Reaction score
Hang tough Byron!!
Jeep’s aren’t the same without you!
464A2080-E110-46B4-B49F-14B7DA57426B.gif

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am
Sorry to hear that he’s under the weather. Praying he heals up quickly.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
From Tom's post:

I'm sorry to inform the online boating community that Brian Lafkoff has passed away. Most of you knew him as Jetboat Brian. He passed suddenly, yesterday afternoon.

I met Jetboat Brian about 20 years ago. We moved between HavasuBarney, HotBoat, RDP, CommunityHarbour, and finally to Instagram and private forms of communication. He was a unique individual and an exceptional person.

BNAG!

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
At a loss for words. This year has been non stop. RIP Brian.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I’m sure all of us feel the same right now. Direct hit right to the gut. I can only imagine the creativity JBB provided to his family,friends,projects and his work. How JBB found the time for RDP all those years was amazing for all of us everyday. Extremely gifted man and friend has somehow lost his life. THANK YOU Brian,Byron,Jbb. Down the road we will enjoy remembering you thru what you left behind.

Taboma

Reaction score
I just saw that Tom Brown posted on Facebook that JBB had passed away yesterday afternoon. RIP JBB.
So long the life force that pumped a very special kind of energy into this site. That energy left when he did, but it seemed he continued bringing his special brand of humor elsewhere.
This news makes me so sad at his passing and that I never had the pleasure of actually meeting this very cool man. 😖😢

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I think a lot of the "new" people here don't realize the significance of JBB's passing. I never met him either, but the online shenanigans predate RDP by quite a few years back to the early days of HotBoat forums. Really the place where many of us first found our online friends.

Back then trying to relate or describe your online pals to your wife was always a challenge. "You know this man how?" "From the internet." This would be followed by an eyeroll from your spouse.

The OG posters from way back were damn funny, and getting online to the HB Forums was an important part of the day. It was almost an addiction.

JBB, Tom Brown, Jet Boat Rich, RiverDave, Her 454, Froggystyle, Hoss, TPC, Gigamurph, TBI, etc. Too many to list. So. Damn. Funny. I honestly don't know why he left, some disagreement obviously. But his absence definitely leaves a hole.

RIP, sir. You will be missed.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think a lot of the "new" people here don't realize the significance of JBB's passing. I never met him either, but the online shenanigans predate RDP by quite a few years back to the early days of HotBoat forums. Really the place where many of us first found our online friends.

Back then trying to relate or describe your online pals to your wife was always a challenge. "You know this man how?" "From the internet." This would be followed by an eyeroll from your spouse.

The OG posters from way back were damn funny, and getting online to the HB Forums was an important part of the day. It was almost an addiction.

JBB, Tom Brown, Jet Boat Rich, RiverDave, Her 454, Froggystyle, Hoss, TPC, Gigamurph, TBI, etc. Too many to list. So. Damn. Funny. I honestly don't know why he left, some disagreement obviously. But his absence definitely leaves a hole.

OC and I have been Good friends for many years now. We met here on RDP.

It's funny when people ask us how we met...

We just say, on you know, we met online! And watch the funny looks we get. 😝

We both had the honor of meeting Tom Brown, but I don't think either of us met JBB.

OC and I will be having dinner together in a little bit here. We are both just shocked about this. 😕

His last Instagram post. Seems fitting...

Screenshot_20211023-170159_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

I remember JBB and I too am saddened by his passing. I missed him when he left here.

He belongs in the RDP Hall of Fame

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I just got off the river to terrible texts.

I honestly can't believe it. I am so sad right now 😔 Brian has been a good friend of mine for many years and he is probably the reason I ever became a mod here on RDP many, many years ago. We've kept in close contact even though he left RDP awhile ago. He really had a heart of gold and a sense of humor that was simply unmatched. I will miss him and his amazing personality so much... I just can't believe it 😔 So much in shock.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
So sorry to hear. Never met the guy, but I’ve heard he was a solid guy. RIP JBB