaction score
Just got home and the neighbor asks me if I’ve got power as I get out of my truck. I told him that the garage door isn’t going up, that’s not a good sign. The Edison website just confirms that power is out, but no info when it’ll be on. This is bullshit. No winds or nothin’.

Here's what usually works for me. I head for the shop, roll the genny into the lockable lower patio. Fuel it up and start it to get it warmed up. Get the extension cords out, lower them off the balcony. Get the plug strips plugged in, get the frig out away from the wall, start the genny, plug the cords in --- Oh look the lights are back on. 🥴

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Here's what usually works for me. I head for the shop, roll the genny into the lockable lower patio. Fuel it up and start it to get it warmed up. Get the extension cords out, lower them off the balcony. Get the plug strips plugged in, get the frig out away from the wall, start the genny, plug the cords in --- Oh look the lights are back on. 🥴
That’s been my experience to. We need to get faster with our emergency set ups.😁

Taboma

Reaction score
That’s been my experience to. We need to get faster with our emergency set ups.😁

The last time I tried it, I was even sandbagging near the end of my ritual because it wasn't working :oops: This might be a big deal :eek: At least it was restored before I had to resort to stage II outage protocol, where I'm forced to resort to those things reserved for us Professionals. :rolleyes:

4Waters

Reaction score
See that I can understand, it's annoying but understandable if the power is out because of a problem, it's not ok to turn it off because the wind is blowing.

nowski

Reaction score
We had a planned power outage in our neighborhood yesterday. The problem was SCE forgot to send out the memo and caught everyone by surprise...

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
You're on the wrong side of San Dimas... Power on all day at my house.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
If you need a generator to borrow, I'm in San Dimas too.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you need a generator to borrow, I'm in San Dimas too.
AL 909 322-9923
Thanks buddy, I appreciate it - the power just came back on about 45 minutes ago. When it got dark I was already to go to sleep, there wasn’t any thing to do. Just like the really old days.

dspracing

Reaction score
One day our power went out and I said never again will I be caught with my pants down. So I went out and rigged up an rv plug that we back feed from our generator. Power goes out, gen goes on and other than not being able to turn on the A/C, we don’t know any different. WiFi, tv, laundry, landscape lighting, it all works.

Now, I sit back and wait for the power to go out. Light this place up and let the neighbors glare in envy.