WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pratt & Whitney Wasp

72Hondo

Reaction score
I want this!

They also made a V8 version.

Would love to get my hands on either. They were made by Renwal in the 60's. You can find them on eBay for about $150 for the V8 and about $350 for radial engine.

They don't make stuff like this anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

TLAW719

Reaction score
Those are freaking awesome. A V8 one of those would be sweet to have.

72Hondo

Reaction score
They also made a smaller version, the first one was a double wasp.

rrrr

Reaction score
My mom gave me a visible V-8 for Christmas when I was 10. I put it together in one day, thought it was the coolest thing ever.

It gave me a basic understanding of the small block Chevy, and by the time I turned 12 I was wrenching on my sister's '58 Bel Air. :D

My mom was the greatest. On my 13th birthday she gave me a timing light and a dwell meter. A few years later she gave me a nice Craftsman 12 drawer box.

She passed away three years ago, I still think of her almost every day.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
They also made a smaller version, the first one was a double wasp.

I'm probably the only one sitting here going "ba-blat ba-blat ba-blat", making round engine sounds....

575cat

Reaction score
My mom gave me a visible V-8 for Christmas when I was 10. I put it together in one day, thought it was the coolest thing ever.

It gave me a basic understanding of the small block Chevy, and by the time I turned 12 I was wrenching on my sister's '58 Bel Air. :D

My mom was the greatest. On my 13th birthday she gave me a timing light and a dwell meter. A few years later she gave me a nice Craftsman 12 drawer box.

She passed away three years ago, I still think of her almost every day.

Real home schooling .

72Hondo

Reaction score
They don't make stuff like this anymore so kids can't learn and get interested in things.

I remember build visible V8 when I was a kid, it was one you turned by hand but it shows you the jist of how everything works.

I also had a massive erector set too. My parents used to get so pissed because there'd be tune nuts and screws laying around.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I also had a massive erector set too. My parents used to get so pissed because there'd be tune nuts and screws laying around.

I actually still have my Meccano set, (Christmas ~1970) I've often wondered if it's worth anything in the original box.-- good memories!!

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I got it as birthday present when I was 7 and its still in the box partially assembled :rolleyes

attachment.php

Bought this in 2003 to use in 3 Dimensional art project back in college :D Instructor shot down the idea :grumble: Sold it to a RDP member 2 years ago :thumbup:

attachment.php