WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prayers for JBB...

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Back in the days of Hotboat l remember asking the members for info on one of my boats and he stood up to challenge. Not only did he get the info but he sent a old Hotboat magazine over to me in Australia. 👍

No matter how hard l tried he wouldn't accept payment for the magazine or postal cost but he said he would like to catch up for beer when l eventually got to the states.

So today l will "tips my hat" and have a beer in respect and remembrance to him. 👍 👌

Rest in Peace Brian and in Australian lingo, "your a good bloke mate". 👍
Garry

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Wow!
That’s all I got for now.
Kind of unbelievable. 🥲

Reactions: TBI

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Unreal. My condolences to his family.

My tribute. Learned a lot over a thatch of grass.
BA9D128A-EE76-4973-9CAE-C479B57B32B5.jpeg

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
So many funny and informative things from him through the years. Always hoped he would show up around here again.
Condolences to his friends and family,
RIP JBB.

Singleton

Reaction score
RIP JBB
Thoughts with his family and friends during this time

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Not sure of circumstance, several years back JBB journeyed to the west coast from his east coast home. I do not rememember the details,seem it was a quick trip,maybe even just a weekend turn around. Brian home might have been 2500 mi from Havasu,but it was like he was always right here.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Crazy....my wife told me about it...I guess Tom Browns post. Wtf happened? Thought he was on the mend? RIP bro.....been some good times. Look out for JBB infractions from beyond. ☹

wallnutz

Reaction score
Oh man this hurts. Last I heard he had turned the corner for the better. Take care of that thatch Bobo is counting on it. RIP JBB

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wow. Thought he was going to be OK. WTH changed so fast.

RIP JBB and condolences to all the friends and family.

:(

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
No….love to his wife and family. We will miss you Brian. 😔

Reactions: TBI

phuggit

Reaction score
Damn. I always enjoyed his comments in the early days. This news is truly sad to hear.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Never met him, and I think he split before I got here...being a relatively new person in some respects. Not long ago, he started following my piddly crap on IG. I started to follow his...comedy and cars...his posts, even simple pics, with little to no verbiage, would make me smile.
I wish I could have met him. I think things just got a little dimmer with another light being turned out 😢

Rest in Peace Sir, hope to meet up someday.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Dammit all to hell.

This doesn't seem real.

Goodbye Brian.

77charger

Reaction score
I think a lot of the "new" people here don't realize the significance of JBB's passing. I never met him either, but the online shenanigans predate RDP by quite a few years back to the early days of HotBoat forums. Really the place where many of us first found our online friends.

Back then trying to relate or describe your online pals to your wife was always a challenge. "You know this man how?" "From the internet." This would be followed by an eyeroll from your spouse.

The OG posters from way back were damn funny, and getting online to the HB Forums was an important part of the day. It was almost an addiction.

JBB, Tom Brown, Jet Boat Rich, RiverDave, Her 454, Froggystyle, Hoss, TPC, Gigamurph, TBI, etc. Too many to list. So. Damn. Funny. I honestly don't know why he left, some disagreement obviously. But his absence definitely leaves a hole.

RIP, sir. You will be missed.
Well said exactly I think many newbies would be offended from the old days. But jbb provided some great laughs lil brutal at times but many funny ones too.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Heart just hit my stomach...

Good Lord.

Like most of the OG folks here , I only knew Brian through HB and RDP. Once we all "migrated to RDP Brian was a core part of the membership, and gave us all a lot of laughs for many years, and ya knew where you stood with the man, which is something I respect.

2 weeks ago we lost a 36 year man who grew up with my sons and who was a successful businessman locally who had worked his tail off all his adult life to build a life from himself, his wife and young daughter. So young, so much life left to live, and gone.

I will add Brian to my prayers this night. Just can't believe this. Too many good people gone far too soon.

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… with many of the posts above… I’m getting a fun remembrance of his humor… Very sad… Rest in peace kind sir…

Tota1pkg

Reaction score
I knew Brian personally. From working with him to carpooling every day for years at Anheuser bush, Brian was a friend like no other. If you wanted comfort if condolences Brian was not the guy for this. But if you wants blunt honestly all the time with returnable loyalty, he was Definitely the guy to have as a friend. If you knew him, he would shit-talk the people he liked, and ignore those he truly didn’t like. His heart was well hidden, but he was one of the best ally’s to have. Thank you for honoring him. He was a special person who will be hard to replace. He would want to you do what makes you happy, tell any of your critics to fuck off, and live whatever best life is the best life for you.

Thanks for honoring him. My life has changed because of who he was.

-Rocco

Joe mama

Reaction score
Just bad news all around. So tired of reading about these outcomes.. Not sure what happened with him but feel bad each time I hear a member doesn’t make it..prayers to his family and friends!

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score
Rest easy bud.....nice jeep.

C-2

Reaction score
Speechless, what a bummer, loved the JBB posts, his wit and humor. Godspeed JBB, :(

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Tough to read, really enjoyed all his posts over the years, interacted with him on a few occasions. He was a good dude.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I think a lot of the "new" people here don't realize the significance of JBB's passing. I never met him either, but the online shenanigans predate RDP by quite a few years back to the early days of HotBoat forums. Really the place where many of us first found our online friends.

Back then trying to relate or describe your online pals to your wife was always a challenge. "You know this man how?" "From the internet." This would be followed by an eyeroll from your spouse.

The OG posters from way back were damn funny, and getting online to the HB Forums was an important part of the day. It was almost an addiction.

JBB, Tom Brown, Jet Boat Rich, RiverDave, Her 454, Froggystyle, Hoss, TPC, Gigamurph, TBI, etc. Too many to list. So. Damn. Funny. I honestly don't know why he left, some disagreement obviously. But his absence definitely leaves a hole.

RIP, sir. You will be missed.
Damn it. Im not even passed this post and and Richard nailed it.

Live like tomorrow is unknown...

Shocked. Bummed