WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prayers for a board member

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask the board to keep my friend George, (AzGeo) and his wife Kathleen in your prayers as he has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I realize George could be abrasive at times but he is the kind of guy that would do just about anything for anybody if it was within his power and skill set.

I just wanted to let the inmates that know George know, and for anybody that may have been trying to get a hold of him for parts and/or rigging work to understand why he has not contacted you back.

I will miss my friend. 🥲🙁

In better times testing Lane’s boat
6EB95988-0DFC-4427-862C-BF59AD8CF468.jpeg
4D437AC2-822D-4BD5-9D3D-D8A8270B51D0.jpeg

sintax

Reaction score
oh wow, thats super bad news. Please let him know how sorry I am and will be thinking about him and his family!

George was one of the most helpful v-drive guys on this site. He'd would always go out of his way to help people, no matter how basic the question was. The world is going to lose another great guy, and a wealth of v-drive knowledge.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Awe man. Sorry to hear this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
First picture I can recall seeing of George, I think I'd have ID'ed him anywhere --- exactly as I pictured him.
I've missed his often spirited contributions to RDP since he apparently decided to step away.
At least I think that's what happened. ?
George has and will be missed here on RDP and I know the will be by a vast number of fellow "old school" boaters.

Finish Line Engineering.JPG

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Did George live in Havasu and work at the Havasu Marina shop quite a few years ago with Bruce when they worked on boats?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
George was quite a fixture around Granada Hills back in the day. He grew up under his dad George sr. tutorage and the likes of Kurtis and others in the sprint and Indy car circles. Generations of info in there. A lot of people were put off with his sometimes gruf demeanor but he was always willing to help you out. I wish him Godspeed and Kathleen strength.

hallett21

Reaction score
[emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
oh wow, thats super bad news. Please let him know how sorry I am and will be thinking about him and his family!

George was one of the most helpful v-drive guys on this site. He'd would always go out of his way to help people, no matter how basic the question was. The world is going to lose another great guy, and a wealth of v-drive knowledge.

Spot on.. super talented and intelligent individual. It was a huge loss for the site when he and Brian got in that tiff and they wouldn’t let it go..
I have nothing but respect for that man and I hope things go as well as they possibly can for him

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
God damnit!!!!

I've known George my whole life. Him and my dad graduated highschool together, he rigged my dad's Sanger and helped with my first Hondo with the previous owner long before I bought it.

He has shared his dreams of finishing the boats around his house with me many times and he was always excited!

I need to make time to make a trip by the house 😓😓😓

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
God damnit!!!!

I've known George my whole life. Him and my dad graduated highschool together, he rigged my dad's Sanger and helped with my first Hondo with the previous owner long before I bought it.

He has shared his dreams of finishing the boats around his house with me many times and he was always excited!

I knew you were close with him. I’m truly sorry bud and please pass along our best from this thread to George and Kathleen.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I can't really say anything. He is a friend and always helped with our V-Drive Social Events in Parker. This really sucks, I know he is not on this site any more, But if George needs anything, I am willing to help. PM me and I can be in Havasu any time, I am just minutes away. CANCER SUCKS !

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
God damnit!!!!

Ryan, I don’t know if Kathleen got a hold of your dad or not, she knew he was in California at that show and I don’t know if she wanted to bother him because we didn’t really know anything for sure until today.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Ryan, I don’t know if Kathleen got a hold of your dad or not, she knew he was in California at that show and I don’t know if she wanted to bother him because we didn’t really know anything for sure until today.

I texted him about something different and didn't get a response. I'm sure we'll talk at some point this weekend

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Very sad to hear... I had a few interactions with him on the forum..,one being when I was in the music business and he either help construct a A&M records facility or possibly the building next-door... I’ll have to think hard about the others???...I hope Georges exit from this level and on to whatever might be out there is graceful and painless... sad to hear..,

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sad to read this about AZGeo. He and gis family will be in my prayers 😞