WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pre-purchase RV Inspection

Riverhound

Reaction score
We're getting close to pulling the trigger on a new to us DP and wanted to get some feedback from anyone that's used an RV inspector. I've had a couple of RVs in the past, I'm reasonably mechanically savvy but, not fully up to speed on all the systems and potential issues we might encounter in a newer DP.

Has anyone used a professional inspector? Was it worth the expense?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
We're getting close to pulling the trigger on a new to us DP and wanted to get some feedback from anyone that's used an RV inspector. I've had a couple of RVs in the past, I'm reasonably mechanically savvy but, not fully up to speed on all the systems and potential issues we might encounter in a newer DP.

Has anyone used a professional inspector? Was it worth the expense?

Ive watched one at work with a friend.

If you've never owned a similar/ identical vehicle its worth every penny.

If you are experienced its not.

X Hoser

Reaction score
If the inspection comes back clean…..best Money you’ll ever spend! If it identifies problems, best Money you’ll ever spend...negotiate the price to represent the repairs/inspection cost…..or walk away!

Riverhound

Reaction score
I think most lenders require.

When we purchased our MH the lender coordinated the inspection.
Good to know... The lenders I've spoken with haven't brought it up.

Appreciate the feedback. Now just have to decide on the right coach and pull the trigger!

kat_williams

Reaction score
We did one, they found dry rott in the ceilings and walls. We ended up passing on that RV.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Another. Don't you love the remodeled (my wife) ,painted white cabinetry! Latex paint over oil base clear coated wood or vinyl laminate. See how long that looks good. RV's flex have gaps around walls ,cabinets(thats why they have vinyl piping trim). I
guess you carry a caulk gun ,for touch up after a road trip.Sorry.

It only needs to look good for pics and when you sell it.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Lol my wife wants to paint our cabinets I don’t! We did paint walls and are redoing flooring but I actually like the real wood cabinets on our older motorhome. We did take out the gold fixtures, handles and hinges and replace with silver.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Check out “AZ Expert” on you tube. You will never buy a new or used unit again without getting it 3rd party inspected. Most large cities have several choices for guys like James that perform this and will even get an oil analysis.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Absolutely do this. My father in law just had his new 5th wheel done before he signed the papers. For $850 the guy spent 10 hours on it, checked every system and provided a full write up as well as videos. Mostly cosmetic but worth every penny.

Riverhound

Reaction score
Check out “AZ Expert” on you tube. You will never buy a new or used unit again without getting it 3rd party inspected. Most large cities have several choices for guys like James that perform this and will even get an oil analysis.
stumbled onto him during my research and reinforced our decision to do an inspection. This guy doesn't miss anything